Overhauling the weapon rack scripts

Sclerocephalus

Curious about something. Why are the 3 weapons you specified in Bug #15138 being set to not respawn? I've had Volendrung sitting on a weapon rack since forever and it hasn't vanished or anything. Originally placed on a vanilla rack and has been sitting happily in Honeyside ever since.

I can't see why the other two weapons should behave any differently unless I'm missing something here.

Cannot replicate it. I tested forsworn bows, and they were the same as other bows. I couldn't find a node distinguisher between different types of forsworn bows. They should mount the same.

Okay. I tested this again. The particular forsworn bow (00083e0c) mentioned in post #822 (above), at Druadach Redoubt, is still not rotated properly though and if you take it and place it on a weapon rack it will not mount properly. Every other forsworn bow that I've tested seems to work fine though. When looking in the creation kit, it looks like the bow (00083e0c) is placed on the ground instead of the weapon rack, which could "possibly" be the reason for this.

Forsworn Bow (00083e0c) [screenshot-CK]  [screenshot-in game]

Curious about something. Why are the 3 weapons you specified in Bug #15138 being set to not respawn? I've had Volendrung sitting on a weapon rack since forever and it hasn't vanished or anything. Originally placed on a vanilla rack and has been sitting happily in Honeyside ever since.

I can't see why the other two weapons should behave any differently unless I'm missing something here.

Have you ever cleared the editorloc cell and had it reset?

He provided a savefile where it had been disabled. The editorREF is initially disabled. It will disable again on respawn. Setting to norespawn prevents this problem.

The other 2 weapons have the same problem. I looked for reports of disappearances, and these 3 matched (disappear on racks, initially disabled, respawning). There may be more, I just don't know about them.

Okay. I tested this again. The particular forsworn bow (00083e0c) mentioned in post #822 (above), at Druadach Redoubt, is still not rotated properly though and if you take it and place it on a weapon rack it will not mount properly. Every other forsworn bow that I've tested seems to work fine though. When looking in the creation kit, it looks like the bow (00083e0c) is placed on the ground instead of the weapon rack, which could "possibly" be the reason for this.

Forsworn Bow (00083e0c) [screenshot-CK]  [screenshot-in game]

Aha! Maybe the ground has something to do with it. coc warehouseprefabs, there's a regular bow on the ground (in CK)  that does the same thing on a plaque in game!

No idea how to fix. It should rotate to the correct alignment.

What needed to change on the rack mesh?

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3669-overhauling-the-weapon-rack-scripts/?p=150626

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3669-overhauling-the-weapon-rack-scripts/?p=150642

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3669-overhauling-the-weapon-rack-scripts/?p=150903

Has Sclero's support for crossbows that didn't make it into 2.0.1.

But Sclero's rack triggers were too tiny and asymmetric, so missed some skinny staves and smaller axes/maces. His bows were upside down and had too much tilt. This is half-way back to vanilla, but with his many tweaks to avoid perfect 90 degree alignment that apparently confuse the engine sometimes.

Having a similar issue with bows. screenshot

Yes, as I wrote:

His bows were upside down and had too much tilt.

Will be fixed in 2.0.4, or until then you can use the testwr50b.7z still a few posts above!

Yes, as I wrote:

Will be fixed in 2.0.4, or until then you can use the testwr50b.7z still a few posts above!

Oh I did not read that, awesome! Thanks for the info.

Just an update, I've downloaded testwr50b.7z however there is still clipping. Here is the weapon rack without USKP and here is the weapon rack w/ USKP and testwr50b.7z. You can see in the first screenshot that the bow being held in the weapon rack because of the 4 nails, however in second screenshot that has USKP and the fix, the bow is not being held up, it is clipping into the top left nail.

However, I will take it over the goofy looking clipping that was happening before. Thanks!

[H]ere is the weapon rack without USKP ... you can see in the first screenshot that the bow being held in the weapon rack because of the 4 nails,

I also see the big fat nail driven through the top of the bow, and the bottom handle completely clipping through the wood block.

here is the weapon rack w/ USKP and testwr50b.7z. [H]owever in second screenshot that has USKP and the fix, the bow is not being held up, it is clipping into the top left nail.

Yep, but isn't clipping the wood. Or a dwarvish greataxe in the next slot.

In a moment, I'll post a screenshot of many bows lined up together on a long rack. You'll see how hard it was to get it this good.... Many hours of tweaking. I'm sure more hours could make it even better. Next time.

UPDATE: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/gallery/image/2008-bowsinrow/gallery_1495_50_327478.jpg

Note the Ebony bow is limited in moving further up or down before it hits something, while nails hitting the bows either (1) have their head under the surface, or (2) are squarely within a metal part to be less obvious.

• 1 month later...
[06/08/2014 - 12:46:22AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (000C0DA8)>]WFR:OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.
[06/08/2014 - 12:46:22AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (000C0DA1)>]WFR:OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.
[06/08/2014 - 12:46:22AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (000C0DA7)>]WFR:OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.
[06/08/2014 - 12:46:22AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (000C0DA6)>]WFR:OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.
[06/08/2014 - 12:46:22AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (000C0DA0)>]WFR:OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.
[06/08/2014 - 12:46:22AM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (000C0D9F)>]WFR:OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.

These errors are on the weapon racks in the Bloodworks in the Palace of the Kings. I'm not sure if this was a fluke or not, because I can't seem to get the errors to occur again. I thought it might be worth mentioning though, just in case. Also, my game is up to date with the latest USKP.

It's not a fluke. That can happen the first time you enter any room with bad racks. It puts itself out of its misery, so the error log won't show up again.

Do we care enough about this location to upgrade its racks?

Yes, it should be fixed. It's going to get visited regularly by anyone doing Blood On The Ice.

Yes, it should be fixed. It's going to get visited regularly by anyone doing Blood On The Ice.

Well, I asked about upgrades, to make them usable.... Instead, here's a simple disable.

bloodworksracks.7z

Ah, well I don't see why they should become usable since they're not in a player owned location. None of the other ones outside of player owned locations are.

Sorry if it has been already discussed here (I made a search with some keywords and found nothing) or if it's not the appropriate topic, but I noticed an issue with the weapon rack in Delphine's secret room (in the Sleeping Giant inn).

I can take the weapons (I took the Blades sword and the Orcish greatsword) but after I can't place them back on the rack. The rack can't be selected.

Is it working as intended or should I report it on TracDown ?

Surely (the racks in) Delphine's room come under the heading of "not in a player-owned location"? (as in the post immediately above yours).

Broken Oar Grotto, at the very end in the top-most "room" (of the wooden structure) is a Weapon Plaque with a Shield and a Sword on it. The shield can be taken, but not the sword?

Broken Oar Grotto, at the very end in the top-most "room" (of the wooden structure) is a Weapon Plaque with a Shield and a Sword on it. The shield can be taken, but not the sword?

000de861 -- CoA activator looks correctly setup to me. This was one of the CoA plaques with bad scripts that required fixes.

Did you try taking the sword first? That would indicate there's a problem with the Sclerocephalus triggers. We had some problems with his too tiny triggers on the tall racks....

UPDATE1: Confirmed. Although I've never done this quest, I CoC'd there and picked off the guards, and the Captain ignores me. So I tried the sword, and was not able to grab it in any order.

UPDATE2: A Greatsword works, but only the bottom tip. Did somebody change the collision box for the WeaponRackCOARightACTIVATOR?

Did you try taking the sword first?

Nope - I did what probably most people would do (in real life as well as a game) and took the item in front (the Shield) first to make it easier to get at the one behind (the Sword).

I could certainly find the nearest savegame prior to going there and replay it but your updates infer that I would see the same results as yourself. Let me know if you want me to do that.

UPDATE2: A Greatsword works, but only the bottom tip. Did somebody change the collision box for the WeaponRackCOARightACTIVATOR?

No, nobody's touched the collision.

Nope - I did what probably most people would do (in real life as well as a game) and took the item in front (the Shield) first to make it easier to get at the one behind (the Sword).

I could certainly find the nearest savegame prior to going there and replay it but your updates infer that I would see the same results as yourself. Let me know if you want me to do that.

No, that's fine. The sword tip is simply too short and not positioned below the shield.

I tested with short swords in warehouseprefabs, and there the hilt is accessible and works.

No, nobody's touched the collision.

Hmmm, then maybe the wall has a bad collision and is masking the top of the sword. Or the collision boxes aren't aligned parallel to the wall. Need to look at the wireframe version next time I'm in CK.