Overhauling the weapon rack scripts

Sclerocephalus

This appeared in my log after using one of the racks in the entryway in my HF home in Hjaalmarch:

[02/09/2014 - 03:10:03PM] error: Cannot call GetTriggerObjectCount() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [ (05011F6A)].weaponrackactivatescript.ActivatorSetup() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line 296
    [ (05011F6F)].WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.ActivatorCheck() - "WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.psc" Line 190
    [ (05011F6F)].WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.psc" Line 66
[02/09/2014 - 03:10:03PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp18"
stack:
    [ (05011F6A)].weaponrackactivatescript.ActivatorSetup() - "WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT.psc" Line 296
    [ (05011F6F)].WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.ActivatorCheck() - "WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.psc" Line 190
    [ (05011F6F)].WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.OnLoad() - "WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT.psc" Line 66

If necessary, I can add this to the tracker.

This appeared in my log after using one of the racks in the entryway in my HF home in Hjaalmarch:

If necessary, I can add this to the tracker.

Don't bother. You aren't running 2.0.1 release. Line 66 is in the middle of CheckConfiguration().

You'll need to clean out your *.pex lines. And make sure you aren't running my old UUSkyPP version, which won't work with 2.0.1 release.

Don't bother. You aren't running 2.0.1 release. Line 66 is in the middle of CheckConfiguration().

You'll need to clean out your *.pex lines. And make sure you aren't running my old UUSkyPP version, which won't work with 2.0.1 release.

Yes, I am using the 2.0.1 release for all of the Unofficial Patches. This must be baked in data then or else something with one of your fixes wasn't included in the final release.

Also, I've never used UUSkyPP; I've never even heard of it.

Regarding the *.pex lines -- Arthmoor said a while back that this was not the problem, because none of my mods would touch this stuff; besides I've never edited any of these files and wouldn't know how to anyway.

Well, DayDreamer, you're gonna get your wish :P

We biffed a script used by MG02 that block advancement of the College quest line so we'll obviously need to hotfix that. One lousy script with poorly named variables.

So your last rack updates will get tossed in with it.

• Like 2

Also, I've never used UUSkyPP; I've never even heard of it.

Yes you have, you verified that my UUSkyPP Weapon Rack Fix had fixed Alvor's Riverwood racks. Please make sure that it isn't in your load order anymore.

Well, DayDreamer, you're gonna get your wish :P

I think folks will be pleased. For one thing, that esp gets rid of all the known activator error logs and most of the trigger logs. Of course, as you integrate it, don't integrate the DUPLICATE001 quest! ;)

Yes you have, you verified that my UUSkyPP Weapon Rack Fix had fixed Alvor's Riverwood racks. Please make sure that it isn't in your load order anymore.

Okay, you're correct on that then. I didn't know what you were referring to when you said UUSkyPP.  I removed your weapon rack fix (UUSkyPP) from my load after I tested the racks in Riverwood at Alvor's forge. By the way, I didn't save my game, so those scripts are not still stuck in my game. I am well aware of the potential consequences of removing mods and getting baked in data as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Each time I enter Severin Manor, I get a bunch of weapon rack related papyrus spam in my log (see attachment below).

Severin Manor Weapon Rack Papyrus Spam.zip

Edit: And this one in Ashfallow Citadel:

[02/21/2014 - 10:42:21PM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (0703467A)>]OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.

Each time I enter Severin Manor, I get a bunch of weapon rack related papyrus spam in my log (see attachment below).

Thanks. While I tried to take care of all the base racks, the DLC racks needed to be covered in their separate U*P. These warnings help find them.

Oh man, is this a PITA!

Because Severin Manor can become a player house, instead of a sensible and careful design, everything is duplicated brute force....

Here's what I'm doing, for future consistency:

1. Edit:Find each reported object by number.
  2. In the cell view window, right click the object, Set Linked Ref, don't fill anything, Click OK. This will point the linked ref to self.
  3. Again, right click the object, Edit.
  4. On the new linked ref, double click (or right click Edit), in the Keyword field type "WR" which will bring up WRackActivator, type Enter, then click OK (or type Enter again).
  5. Look very carefully at the object in the camera view window. Is it a front? You're done: click OK.
  6. If a back, in the Edit window, go to Scripts, Remove. OK.

Why leave the script for the front plates? Because a plugin might want to modify the front plate, replace it, move it around, adding an activator. Everything is kept in place. No loss of properties.

Why bother deleting the back script? Because with all the duplicated non-working back plates, on new games (or the player has not yet visited here), this will drastically cut the number of OnCellAttach objects to be processed -- which in turn is why some places (such as WarMaidens) clank and take so long to load.

Why Set Linked Ref for back plates? So that these aren't [NR]. All the bases are covered.

Gotta love it! I'd appreciate it if you could provide an ESP that handles what needs to be handled. The UDBP is coming up for its regular update run shortly and we may as well get those racks fixed up while that's going on.

Gotta love it! I'd appreciate it if you could provide an ESP that handles what needs to be handled. The UDBP is coming up for its regular update run shortly and we may as well get those racks fixed up while that's going on.

That's what I've been doing. I took a break for some cake in the middle, but oh the 5 hours of tedium....

Funny thing, looks like they copied these from the bug-ridden Windhelm player house -- so all the fixes there had to be made again here in DLC2. Where I was touching them, I removed the Windhelm editor name, but left it on any others.

The Ashfallow Citadel was a never-before-seen weapon plaque embedded in the wall, so I moved it out and gave it an activator.

Mind you, this is probably not all of them. Just those that have been reported so far.

We wouldn't have had to do all this manual checking, except to update from bad 1.3.3 and 2.0.0 changes that got things stuck in various incompatible states. Although the rigor does force us to fix things like stuff stuck inside walls.

wrdlc2.7z

I doubt there's going to be many more to find, so hopefully this batch does the trick.

I think I found another weapon rack that may need fixing (assuming it isn't already fixed for the next update):

[02/28/2014 - 07:17:58PM] [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (07036268)>]OnCellAttach() ERROR: missing WRackActivator; 'ActivatorBusy' state.

This is the one in the Bulwark at Raven Rock.

Looks to me like that person is using a modified weapon rack script that has little to do with ours.

DayDreamer, you seen Bug #14975?

Also, could the cause for this be the same that occasionally caused the start up items to fall of the weapon racks?

BYOHHouse1InteriorRoom10Part060MountedHeadElkAntlers01 is Static. As such, it shouldn't need the Don't Havok Settle flag, but that may help fix the problem.

It has no scripts. It isn't a startup item.

It is Initially Disabled, and has no enable parent. Instead, it is handled by BYOHHouseFalkreath.

It is mounted too high on the wall, and sticks through the floor above. It isn't actually over a door, but on the big post between two potential doors. My guess is the havok attempts to get the antlers out of the floor above, and it drops to the floor below.

Looks to me like that person is using a modified weapon rack script that has little to do with ours.

Yes, we aren't QCCWeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT -- any idea what/who that is?

[03/04/2014 - 11:57:12AM] [WeaponRackActivateScript < (0009E443)>]PlaceItem() ERROR:[ObjectReference < (0009E444)>]; Base = [Form < (0006A0B9)>]; rejected for [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (0009E442)>]
[03/04/2014 - 12:04:04PM] [WeaponRackActivateScript < (0009E443)>]PlaceItem() ERROR:[ObjectReference < (0009E444)>]; Base = [Form < (0006A0B9)>]; rejected for [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (0009E442)>]
[03/04/2014 - 12:22:24PM] [WeaponRackActivateScript < (0009E443)>]PlaceItem() ERROR:[ObjectReference < (0009E444)>]; Base = [Form < (0006A0B9)>]; rejected for [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (0009E442)>]

As you can see this happened 3 times and coincidentally (or not) I entered Northwatch Keep 3 times (during Missing in Action).

Also, inside the Keep there is a Banner (000C1A8C) with a Weapon Plaque either side of it. The one to the left had a Mace on it, which I took with no problem. The one on the right, however, had a Sword which I "took" but the sword is still on the Plaque and is no longer "takeable" (no Press "E" prompt).

Load Order:-

Update.esm

USKP (2.0.3)

Hearthfires

UHFP (2.0.2)

SBBasement.esm

SBBasementHF.esp

no killmoves, no killcams, no killbites.esp

The one on the right, however, had a Sword which I "took" but the sword is still on the Plaque and is no longer "takeable" (no Press "E" prompt).

Technically this is not something about the weapon racks, but I've seen a similar behavior when picking arrows on the ground and sometimes I can pick them up while other arrows I cannot I mean the arrows aren't takeable.

I also have a question about the weapon rack script or a bookshelf script.  Can a weapon rack script or a bookshelf script *reset* a cell e.g an exterior cell or an interior cell and if it's possible your stuff is lost for good?

Don't miss the point - I aimed at the Sword, got the prompt, pressed "E", heard myself "take" the sword, but the sword was still there  on the plaque (and couldn't be taken). Not quite the same as arrows lying on the ground which can't be taken - that's an issuse as old as Skyrim - sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

[03/04/2014 - 11:57:12AM] [WeaponRackActivateScript < (0009E443)>]PlaceItem() ERROR:[ObjectReference < (0009E444)>]; Base = [Form < (0006A0B9)>]; rejected for [WeaponRackTriggerSCRIPT < (0009E442)>]
... The one on the right, however, had a Sword which I "took" but the sword is still on the Plaque and is no longer "takeable" (no Press "E" prompt).

Hooray! The new error logs are bearing fruit. We've always had unconfirmed reports, but no way to find them.

I also have a question about the weapon rack script or a bookshelf script.  Can a weapon rack script or a bookshelf script *reset* a cell e.g an exterior cell or an interior cell and if it's possible your stuff is lost for good?

Maybe in the past. But weapon racks now empty as you leave a cell, and a cell reset shouldn't have any effect (other than resetting some temporary variables). As you enter, any previously placed weapon is re-mounted from scratch.

That's why Screwy had 3 error messages: 1 each time he entered.

Also, inside the Keep there is a Banner (000C1A8C) with a Weapon Plaque either side of it. The one to the left had a Mace on it, which I took with no problem. The one on the right, however, had a Sword which I "took" but the sword is still on the Plaque and is no longer "takeable" (no Press "E" prompt).

Well, this is odd. The ERROR is for a dummy sword downstairs. That's going to be harder to debug, as apparently you were assigned a weapon that wouldn't mount. It's a ThalmorWeapon1H, but need to know whether Steel, Elven, or Glass? What level are you? What do you see?

The sword 000C1A8F you cannot take is on a different plaque 000C1A91 entirely.

Why the heck does a Steel Sword 00013989 have a huge bounding box, instead of the cubical one like a Steel Mace? That needs to be fixed.

Once you took the sword, the rack remembers that you've taken it. The fact that it didn't go into your inventory is a different problem altogether -- is this problem reproducible?