Companions Bug after "Proving Honor" (video link inside)

Zombie_Head

Hey guys,

Hope i am posting this in the correct place.

So i experienced this bug with the companions in 4 of my profiles. Three of those profiles were modded, however only textures, new weapons and armor, nothing that changes the actual core game (such as SkyRE).

One profile was bone default, no mods, just the Besthesda HD DLC (1-3).

The bug is after completing "Proving Honor", when one returns back to Whiterun/Jorrvaskr. I do not know, if this is a bug with Skyrim Pacth 1.9 or with the Unofficial Patch. 

What should happen now, is that Vilkas should be waiting for you outside Jorrvaskr to take you to the members of the circle located behind Jorrvaskr.

This does not happen at all, and if one proceeds directly to the circle, without meeting Vilkas first, the quest will bug out.

Here is a video, showing Vilkas not waiting outside Jorrvaskr, running the latest unofficial patch.

PS: Sorry if it is a bit dark, i was running an ENB

This is caused by the edit to C02QuestGiverWaitForPlayer in Update.esm from 1.9. PlayerEnteredCeremonyRoom is equal to zero when Vilkas is supposed to greet, but the package is checking that it equals one rather than zero.

Yay for patch induced bugs! :P At least that's easy to fix.

Arthmmor:

Does that mean this bug is fixed in the UOP  1.3.2c or still needs a fix?

Arthmmor:

Does that mean this bug is fixed in the UOP  1.3.2c or still needs a fix?

I do not believe it is fixed in 1.3.2c, and i also found another bug in Kynsgrove.......they just keep coming in lol.

Hate to pile in but it seems that the Old Hroldan Ghost will not trigger an appearance as he is supposed to also... :cry:

• 4 months later...

This is caused by the edit to C02QuestGiverWaitForPlayer in Update.esm from 1.9. PlayerEnteredCeremonyRoom is equal to zero when Vilkas is supposed to greet, but the package is checking that it equals one rather than zero.

Hello , I've got the same probleme than Zombie_head.

How can i do to solve it please ?

Hello , I've got the same probleme than Zombie_head.

How can i do to solve it please ?

Find Vilkas, talk to him before you meet the companions outside.

You will find him inside Jorrvaskr, or sleeping downstairs.

Thanks for the answer.

But it doesn't change nothing.

And maybe it's a little different than you, because the marker for the return to Jorrvaskr is on Sjkor, not Vilkas.

And if i talk to Sjkor the quest is over, but nothing happens after.

I will try again .. :(

Thanks for the answer.

But it doesn't change nothing.

And maybe it's a little different than you, because the marker for the return to Jorrvaskr is on Sjkor, not Vilkas.

And if i talk to Sjkor the quest is over, but nothing happens after.

I will try again .. :(

That is why i said, when you go back into whiterun, before meeting anyone in the circle, go inside Jorrvaskr. Talk to Farkas first, he will ask you to follow him, and he will trigger the next steps.

sorry, my mistake, talk to VILKAS!!

Yes, that's exactly what i do.

I speak first to Vilkas, directly and before to speak with the others members. But nothing happens.

I think i need an other solution :( .

Thanks you anyway

If nothing is happening, then C02 hasn't started, probably from mod interference.

The issue with the forcegreet package has been fixed by the USKP it works perfectly in my game.

If nothing is happening, then C02 hasn't started, probably from mod interference.

The issue with the forcegreet package has been fixed by the USKP it works perfectly in my game.

Never worked with or without the unofficial patch 1.3.3c, got several profiles.

Ok, sorry for my English but i don't understand all.

So what can i do ?

I already use USKP with steamworkshop.

So have i to uninstall all my mods and try again ?

Thanks you

Never worked with or without the unofficial patch 1.3.3c, got several profiles.

Vilkas standing there, or the quest not progressing even if you find him?

Ok, sorry for my English but i don't understand all.

So what can i do ?

I already use USKP with steamworkshop.

So have i to uninstall all my mods and try again ?

Thanks you

First tell me if entering "GetQuestRunng C02" in the console returns 1.

Vilkas just inside Jorrvaskr, not outside waiting for us, i have to talk to him to update the quest.

Vilkas just inside Jorrvaskr, not outside waiting for us, i have to talk to him to update the quest.

For me even if i speak to Vilkas, it doesn't change nothing. And the marker is not on Vilkas, but on Skjor.

What have i to do ? I have to type : "GetQuestRunng C02" in the console ? Excuse me i'm a little noob with the console :)

What have i to do ? I have to type : "GetQuestRunng C02" in the console ? Excuse me i'm a little noob with the console :)

Yes (almost). Open the console and type GetQuestRunning C02 (no quotes) then press enter. It should respond with GetQuestRunning >> 1.00 (or 0.00). Note - it's GetQuestRunning not GetQuestRunng and it's C-Zero-2 not C-Oh-2.

Clan, do not go to Skjor, go to Vilkas, inside Jorrvaskr even if the quest marker says otherwise, as shown in the video i linked.

That's what i do dude :) ; but that's change nothing.

Yes (almost). Open the console and type GetQuestRunning C02 (no quotes) then press enter. It should respond with GetQuestRunning >> 1.00 (or 0.00). Note - it's GetQuestRunning not GetQuestRunng and it's C-Zero-2 not C-Oh-2.

Ok, i'll try it

Ok

I have : GetQuestRunning >> 0.00

Does it a manipulation to make >> 1.00 ?

Edit : For information the quest's marker shows : http://www.noelshack.com/2013-39-1380189988-2013-09-26-00004-2.jpg

1.00 = True = Yes, it is running.

0.00 = False = No, it is not running.

The console command is a request for information - "Is quest C02 currently running?". You don't "manipulate" it.