[Morrowind] PyFFi meshes?

Leonardo

Someone on GHF posted a question about PyFFi meshes for Morrowind and I don't know if anyone have done that before, so I thought why not ask here if anyone know.

Is it possible to PyFFi meshes for Morrowind in the same way you do with meshes for Oblivion? :shrug:

I'm not sure if anyone has ever done that or not. I've never tried it myself because I had assumed the process only worked on Oblivion meshes.

If your assumption is correct Arthmoor then the meshes for Oblivion must have something that the meshes for Morrowind doesn't have.  Just a thought.

Perhaps it's time to accept the challenge and try to PyFFi the meshes for Morrowind.  I would try it myself but I haven't done that for Oblivion yet, so I don't know what result there is to expect. :unsure:

It appears that the process will work. I've tried it on a random pick of 5 meshes from the Data Files folder. PyFFI did what would be expected and didn't generate any errors. The only thing I'd be worried about is whether or not this is being optimized properly for Morrowind's needs.

The PyFFI process used for this was tuned to optimize for Oblivion's needs, and Oblivion's meshes are more advanced because it's version of Gamebryo is more advanced.

I'm not really sure I'd be the best person to check this stuff either since benchmarking isn't something I'm suited for.

Ah so it works. :D

What do you mean by benchmarking?  Is your video not suited for things like that.  The only thing I can think of is to have better FPS in-game with large meshes such as statics and perhaps a better look of faces, heads, bodies etc.

Benchmarking as in determining with any certainty that it helps with frame rates etc. I just don't have the patience to deal with that :)