UP issue comments not visible unless logged in.

alt3rn1ty

I don't know if this is by design but Unofficial Patches Issues do not show any follow up comments unless you are logged in.

Maybe an incentive to join / log in ?

Casual visitors coming from other forums researching what has been done for any particular issue will not be able to see what has transpired ( additional information added ) since any issue was posted.

So maybe causing duplicate information already discussed / noted ( but not visible ) elsewhere ( BGS Forum / Nexus ).

For example, log out of the site. go here, pick a green category, choose an issue topic .. You see the initial issue post, but comments on the issue are not visible until you log in.

Looks like a bug in the tracker code. Permissions are set for guests to view, but not post comments (for obvious reasons) but that appears to be incorrectly stopping guests from actually seeing the comments.

I thought it was unusual, given the subject matter and as much detail needs visibility, I can understand the need to control the potential spam though via easy comment posting.

I just tried that and I notice that you're back on the overview menu once you click on the details of an issue, but if I understood you correctly alt3rn1ty you cannot see other comments than the starter has posted.  Correct? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not logged in, all I can see is the original bug report. I can't see any of the comments (or even how many has been left), who posted them doesn't matter. There's just the repply box directly under the report. I can see the Issue Details on the left, so casual visitor can at least see the bug's state.