[Skyrim] Creating Skyrim Armor in Blender Tutorial Series

Hana

gallery_1515_264_39566.png

gallery_1515_264_3545.png  Index:   (these are external links to my tutorial at TES Alliance)

Part 1: Understanding Skin Partitions - NifSkope

Part 2: Understanding Skin Partitions - Blender

Part 3: Preparing an Existing Nif for Blender

Part 4: Modifying an Existing Nif in Blender

Part 5: Clean up of the Nif in NifSkope

Part 6: Adding Armor to the Creation Kit

Part 7: Creating new Armor in Blender

Addendum: Skin Partitions / Body Parts / Biped Objects Reference Sheet

gallery_1515_264_3545.png  In my bid to understand why none of my modified armors worked in game, I've delved deep into the steaming underbelly of Nifskope to dissect every miniscule part of how the Skyrim body works. I've discovered some very interesting facts that I hope will help any others who decide to try their hand at new armors/clothing for Skyrim.

Thus is born this series of tutorials that describe the process of creating/modifying armor and/or clothing for Skyrim in detail with plenty of pictures. Each tutorial is written in a 'classroom' way for you to follow along in the tools yourself. Don't be afraid, get in there and try it. Make a cup of tea, grab some cookies and take your time, there's a lot of information here.

gallery_1515_264_3545.png  Tools Required:

* Blender 2.49b (not tested on higher versions, but do not use 2.6x versions - the Nifscripts aren't up to the task yet)
* NifScripts 2.5.9
* PYFFI 2.1.11
* NifSkope 1.1.0

gallery_1515_264_3545.png  Knowledge Required:

These are advanced tutorials that assume the reader knows and understands NifSkope and their way around in Blender. They also assume basic knowledge of the Creation Kit.