No More Skyrim DLC :(

Arthmoor

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/15/moving-to-our-next-adventure/

In case y'all missed the blog post, it looks like they're done with Skyrim, other than the possibility of more minor patches.

I have to say I'm kind of pissed and also sad to see this. Especially after they made it sound like we'd get more than this since well before 11/11/11. I'll be less annoyed though if they can cook up at least one or two good patches to plug up more bugs officially.

Hopefully when they decide to stop patching the game they'll make sure to tell us so that we won't be left hanging on that.

On the off chance people think there's wiggle room in the blog post: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/323837011591036929

I'm sad to see them move on as well. Good things never last indefinately... That would be against some cosmic law governing the Universe. Their DLCs were good though. I enjoyed them and would have liked to see more. Now I'll just have to see what the modding community come up with and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Hopefully, they'll still patch the game, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm pessimist when it comes to promises, which can be easily broken or forgotten, but I guess that depends on how their next project goes and what resources it requires. If only it wasn't as bugged at launch as Skyrim. One can always dream :) And just for the record, Skyrim was not their buggiest game. But I'm sure they can do better! Especially if they skip the part about setting a release day before the game is done.

However, I certainly wouldn't be counting on them to tell us (=the modding community) when they're done with those minor updates they tease us with. I think, it's much more likely that they'll just quietly stop working on Skyrim completely at some point and gracefully forget to tell us when that point has been reached. So, yeah, I'm fully expecting them to leave us hanging on that :P

But they did well with Skyrim. It already saw more updates than their previous games and about twice as many as I was expecting when it was released.

I hope you wont stop Patching Skyrim Arthmoor, i mean do you still Patch Oblivion. :)

Will you also have more time to do New Mods, or will you Disappear and come back 4 Years later when the New TES Game comes out. :huh:

Heh, glad I found the new home of all things Unofficial Patch related... you guys keep moving around, I was afraid you guys had disappeared.

I was absolutely expecting more Skyrim DLC from Bethesda as well. On the one hand, it's really too bad. I think that there's a lot that Bethesda does poorly post-launch. Well, I don't want to get into that too much. On the other hand... Fallout 4... I really, really hope.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks for all your continued hard work to make Skyrim and its DLCs a far better product for all the fans. I hope you continue to receive all the praise and kudos that you deserve so that you know how much your work is appreciated.

I read the same thread at the officials and later I read this thread about what plans Bethesda has a least what others think they have.

That box art was confirmed to be a fake by Pete Hines, so it's still up in the air. We know a GOTY Edition is coming. We just don't know when. I'm also very confident one more official patch is coming before this, and since June is so close at hand, I'm going to have to assume the release date for this isn't quite that close.

Especially since it's possible there could be one more patch after the next one, and I can't imagine them going to GOTY without all their official patching being done.

So you mean that Bethesda will do the same thing they did with Oblivion that concerns for their patches.

There was another patch for Oblivion, or am I misunderstanding something?

I'm pretty sure it was a joke. There were two patches for Oblivion, and aside from leaving behind the animation bomb bug, there wasn't really anything super critical left to fix.

Well, they did said in a post that Legendary Edition will include patch 1.9, that kinda decreased the chance of us receiving more updates.

That box art was confirmed to be a fake by Pete Hines, so it's still up in the air. We know a GOTY Edition is coming. We just don't know when. I'm also very confident one more official patch is coming before this, and since June is so close at hand, I'm going to have to assume the release date for this isn't quite that close.

Especially since it's possible there could be one more patch after the next one, and I can't imagine them going to GOTY without all their official patching being done.

I think Pete Hines was forced to do that, because now it's official about Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Yeah, that more or less changes everything. Although even that official announcement doesn't close the door completely on getting more patches. It does tend to make it a lot more unlikely that we'd get more than one more.

I hope they'll release a final patch before 4th June, because that would prevent the gap when it comes for patching between the game itself and CK.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that more or less changes everything. Although even that official announcement doesn't close the door completely on getting more patches. It does tend to make it a lot more unlikely that we'd get more than one more.

I begin to wonder if the Skyrim Legendary Edition is the *final* patch it self. :shrug:

I begin to wonder if the Skyrim Legendary Edition is the *final* patch it self. :shrug:

i agree 1 if not 2 more bug fix patches are likely imo

I just took a quick look at Skyrim Legendary Edition on Steam and this feature looks interesting.

Key Features
  • Live Another Life, In Another World

Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the freedom of choice, storytelling, and adventure of The Elder Scrolls comes to life in one legendary experience complete with added weapons, armor, spells, and shouts from all three official add-ons.

The way I figure they must be influenced by Arthmoor's Live Another Life mod and decided to add some new stuff.  I didn't know there were a shout from Hearthfire, but I would be surprised if weren't shouts from the other two DLC though.

I'm also curious about what Arthmoor has to say about what he might find in Skyrim Legendary Edition when it comes to overwritten fixes, new bugs etc and how much of the USKP content that needs to be removed or rewritten.

That's been their marketing spin on the game since well before 11/11/11. Nothing new there, no inspiration from LAL. In fact, LAL got it's title from that marketing spin.

I also doubt the Legendary Edition is going to have anything different from what the vanilla game patched to 1.9 + all the DLCs has in it. And also, their spin is slightly wrong. HF doesn't add another shout.

I see.  So it was the opposite then.  As far I can tell and have read is that Skyrim Legendary Edition have legendary skills from the start.  Just what I thought about shouts in HF.

Thanks for the information Arthmoor. :)

Legendary Skills were added with Patch 1.9. So that makes sense that the LE would have those. You still have to get to level 100 in each skill though before you can do that.

Yesterday my friend and I was out for a walk, so I decided to checkout my local game store just to see if they will sell Skyrim LE retail this Friday and they did.  That means I'll buy Skyrim LE the first I do on Friday, but then a question arise and that's about the DLC.  Now, I didn't bought Dawnguard when it was released last year nor do I bought it earlier this year and I wonder.

Is this a problem for not having/not playing Dawnguard in Skyrim LE except for disabling Dawnguard-DLC in your loadorder as usual?