Tech_Lion

Your Thoughts on Moddercon 2014   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend?

• For Sure!
    • Maybe, depends on who's going
    • No way, I prefer to keep my secret identity
    • Wish I could but I'm not in the US and Can't Travel There
  2. 2. What would you most like to see at Moddercon?

• Community Celebrities
    • Food/Drink
    • LAN Parties
    • ES Costume Contests
    • Raffles
    • Demo Booths
    • Workshops
    • Modder Panels with Well Known Modders
    • Other (Please post and share your idea!)
  3. 3. What is a reasonable price for a moddercon ticket?

• Less than $10USD
    • $10-$20USD
    • $20-$30USD
    • $30-$40USD
    • $40-$50USD
    • Ticket? Naw, my ride should be free!

Hey Guys,

Wanted to talk to you folks about a little idea we've been kicking around on TESA for the last couple years and we're finally in an early position to start putting plans together for:

★MODDERCON 2014★

Basically we modders should have a convention (and by that term I'm including mod makers and mod players), a time and place for modders and mod fans to meet face to face, get some panels up for discussions, maybe a LAN party, contests, giveaways, eats, and swag! Tentatively the event would be next year in 2014 during early summer, likely in St. Louis since it's halfway from either coast, has a lot to offer tourists outside the convention, and is the area I know best for staging it. This event is not limited to Skyrim or even ES modders, just modders in general. thumbsup.gif

At this time I have nothing carved in stone just a lot of ideas drawn up and the early stagings of a plan, reached out to some corporate sponsors to guage interest, contected some venues, etc. What I'm looking for from the community is constructive feedback, this party is for you guys! So we'd like to get a feel for what size group we can get together, how many people would like to attend, what you folks would like to see at Moddercon, and hear your ideas!

After this feedback stage, I will put together a real solid plan and open a board so folks can follow the progress, get details, order tickets, etc etc. But any questions you have at this early stage I will do my best to answer based on what information I have gathered at this point. It'd really help us out at this stage just to hear your feedback and suggestions! bunny.gif

Just a note on tickets: All proceeds will be going toward funding the event and anything over our funding needs will be going to charity (probably Child's Play). smile.png

Thanks for your time guys!

Sounds like it would be a blast, and I'd definitely love to come, but I don't anticipate being in a position to afford the trip even with it being 14 months down the road.

I was rather surprised to find that, of all things, driving the 3600 mile round trip would cost me significantly MORE than flying, and that taking a train would be the cheapest - yet would also take the longest amount of time to get there.

I think it's a great idea all around though. Bringing more attention to the fact that modding exists, people are excited by it, and that there are A LOT of us out there would do wonders for getting the industry to realize that it's not just a bunch of piratical hackers in their basements picking apart code in the dark.

I've seen the backlash this idea has received elsewhere and I'm surprised by that. You'd think this would be a far more universally welcomed idea. I can understand the overseas people being indifferent due to the costs, but the outright hostility came as a shock.

St. Louis isn't that bad of a stretch to get to from Wisconsin - sure, it's a 5 hour and 30 minute drive both ways, but I've been driven farther before. Plus, I'm intrested in going to St. Louis anyway, so the location really works for me.

Arthmoor, I may have to put you on a bus and get you here just for the sheer fact that the majority of responses have been "Id go to meet Arthmoor" :rofl:

Heh. Starting to look that way :P

I didn't even think to look into bus fare, but I can't really picture myself putting up with that long of a ride on one.

We will have a board open for folks to organize carpools that may be an option too depending on where you're coming from. I know of a few folks traveling together already :lol:

I suspect some of the negative responses will change if you make sure there are lots of online options for people who can't be there physically to participate.

We do plan to try for a live feed of the whole event so people can login and see what's happening. The media staff at TESA will be covering it on Twitter and Facebook too. Any other suggestions about what we can offer folks participating from home? :)