[Skyrim] I swear I'm having A-bomb issues

Hana

You know, those strange weird anomolies that plagued Oblivion after so much playtime? Although, I've never seen anyone mention that such a thing occurs in Skyrim.

Just to take a break from modeling, I decided to play last night. I'm taking a character through the Dragonborn quest line. So far I've started noticing;

• Draugr are popping out of their sarcophagus and falling down, already dead.
  • I had one cultist that I killed that I could not loot, no search option came up.
  • The word wall at Saering's Watch where you get the Bend Will shout did not make any sound
  • Fighting the lurker at the Wind Stone, went into a final kill move scene but was frozen. The scene did not play, just saw myself in 3rd person view, holding my bow with the string drawn. The 'scene' finally ended but my bow was stuck. Even if I put it away and re-drew it, the string is still drawn.
  • Floating weapons.

I'm pretty sure these aren't bugs the UDBP can fix, they're just odd happenings. So I'm wondering if anyone's heard of such things and / or if there is anything that I can do to fix it?

ALL draugr are doing this or just a few? I've seen this one myself once or twice. Both times on Solstheim. So that's probably just bugs with those particular ones. Bad lizard didn't note them to check to fix later either :P

I've never run into the rest though, other than the floating weapons thing that happens occasionally because you killed an enemy with the bow at the same time the paralysis perk kicked in. That we could fix, but it would come at the cost of bloating the save with all the dropped weapons.

Not all draugr, no. But it was about half a dozen while running through Miraak's temple. As far as I recall they were just the regular draugr type. I don't recall it occuring on my first play through or not.

And the weapon thing, I accept that explanation. Argis was killing that draugr with his paralysis enchanted axe while I was pinging him with my bow and arrow.

Nope have noticed any of these, the only thing I've noticed since getting the new patch is when doing the MQ not all the Thalmor are no longer outside the Embassy waiting to ask for my invatation like there use to be when I did the MQ. There in the other building and I have to wait for them to come out. Not sure if it's a bug, but whenever I did the MQ in the past they were all already standing outside the Embassy and the first one stood by the steps waiting to ask for my invatation.

• 3 months later...

A while ago, I had some sort of a flashback in my game when I started to see bugs occurring again that were fixed in the USKP a long time ago, e.g. followers using the backdoor of Belethor's shop instead of the front door. In the end, this turned out to be related to installing the "SDO Full-LOD" mod (a very nice mod with not too much loss of performance), which was loaded with ITM records. After cleaning the esps (which reduced some of them to less than half their original size!), the problems were gone.

It's a sad truth that many mod authors do not clean their mods before going live, although they should know better (there are so many unwanted records which the CK will add without saying ...). Thus, if you recently did install a new mod, check it in TES5Edit. This could solve some of your problems.

• Draugr are popping out of their sarcophagus and falling down, already dead.

I don't know for sure if this is related or not, but I had a similar issue today when I had just step out of Dragonreach and became aware of an ongoing dragon attack.  I tried several times to fight the dragon without having an assault penalty (in some cases the assault penalty system in both Oblivion, Skyrim really sucks imo), but for unknown reason the dragon simply won't attack me no matter what I did the dragon doesn't seems to recognise me at all and then I started to think.

So I choose to try a few possibilities of why the dragon doesn't attack me and found out it could be the case that I had the visit your new home quest active (although I don't think that's possible, but who knows for sure).  After that I decided to try to get the dragon to attack me without having that quest active in my journal, so I launched Skyrim and loaded my gamsave with a result I wouldn't thought it was possible.

The result was a big WTF what the hell is going on, because I didn't fire a single arrow before the dragon suddenly landed and use two fire breath shouts to a Whiterun Guard before it simply drop dead to the ground.  :blink:

Maybe the dragon didn't attack you because it was one of those friendly/neutral dragons that spawned. Just leave them be, they'll fly away eventually.

They won't even attack guards, despite the fact that they (the guards) go all-drama on them. Silly guards.  :P

But you had an attack inside Whiterun? Does that happen often? I only had one dragon attack inside a walled city, in a vanilla game, and I have a feeling that was mostly a glitch. The dragon spawned outside the main Riften gate almost at the same time as I was activating the gate to go inside, so I guess he 'followed" me in, like people do if you go through a door while they are saying their "hellos". 

But then again, I don't have that many random dragon spawns. Some say it's tied to how much you fast-travel (I don't use it at all) so that might be the case.

This time I didn't fast travel instead I was just stepping out of Dragonreach when the dragon attacked, so yes it happens now and then a dragon attack me in Whiterun.  But I guess that you might have a point there about spawning dragons that was dragged into the city by me without knowing that.

I can tell you that much about dragging in dragons into Riften isn't the case every time it happen, because just south of Riften lies the dragon lair Lost Tongue Overlook and sometimes can the dragon fly a little to much to the north.

Have you ever fight two dragons at the same time?

I did that almost a week ago and it happen my first time when I visited Falkreth via carriage.

I have no idea how that dragon managed to follow me inside Riften since I was playing a 100% vanilla game at the time (except a few texture replacers), and the DragonRace has "Can't open doors", which I suppose should have prevented him from, you know, actually opening the door and casually strolling into Riften.  :lmao:

I had a 2 dragon encounter once, not on my PC but on my Xbox, which was a pretty big shock since I don't think that's supposed to happen. 

Spawning dragons inside city worldspaces is exceedingly rare, but it can happen.

It's more likely that you'll spawn one outside and inadvertently drag it inside when you go through the load gate. Yes, they are designed to follow you through to the city worldspaces.

As far as two dragons at once, I've only ever seen that one time. Not sure how it happened either because I don't use any dragon mods and I've never been able to make it happen since. Though I bet you could if you went and dragged a static encounter down into the wilderness and then triggered a random one at the same time.

Aha! So dragons following you into a city is a feature.

I don't use any dragon mods

Whaaat? Not even baby dragons? ≧◉◡◉≦  

Onward Meraxes! To Glory! *dies by lore-guru lynch mob*

Spawning dragons inside city worldspaces is exceedingly rare, but it can happen.

It's more likely that you'll spawn one outside and inadvertently drag it inside when you go through the load gate. Yes, they are designed to follow you through to the city worldspaces.

As far as two dragons at once, I've only ever seen that one time. Not sure how it happened either because I don't use any dragon mods and I've never been able to make it happen since. Though I bet you could if you went and dragged a static encounter down into the wilderness and then triggered a random one at the same time.

I was just about to ask Vilja if she could do some shopping when a dragon attacked Solitude and it happen almost immediately after I fast travel from High Hrothgar to Solitude, so I take your word for it Arthmoor dragons can spawn in a city worldspace.

The fight was easy because the dragon landed just in front of the entrance to the Imperial Legion headquarters in Solitude and there were a lot of Solitude guards, Imperial soldiers and they was just about to relieve each other.

After that the dragon flew over the wall and landed right in the market square.  By then I approached the dragon it was already dead.

Yesterday I saw a Boethia worshipper firebomb himself fatally.  He was trying to attack my character.  This was on a brand new save.

[...] As far as two dragons at once, I've only ever seen that one time. Not sure how it happened either [...]

It happened to me in the vanilla game, too (can't remember in which circumstances). Another time when trying to kill Paarthurnax (blades request), but your "Paarthurnax dilemma" mod was activated. Finally, we have the twin dragons from the frozen lake in Dawnguard's forgotten vale (and I'm sure about these ones).