What can be found on UESP?

Leonardo

I wonder if you receive a letter of inheritance from a courier in your game before.  Well I haven't and I was a bit surprised to see a *hidden* quest on UESP.

Also all quest stages are set to 0 so does this mean that Bethesda planned to have a such quest in the game, but for unknown reason the quest was pulled out before the game/DLC release.

Nope. It's "hidden" because it operates in the background. Whenever an NPC dies that you were buddies with the game triggers that quest. The courier will show up, hand you the letter and some gold, and that's it.

• 3 months later...

The other day I was looking for something else on UESP when I notice the Thane of Whiterun quest and Vignar Gray-Mane was the quest giver in Jorrvaskr.

What I can't understand why is there a quest for Thane of Whiterun when the actual quest is more or less tied to the MQ.  Perhaps the Thane of Whiterun quest was an option for those people who didn't want to rush through the MQ too fast.

I don't know why.  Do you?

If you do the Civil War for the Stormcloaks side, Vignar takes over as Jarl, at which point you'll have to go through him to become Thane. Even if you were already Thane before that, you have to talk to him again.

I see.  I didn't realize that about the civil war, but there is one thing I wonder and that's about buying a house in Whiterun.  If I follow civil war quest line as a Stormcloak soldier would I have to *re-buy* Beezehome a second time even I already owned it before Whiterun was attacked and captured by the Stormcloaks.

No, you won't have to re-buy it. But you will notice when you go to Breezehome after the civil war it'll say it needs a key again. So make sure you keep the key on you. :lol:

When you talk to Vignar he already knows you own the house and meet all the requirements to become Thane, it's more just a quick dialogue reassurance.

Ah what a relief.  I thought you need to re-buy Breezehome once Whiterun was captured.