unable to absorb dragon souls

habilon

for some reason the unofficial skyrim mod stops me from being able to absorb dragon souls, it seems to be ancient dragons that are affected ( have yet to kill any others since i tried this mod) i tried many ways to fix this and found that taking this mod out fixed the problem... not sure why.

the dragons that i killed are two random spawned ancient dragons in the town you go to after helgen (cannot remember name) and one at a dragon location that i had never been to before, safe with other characters.

this was not happening before i installed this mod, and stopped after i turned it off. the other unofficial mods are all installed, only this one seems to make the bug happen.

It's a mod conflict or you have old loose scripts in your scripts folder that are interupting the soul absorbtion process. Check in your Data\Scripts folder for dragonactorscript.pex and mqkilldragonscript.pex. If you see them, delete them.

Make sure you game is patched to the latest 1.9.32 and all your Unofficial Patches are up to date.

Post your load order.

i found files with those names, but .psc not .pex. Tried deleting them and playing the game, no change.

as for order i just uninstalled all them and took the collection and the order is:

skyrim

dawnguard

hearthfire

dragonborn

highres

played the game, things seem to be ok now. so the order of things fixed it......

love these mods, fixed so many problems i had, and i am happy this is resolved.

but why does the order they are loaded matter?

It matters because the USKP fixes the bug where a respawned dragon won't give you a soul, which cancels out the stuff Dragonborn needs to handle Miraak. So the UDBP has to combine fixes. That's why they need to be in the right order.

Slightly OT, as I don't have the dragon soul absorbtion problem, but I would like to ask for confirmation of the exact, recommended, load order when you have all 3 DLCs and all 4 U??Ps installed. As I see it there are 2 real possibilities, both appear logical (at least to me) hence the request for clarification.

Update      Update
USKP        Dawnguard
Dawnguard   Hearthfire
UDGP        Dragonborn
Hearthfire  USKP
UHFP        UDGP
Dragonborn  UHFP
UDBP        UDBP

Your second list. All esp files MUST load after esm files. Whether you manage it from the launcher, Wrye Bash, NMM, it must be sorted properly. BOSS will do that for you.

It matters because the USKP fixes the bug where a respawned dragon won't give you a soul, which cancels out the stuff Dragonborn needs to handle Miraak. So the UDBP has to combine fixes. That's why they need to be in the right order.

ok thanks for that info