Mods Made Obsolete by Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

It's because the vanilla game lists the gourd as an ingredient for Resist Frost, in a recipe.

The USKP corrects the recipe :

• RecipeResistFrost2 incorrectly lists fire salts and a gourd as ingredients. This should be frost salts for certain, and we've arbitrarily chosen silverside perch for the other. (Bug #12596)

There were two means to correct this inconsistency : to correct the recipe like USKP does, or to correct the gourd like this mod linked by Daventry does. ;)

It's because the vanilla game lists the gourd as an ingredient for Resist Frost, in a recipe.

The USKP corrects the recipe :

• RecipeResistFrost2 incorrectly lists fire salts and a gourd as ingredients. This should be frost salts for certain, and we've arbitrarily chosen silverside perch for the other. (Bug #12596)

There were two means to correct this inconsistency : to correct the recipe like USKP does, or to correct the gourd like this mod linked by Daventry does. ;)

Ah, I see. That would explain a few things there. Interesting, very interesting.

So Gourds are Ingredients

Just wondering, is Normal Salt suppose to be an Ingredient, or is that a Joice People made through a Mod

Can't really see any harm caused by turning the gourd into an ingredient, it shouldn't interfere with what we fixed.

Regular salt is most often found in cooking recipes, not alchemical formulas.

Yes, according to uesp salt is used in 15 of 18 cooking recipes.

In Alchemy it is very useful however, because it has the Slow effect and most of the other ingredients for this effect are pretty rare or require DLCs.

Can't really see any harm caused by turning the gourd into an ingredient, it shouldn't interfere with what we fixed.

Regular salt is most often found in cooking recipes, not alchemical formulas.

Actually it could interfere, because I know there are two types of Salt Pile in-game.  The first one are the most common while the other is rare and can only be found in Black-Briar Manor in Riften.

So if you type - help "Salt Pile" 4 - in the console you'll see two unique ID for Salt Pile not one as you would normally do for other common ingredients.

What do salt piles have to do with the gourd though? That's what I was referring to not interfering.

What do salt piles have to do with the gourd though? That's what I was referring to not interfering.

I made a mistake since I didn't remove the first line in the quoted post and I just wanted to share about what I know nothing else. :blush:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp

Static Mesh Improvement  Mod

Author himself states this is not needed with the USKP patch installed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix (http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/10652) - Loose script. Data\Scripts\MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.pex - DELETE THIS as it is blocking both the USKPand UHFP fixed version of this script.

I have asked before I thought I had asked this before, guess I did not. I'll ask it then for the first time.  Can this be removed from the obsolete list since it now includes the USKP/UHFP corrections and adds new functions.  If you do not wish to remove it from the obsolete list, can you please change what it says?

I'd prefer it to at least state the following:

Vanilla Mannequin Script Fix (http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/10652) - Loose script. Data\Scripts\MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.pex - DELETE any version below 2.2 as it blocks both the USKP and UHFP fixed versions. -- USE version 2.2 and above as it includes the USKP and UHFP fixed versions.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I found months ago two fix for script errores directly en nexusmods forums, but they not exits as mods itselfs

FXdustDrop Random script

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/732051-fxdustdroprandomscript-errors-fixed/

Loose file: fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.pex

critter scripts

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/981701-critter-script-bugfix/

Loose files included: Critter.pex,critterDragonFly.pex,critterFish.pex,critterMoth.pex,CritterSpawn.pex,FireFly.pex

These fixes are included in USKP and i can remove the files from my game or maybe should i keep them?

I found months ago two fix for script errores directly en nexusmods forums, but they not exits as mods itselfs

FXdustDrop Random script

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/732051-fxdustdroprandomscript-errors-fixed/

Loose file: fxDustDropRandomSCRIPT.pex

critter scripts

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/981701-critter-script-bugfix/

Loose files included: Critter.pex,critterDragonFly.pex,critterFish.pex,critterMoth.pex,CritterSpawn.pex,FireFly.pex

These fixes are included in USKP and i can remove the files from my game or maybe should i keep them?

Those scripts are done differently than what the USKP has.  Tho at one point there was some similarities.  Steve40 tries to include methods of correcting the problem in an existing game while the USKP focused on preventing the problems in a new game.  So the next time you start a new game you can safely remove the other variations and use those in the USKP.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi! just wondering - you say in a post or two that you added SMIM, but I don't see it in the list. did you forget to put it in or did you take it out for some reason? thanks!

Added:

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8655) - ONLY the ESP, StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp, has been made obsolete as of USKP 1.3.1. The rest of it should be kept.

As Arthmoor said, the esp from SMIM was considered as a bug fix. So, it is now useless as it is included in USKP (well, at least if there was no other modification in it since Apr 2013). However, if you are using SMIM for real, you still need its associated meshes and textures, of course.

SMIM has been updated several times since then. I'll have to recheck it, but chances are we'll need to pull it off the list since Brumbek has merged and pulled things apart a few times since last year :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Before I start, I did search for any referenced to this mod confusion before I posted it. But, it is possable that I missed it, if there is something about it in this forum. If there is, if you could leave a link to the post, that would be good from me. Thanks for the help.

There is an Unofficial High Resolution Patch --COMPATIBLE VERSION---9080-1-1-1 supplied and recommended with a mod on Nexus called Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized by Vano89

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9080/?

The author of the mod recommends that we use the Unofficial High Res patch he supplies on his download page instead of the standard one. I assume he is referring to the one that was available around 16 Feb 2013.

The last update for this mod was - "Last updated at 3:50, 16 Feb 2013" 

My questions are, Is this version obsolete? Should I use both the recent one and over right with his "COMPATIBLE VERSION"? Or, is his Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized obsolete also?

Just color me confused and thanks for the help.

ewookie1

aka Walt

Don't know about the mod, so i don't know what kind of optimizations this mod contains. But in short: use the current uhrp.

Several reasons make this the logical choise:

It is up to date and contains more fixes than a 2013 compatible.

Some optimizations have gone into the textures since 2013, and anyway, i don't see what should be considered unpotimized about them. (it actually contains several files that are just better compressed/optimized versions of the official high res textures) 

The uhrp does contain only a few textures anyway, even if they weren't optimized, it wouldn't matter much.

Yes, that older mod is obsoleted by the UHRP. Anything from 2013 claiming otherwise is incorrect as the UHRP had a major revision along the way that eliminated the need for the kinds of optimizations those people were doing.