Mods Made Obsolete by Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

I agree. It's not a missing facegen export as Hert and Hern, for example. You can try to make a plugin that disables all outfits for Olfrid and Vignar to check this. Go to Whiterun, look for 2 naked men and you'll see that their face tint matches their body tint. Their entire skin tint was intentionally designed 'as it is'. The 'nords should have pale faces' argument doesn't stand. IRL, some inuit, nepalese and siberian people have a very tanned skin... The sun (and other factors) can be extremely agressive, even in nord countries.

Looking at Oblivion's UOP, the general consensus was that it worked fine as an esp, any issues with major mods were treated as separate packages.

The many headed hydra of the USKP (or that's what it looks like to some), is they are still in teething phase. Fixes for many issues have been addressed by "devotees on the fringe", but the USKP behemoth lumbers on in pursuit of it's own trail of woes, and quite rightly so.

The fixes or "obsolete patches" have not been maintained, USKP have, to most intents and purposes initiated contact with them, but got no response, as they have gone to another game, another platform,... another life.

Detecting old, redundant, obsolete mods should always be in the domain of the mod managers. Unfortunately, Wrye Bash is slowly being supplanted by NMM,- MO, which is, at least, being maintained by a hard-working enthusiast. Wrye Bash can use code in wizards to detect old mods or files, AFAIK MO and NMM cannot. But this may change, and we eagerly await for favourable signs from Julianos and Zenithar for new directions in the near future.

A Bain wizard for the USKP for this purpose wouldn't be humongous, MO & NMM can simply get their hard code teeth into this, using the mod names for a redundant "masterlist"

Probably not such a bad idea.

It's a DLC bug, we have a ticket open for it already but there are considerations that need to be hashed out before we do something with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say yes and no. It does a few things outside the scope of USKP but many of the fixes overlap. I personally use it with it's companion mod Weapon and Armor fixes (The complete version). I highly recommend it to fix some major inconsistancies in the game

i dug in the weapon and armor fixes mod and uploaded the things that would qualify for USKP to the tracker. they made it into the 2.0 update, or the one before. for the new clothes mod i just had a quick glance. much more changes are outside the scope of USKP, and those that do qualify mostly are fixed already. but i didn't have the patience to check every single entry for fixes that we missed. it's just more work than for the weapon mod for less actual bugs to be revealed.

but if someone feels he wants to do this, i know there are a few things to be found inside, that we do not cover yet. it's definatelly not obsolete, but it also does not qualify as a bug fix mod the same way the USKP defines itself.

A mod that does something other than the usual behavior is not considered obsolete, just different. A mod should only be placed on this list if it's intended as a bug fix and we later implement a fix that does the same thing, or the author of the fix mod grants us permission to incorporate it.