Mods Made Obsolete by Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

Hello. I just registered here to report, that the mod "Possessive Corpses no more lazy zombies and shy nirnroots by Amgepo" http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4528//? is still needed, according to the mod author.

Quote:

magnum482

Boss says "Error: Delete. Already included in Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp"

So do we need this with USKP or not? Because Boss doesn't seem to think so.

posted @ 22:26, 23 Apr 2013

Reply:

angepo

Yes. unofficial patches didn't handle things like nirnroots or ash piles anymore and the official Skyrim's efficiency on this is open to debate. Anyway, even if the last ash pile fix in Skyrim 1.9 finally work this time, the very concept is wrong (the idea is to delete the ash piles only once you return to that cell after the spawn time has expired, those cells you didn't visit again will remain soiled and if you return earlier the time for the next respawns resets. This mod removes ash piles when you are far enough)."

Quote End

At least the main plugin+script and the nirnrootactivatorscript.pex is still of use in my opinion.

Note: The main plugin contains an edit that is not necessary (max arrow number) it's easy to remove with tes5edit.

from the discussion on the mods page and your post i gather two things:

the save file bloat is officially squashed. you may get a smaller save file, when deleting the references before you revisit a cell, but this is not actual bloating (in: save file increasing uncontrollably with no limits and bounds).

and: the mod in question has not been updated for the DLCs yes.

i don't know the inner workings, but this could mean two things: the DLCs clean up with the upgraded vanilla 1.9 settings (good), or the DLC don't clean up at all (really really bad: actual save file bloat in the DLC areas).

really, just abandon such old (seemingly abandoned by the author himself) mods. they do you no good.

this mod would decrease your save file's size by a few kB compared to the official and USKP solutions, but could potentially cause save file bloating if you use the DLC (DG is nearly a year old now. that's bad support by the author, and a forum post in april doesn't change that.)

Plus the functionality the mod is described as performing HAS been dealt with, regardless of what he's saying.

No, children can't be pickpocketed without someone modding the game to allow it.

• 2 weeks later...

This first Admin posting the mods made obsolete due to the USKP included Weapons and Armor Fixesd..

Complete Crafting Overhaul mod's description says the Weapons &Armor Fixes mod is a requirement, but is it if we have the USKP installed??

"Mods Made Obsolete by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch:
Weapons and Armor Fixes (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4719) - Weapons and Armor Fixes.esp"

I think someone has done an updated version of WAF that's not obsoleted. Perhaps CCO will work with that?

Thing is, both WAF and CCO were created before the CK was out. Even if they weren't obsoleted mods, they're not recommended to be used because they've simply never been updated using proper tools.

Thing is, both WAF and CCO were created before the CK was out. Even if they weren't obsoleted mods, they're not recommended to be used because they've simply never been updated using proper tools.

We do know by now what will happen if both these mods was edited with TESVsnip.

No, pray tell Leonardo, what will happen if both these mods are edited with TESVsnip?  I've only been using Boss, TES5Editer, & WryBash. I'm have no idea.

----------------------

Arthmoor, thank you. Then USKP incorporated some of the changes then. Good to know.

Any idea about this one: 

Does SkyRe mod install it's own version of the JaySuS mod (with SkyRe_Plugin_JaySuSSwords_1.3D.esp) so that I don't need to install Sharlikrans compatible version of Jaysus mod, because I see BOSS telling me that I should delete Sharlikrans after having earlier suggesting installing it :\

BOSS error was:

• JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Error: Delete. Already included in SkyRe_Plugin_JaySuSSwords_1.3D.esp.

Also, one last question because you must be very knowledgeable and it's not so often to have one like your's ear so to speak..   I've almost got a stable modded version now after 2.5 wks of non-stop learning, troubleshooting, and installations:

Do we merge mods with TES5Editor that are suggested to BASH by BOSS?      like this message:  Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}} 

speaking of BASH messages in BOSS what do I do with this one for Better Bows:

• HBetterBows.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Deactivate}}

Is HBetterBows also something that's been incorporated into either SkyRedone or USKP, probably not the later I suppose?

TESVSnip was the utility commonly used to create mods before the CK released. It corrupts most files it touches and unless I've missed something more recently, Sharlikran's version isn't available - which would be the ONLY one to have fixed the problems. You're almost certainly better off NOT using those mods at all if nobody has stepped up to replace them with working copies.

As far as SkyRe, I don't really know. I don't use the mod and probably never will because I'm not a big fan of hugely invasive overhauls that want to change so much of the game. Frankly I think Skyrim is hard enough for my tastes and only want a few more narrowly focused gameplay type mods. Your question about what to do with that SkyRe module is best asked in the SkyRe file comments on Nexus. They'd know how it was built, and were hopefully the ones that passed the info along to BOSS.

Stuff for Wrye Bash (Relev,Delev,Deactivate) you can almost just let Wrye Bash do on its own by building the bashed patch. It should pick the appropriate working tags and produce a mod file to fix them.

I don't know anything about HBetterBows, but it's probably not something suitable for the USKP.

Do we merge mods with TES5Editor that are suggested to BASH by BOSS?      like this message:  Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}} 

speaking of BASH messages in BOSS what do I do with this one for Better Bows:

• HBetterBows.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Deactivate}}

Is HBetterBows also something that's been incorporated into either SkyRedone or USKP, probably not the later I suppose?

The BASH tags recommended by BOSS are usually reliable, so this advice should be followed. Though, some of these mods have not been tagged by their authors, so make sure the tags are set: in the Mods tab of Wrye Bash, select the mod, then right click on the tags window (bottom right of the screen) and select the tags from the drop down menu.

Which version of HBetterBows are you using ? This mod doesn't modifiy any vanilla bows but adds a couple of entirely new bows (with new stats) to the game (thus, this mod is unlikely to be ever considered for including in the USKP). The original version just drops the new bows in a merchant chest and adds them to the crafting lists. Since I was never a friend of mods that add new items by just "dumping" them somewhere in the game world, I made my own plugin which distributes the new bows through leveled lists (this is fully balanced - unlike the JaySuS swords plugin which claims to be "balanced" but isn't) and this is available on the Nexus for download since a couple of months now. Since I do only provide a replacer for the esp file, I did not rename it and therefore, "HBetterBows.esp" can be either the original or my own plugin. The latter should not be tagged "Deactivate", but "Delev/Relev" instead.

How about including this into USKP?

It's said even on the mod's page "This mod was created to compliment USKP.". It includes some subjective "fixes" and as such it will not be included into the USKP.

Also, this thread is meant for reporting mods whose functionality is already implemented in one of the Unofficial Patches, not for suggesting mods to be included into the Unofficial Patches.

I think someone has done an updated version of WAF that's not obsoleted. Perhaps CCO will work with that?

They have, it's called weapons and armor fixes remade. The sam author is working on CCO remade as well.

what will happen if both these mods are edited with TESVsnip?

Take a look at these pictures in the spoilers in this post and you'll know what happen when you use mods that's edited by TESVsnip, because TESVsnip cannot handle compressed data properly.

Also, this thread is meant for reporting mods whose functionality is already implemented in one of the Unofficial Patches, not for suggesting mods to be included into the Unofficial Patches.

Is there somewhere available for people to suggest mods for inclusion? I know the USKP's original tracker had an entry for such a purpose but I have not been able to locate anything else like it and I myself recently found a mod that I think needs to be integrated.

you could use the bugtracker to report a bug. inside the report it is possible to post a link to a mod that already fixes the bug.

You can post in the appropriate patch's thread, or as Gruftlord says report a bug and suggest a mod to include (note that we can't include mods without permission from an author)