Mods Made Obsolete by Unofficial Patches

Arthmoor

This thread is not meant for offering suggestions on gameplay modifications. It's for keeping track of things that the unofficial patches have already addressed and will make obsolete. Please don't submit things which are not clearly addressed in our changelogs.

Looks like he restored something that was cut, but I'd wager it was cut for a good reason so it's not something we'd address.

BOSS will soon enough. I predict a response along the lines of "no, they don't fix this".

• 2 weeks later...

made the same mistake but this place is just to report mods already obselete post in the bug tracker for bugs to be fixed or also post in the USKP thread isince its the beta

Your save is contaminated then

That means a new game unless you want to play a *diseased* game.

This is my 10th New Game already and ive already figured out the Vanilla Homes Bugs, Dont download Mods that makes you Buy Hjerim and Breezehome before becoming Thane, thats when you really Bog up your Game.

A lot of old fix mods are still floating around out there. Many of which have been absorbed into the unofficial patches over time. Having these older fix mods can cause problems with the game if they are left in place. Especially those that installed loose scripts.

Below is the known list of mods we've been able to compile to date which are now obsolete and should be uninstalled from your game. Do not simply delete the ESPs, you must uninstall them through your mod manager to be sure ALL of the files that go with them are deleted as well.

If anyone knows of more fix mods that we haven't found that should be listed here, feel free to post and we'll add them to the main list.

Mods Made Obsolete by the Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Distant Decal Fix (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31982/) - Mesh fixes. Uninstall them through your mod manager.

The STEP team is curisous as to why this is made obsolete; however, 20 meshes are excluded from USKP. Our discussion on the matter starts here: http://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1854&pid=42303#pid42303

If you read through to the end, you'll notice we're also confused as to what you meant by the meshes are "broken" because looking at the meshes in both Nifskope and in-game they appear to be okay. The last post provides a couple screenshots of one of these excluded meshes.

Thanks in advance!

As I recall, there were problems with lighting interaction due to some of them having incorrectly applied decal settings. The conversation took place in our chat room though so the "Arthmoor says they're broken" statement has been taken TOTALLY out of context. The exact details weren't something I understand, all I can tell you is that the two folks on the team who initially looked at that mod both agreed that we needed to do the fix work ourselves because some of it was giving off odd results when they play tested it.

Probably something similar to why we had to later scrap some of the double sided texture settings for certain creatures. They ended up wrongly handling lighting they were exposed to, creating dark patches in their fur etc.

Thanks for clearing that up for us! We'll move forward and decide what do to with this mod. One last question though. Are the excluded meshes planned for USKP or is that work final for now?

Final, unless there's a specific case that needs attention. Then we'll look at it provided a tracker entry exists for it.

Possibly made obsolete, was adding it to BOSS and had a quick search of the USKP changelist to check but couldn't find anything. You probably have a better idea of if it has been fixed though :)

Esp is in the list and named: "Severin Manor Music.esp"