Skyrim Patch 1.9.32.0.8 Released

Leonardo

Reposted from BSF

From Bethesda Blog

Beginning today, Steam users can download the beta version of Skyrim 1.9 title update - featuring Legendary new features (see below) and new bug fixes. For console players out there, we're hoping to release 1.9 later this month -- we’ll keep you updated when we have specific dates.

With recent changes to Steam, you'll want to take the following steps to opt into the beta.

• Within your Steam Library, right click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
  • Select Properties
  • Select the Beta tab and opt in using the drop box

If you opt into the Beta, be sure to back up your saved games or simply be careful not to overwrite your existing saves. If you decide to opt out of the beta program, your old saves will still work with the current release of Skyrim on Steam (v 1.8).
So what's in the update? Check the changelog below...

Skyrim 1.9

NEW FEATURES

• Legendary difficulty setting
  • Legendary Skills - Skills of 100 can be made Legendary. This will reset the skill to 15, return its Perks and allow the skill to affect leveling again. This effectively removes the overall level cap.

BUG FIXES

• General memory and stability improvements
  • Fixed issue with quest scripts that were not shutting down properly
  • Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them
  • Fixed rare issue where player is unable to learn the Clear Skies shout during "The Throat of the World"
  • Fixed rare instance where Alduin would become invincible during "Alduin's Bane"
  • Fixed a rare issue where player could become stuck in Night Mother's coffin during "Death Incarnate"
  • Fixed rare issue where protected companions could be killed from poison damage
  • Fixed rare issue with certain ash piles left from resurrected NPCs not clearing properly
  • Fixed rare issue with NPCs and creatures respawning improperly after player fast travels
  • Fixed rare crash when entering Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
  • Fixed rare crash when entering a player owned home
  • Random dragon attacks will no longer occur during "Battle for Whiterun"
  • Fixed a rare crash when attempting to save your game during "Waking Nightmare"
  • Fixed issue where "Glory of the Undead" would not start properly if player is in combat with Eorlund Gray-Mane
  • The white phial is no longer consumed if given to a follower
  • If player marries Aela, the "Totem of Hircine" quest will be available
  • Unused briar hearts can be dropped after finishing "The White Phial"
  • Fixed issue with paying off a crime against the Companions that prevented player from getting Companions quests properly
  • Thieves Guild caches are now properly enabled in the appropriate cities
  • The Dragon Infusion perk now works properly when taking Esbern's Potion
  • Cragslane Cave properly resets if player receives a radiant quest to clear it out
  • Fixed rare issue with bounty quest objectives not properly clearing after completion
  • Gallus' Encoded Journal is no longer a quest item after completing the Thieves Guild
  • In "No Stone Unturned" Vex will now accept Unusual Gems if you've collected them all before starting the quest
  • Vekel the Man now gives rewards for completing "Toying with The Dead"
  • Fixed rare issue with being unable to turn in stolen items in "The Litany of Larceny"
  • Fixed issue with followers becoming over-encumbered after being repeatedly rehired
  • Fixed rare issue with visiting Kynesgrove on horseback not progressing "A Blade in the Dark" properly
  • Fixed issue with receiving a duplicate radiant quest from a Jarl
  • Fixed conflict with clearing Driftshade Sanctuary before starting "Trouble in Skyrim"
  • Fixed issue with using shouts while in jail and having guards unlock the jail cell
  • Fixed rare issue with quest NPCs not properly moving to quest locations
  • Fixed issue with NPCs not selling master level spells
  • Fixed rare issue where player gets control locked outside the Thalmor Embassy at the start of "Diplomatic Immunity"
  • Fixed rare issue with disappearing containers after upgrades in player owned house
  • Fixed issue with being erroneously attacked while as a werewolf during "Ill Met By Moonlight"
  • The Ebony Blade is now only improved by two handed perks
  • Locked door to Proudspire Manor can now be unlocked by proper key
  • Fixed issue with merchants not receiving the proper additional gold with the Investor perk
  • Fixed a rare issue where the player would be unable to learn a word after leaving for several days during "The Way of The Voice"
  • The Nord Hero Bow can now be improved
  • The Purity perk no longer requires the Experimenter perk
  • Fixed rare instance where Lovers Comfort would not be applied properly
  • If you approach Frostmere Crypt from the north, "The Pale Lady" will start properly
  • Fixed rare issue where player could be prevented from speaking with Atub to start "The Cursed Tribe"
  • Fixed rare issue where a dragon could appear in the Mind of a Madman realm and kill the player
  • Fixed instance where player could get stuck in Japhet's Folly
  • Fixed rare instances where Arngeir would not teach Worldwind Sprint
  • Fixed issue with "Ill Met By Moonlight" if Sinding dies before the quest starts
  • Gharol can now properly train up to level 75
  • Fixed conflict with visiting The Karthspire before starting "Alduin's Wall"
  • Reduced the instance of random dragon attacks after fast traveling post main quest
  • Recruited Blades now have appropriate dialogue while at Sky Haven Temple
  • Fixed rare issue where an incorrect dungeon could appear as a location during "Totems of Hircine"
  • Fixed rare instance in "Fetch me that Book" where books found before getting the quest would not be properly recognized
  • Fixed rare issue with traveling to Thalmor Embassy with companions during "Diplomatic Immunity"
  • Fixed issues with Matching Set perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
  • Fixed issues with Custom Fit perk not working properly with certain pieces of armor
  • Fixed issue with NPC dying in a bear trap blocking progress in "Time of My Need"
  • Fixed rare issue with swinging door becoming stuck and blocking an entrance in Volunruud
  • Imperial Light Armor can now be crafted
  • Fixed issue with "Vald's Debt" where Vald was not leveled properly
  • Fixed issue with Vilkas not giving proper greeting after completing "Battle for Whiterun"
  • Fixed issue with respawning actors that were raised by using the Ritual Stone power
  • Fixed issue with the Ancient Knowledge perk not calculating properly
  • The Palace of Kings now has patrolling guards on upper floors
  • Reduce percentage chance of getting a werewolf loading screen while player is a werewolf
  • Pantea's flute is no longer a quest item after completing "Pantea's Flute"
  • Placing an unread Oghma Infinium on a bookshelf in the player's house no longer allows the book to be reused again
  • Adjusted dialogue priority to improve chances of hearing more combat dialogue from certain NPC enemies
  • Fixed issue with falling damage on high difficulty levels
  • Fixed bad collision on certain clutter objects
  • Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

Once you've opted into the beta, let us know what you think in our beta discussion board. Initially, we recommend running using the update with no user-made mods installed, but the beta does provide you with an opportunity to test your creations before the update goes live for everyone.

Holy crap, well, we've got our work cut out for us on the USKP update then. Looks like there's going to be some reversions to do :P

Files downloaded by this update:

Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Update.bsa

Update.esm

Translate_ENGLISH.txt
Update_English.DLSTRINGS
Update_English.ILSTRINGS
Update_English.STRINGS

New Inside Update.bsa

interface\loadingmenu.swf

interface\tweenmenu.swf

meshes\effects\greybeardwords\fxgreybeardshoutvah.nif

meshes\interface\* (A whole new folder of stuff - interesting)

meshes\clutter\food\bread01b.nif

meshes\clutter\food\cookedslaughterfishsteak01.nif

meshes\clutter\food\grilledleeks01.nif

Updated in Update.bsa

interface\statsmenu.swf

Several updated animation files in the meshes\actors folder.

meshes\clutter\weaponrack\wrplaque01.nif

meshes\clutter\weaponrack\wrsingle01.nif

Will require a CK update at some point:

MASTERFILE: GameSetting 'sLegendaryResetConfirm' in file 'Update.esm' is not recognized by the current EXE.
MASTERFILE: GameSetting 'sLegendaryResetSecondConfirm' in file 'Update.esm' is not recognized by the current EXE.
MASTERFILE: GameSetting 'fDiffMultHPToPCL' in file 'Update.esm' is not recognized by the current EXE.

Minor enough though that one can continue working without it.

Holy crap, well, we've got our work cut out for us on the USKP update then. Looks like there's going to be some reversions to do :P

Are Bethesda spying on you?

First they release a game then you step in and fix most of their bugs, so they release a new patch and you need to cut out most of the fixes you have included. :X   Sounds like to me that Bethesda do have spies out there. :P

I asked over on the BS forum, heard nothing, am asking here. What do you need us to look at/test for this beta?

I understand we cannot yet look at Source, so it will just be the patches themselves. Please make a list of things to check, and I'm sure we can divide the work up.

Although this won't be complete, here's a quick hand comparison of explicitly mentoned matching fixes:

• Gallus's Encoded Journal
  • No Stone Unturned
  • Ebony Blade
  • Proudspire Manor key
  • Nord Hero Bow (68C57)
  • Purity (Alchemy) perk
  • Japhet's Folly
  • Gharol (Burguk's Longhouse)
  • Matching Set
  • Ancient Knowledge
  • courier (Bug #179)

All of that, and quite a few more things, I've already weeded out. I'm working on figuring out exactly which compiled scripts have been updated since the last time we got an update to the Skyrim Misc bsa file. That will have to be cross checked against what we have in the USKP.

It's probably going to be quite a bit, but not so much that it's going to take me more than the rest of today to get figured. Then it'll be a waiting game on the CK update so we can actually deal with it for anything we need to retain fixes for.

Here I was just starting to figure out what needs to be done, and it's already done. I bow to your speed, master!

Crosspost from official forums:

So, am I hallucinating, or does 1.9 break the Ancient Knowledge perk even more than it was broken already...?

Previously you would get a 15% bonus to your Smithing skill, and a 25% increase to your armor rating regardless of what armor you were actually wearing. It appears that, now, you will get a 15% bonus to your "tempering health" (this is the same thing that is doubled for corresponding armor and weapon types with each Smithing perk) regardless of crafting material, and a 25% increase to the armor rating of every piece of armor in the game, except Dwarven Armor. W.T.F.

I mean, I fixed this over a year ago (before the Creation Kit was released, in fact) and it's been in the patch for ages. How hard can it be to just copy it over?

At any rate I recommend someone confirm this and if I'm correct we just keep it as-is in the USKP. I can't say for sure until I see the updated script but looking at the new properties I'm pretty sure I know what they did and if so the current fix will overwrite it.

Or, maybe I'm hallucinating. I kind of hope I'm hallucinating.

Quick playtest confirms this. The rating on all my armor went up when I added the perk from the console, except for Dwarven which remained the same.

Cute. Are you sure though that what you're seeing isn't stacking against the USKP fix? The way the USKP fixed it was pretty much the same method they used - make a new perk and apply it.

Build 1.9.29.0.8 just came down the pike. No idea what it's fixed yet - hopefully the disease thing. Will be checking shortly.

Skyrim just updated the beta, 14 MB. Seems like the only thing that changed was the EXE, at least no other file has changed timestamp. I can't do a diff as I don't have backup of my beta testing folder.

Perhaps they need to adjust the patch a little for the upcoming CK update.

The exe update fixed the bug introduced by the 1.9 beta where some cured diseases would come back after reloading a save. There's also a beta for the CK 1.9 that you can opt into now.

Yep, disease bug is fixed. CK beta came down, and I'm weeding out the script changes that TES5Edit didn't have eyes on.

Cute. Are you sure though that what you're seeing isn't stacking against the USKP fix? The way the USKP fixed it was pretty much the same method they used - make a new perk and apply it.

But look at what the perk does. And anyway I confirmed it by going and adding that perk in the console, on a character who hadn't completed Unfathomable Depths. It's broken.

Quite the mess. We can't utilize what the USKP had before since that was acting on a perk we created. Bethesda made their own version, so our fix has to modify that one now.

I'm hoping they'll see the post in the beta forum, but it may get lost in the noise. I'd much rather they fix this one themselves especially now that it's going to generate a massive exploit in armor ratings.

generate a massive exploit in armor ratings.

Not much more than it did before, except in the case of Dwarven armors.

I tested The Pale Lady that's mentioned fixed in the Official Patch 1.9 notes and it's not working. It's still broken, just a bit differently. Hopefully Arthmoor's fix in the USKP will work :)

Quite the mess. We can't utilize what the USKP had before since that was acting on a perk we created. Bethesda made their own version, so our fix has to modify that one now.

I'm hoping they'll see the post in the beta forum, but it may get lost in the noise. I'd much rather they fix this one themselves especially now that it's going to generate a massive exploit in armor ratings.

Relax Arthmoor, it's worse than you think:

Not only is the perk completely broken, but the quest script fragment still contains (unless the CK beta is lying to me) the following bit:

Game.GetPlayer().Addspell(MS04Reward)
Game.GetPlayer().Addspell(MS04RewardNoDisplay,false)
Game.GetPlayer().ModAV("SmithingMod",15)

See the problem? They added the ModTemperingHealth effect to the new perk, but then they neglected to remove what it was supposed to replace, which was this hard-coded static increase to Smithing skill. So we will need to continue to have an edit to the script anyway. Although, I think we can avoid having to alter the properties on the script and thus the quest itself.

So this is what you now get when you complete Ancient Knowledge:

• All your armor except Dwarven Armor is permanently increased in rating by 25%.
  • Your smithing skill is increased by 15.
  • Your "tempering health" is increased by 15%. Combined with the previous item you have an effective increase to Smithing of 30, in most respects.

I can't believe someone got paid to do this.

I will make a new fix for this from scratch, upload it as an update to my existing fix on the Nexus, then you can grab it from there. I think the footprint will be: edit the script, edit the (Bethesda) perk. I'll leave it to you to implement backward compatibility within USKP.

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the script edit. That would have been pretty bad considering I took our clone of the perk out when Beth added theirs :P

Retro-fix is in place now too.

• 2 weeks later...

Patch 1.9 has gone live. Be aware that the CK beta has *NOT* unflagged itself to go live so that may still update later.

We've put up another beta update of 1.9 today on Steam (v 1.9.32). This update adds one new fix:

• Fixed issue with NPCs sleeping with open eyes

They've been busy.