Discovering The Causes (CTD)

Edg3

Hey all.

I'm new here but I thought where else could I come to find THE people to help me with some issues.

I play Skyrim religiously, have done since day one and only took a couple months break because I'd alot of college work piled up I had to clear away.

Anyway since I came back things have change a little and I'm getting used to all the new tools and junk, but I've run into some issues in the last few days. Something I havent had since those dark days at the start when Bethesda released broken coding, bad patches and made life a living hell, random CTD.

It happens now and then, in certain areas and while I often spend hours installing and uninstalling mods I find the whole process drives me up the wall. There has to be a way to troubleshoot out what causes these. Papyrus log only works if I'm coming into issues with scripts, these CTD are not, TES4Edit doesnt help either, all the mods come up (mostly) clean.

I used to have this issue with an ini tweak to clear the map of fog or something, but I long since disabled that, but it feels like its happening again.

Ive noticed the crashes in 3 locations so far, but its not confined to these areas. Random spots in The Rift near the Stormcloak Camp, Volunruud while entering and exiting the crypt and at the Shrine of Meridia. If I quick travel in the game just dies, ctd, clean, no error logs. I update my textures/mods not very often, usually every couple months when I see TPC (Texture Pack Combiner) has caught up and added something that makes a specific change, last time I did it was a couple days ago, but found, even after rolling back, I'm still hitting these issues, only common factor is the unrollbackable Unofficial Skyrim Patch, but even with it disabled, I get the exterior cell crashes. I'm not blaming the patch as from what I read of the changelog its made no specific changes to the areas I'm in, I actually blame Dragonborn specifically. Most of the Papyrus errors I get are from the DLC02 prefix. 

Anyway back to my main question, there has to be a way, easier then poking til I find the problem, to figure out meshes/texture issues. I have barely any external scripts installed (Enhanced Blood and Economics of Skyrim) as I learned a long time ago, these kill your game if they mess up. I found pulling out the dungeon texture pack specifically stopped some crashes but even when I tried putting each one in individually and reinacting the crash I could never find a conclusive conflict or reason, entire folder out game was fine, put it back in piece by piece, still get crashes, even when the last folder had been removed, so I'm guessing its another conflict elsewhere, but trying to narrow it down is insanity.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. While I can get around the crashes with commands sometimes it still drives me insane when I cant figure it out.

I found pulling out the dungeon texture pack specifically stopped some crashes but even when I tried putting each one in individually and reinacting the crash I could never find a conclusive conflict or reason, entire folder out game was fine, put it back in piece by piece, still get crashes, even when the last folder had been removed, so I'm guessing its another conflict elsewhere, but trying to narrow it down is insanity.

Are you using a lot of texture mods? HighRes? It could be that you're running out of VRam. Aside from the Load Order that Hana mentioned, you could post your PC specs too. 

And I hope you didn't save while having USKP deactivated (on a save with it as a master), then activated it back. 

It would also help if you mention if you had any mods on the save you get crashes on, that you previously uninstalled. 

Also, endlessly installing and uninstalling mods is not going to help with game stability.   

Are you using a lot of texture mods? HighRes? It could be that you're running out of VRam. Aside from the Load Order that Hana mentioned, you could post your PC specs too. 

And I hope you didn't save while having USKP deactivated (on a save with it as a master), then activated it back. 

It would also help if you mention if you had any mods on the save you get crashes on, that you previously uninstalled. 

Also, endlessly installing and uninstalling mods is not going to help with game stability.   

I dont think its Vram I've a 3gb Nvidia 580 and 16gb ddr3 ram and an I7 and 2 high speed SSD drives. I was a computer engineer til I lost my job so its all built to spec myself :)

I'm aware Skyrim doesnt work with x64 but I've had no issue with textures causing me to run out of Vram before.

Also no, god no, when I was testing I'd auto save turned off and was deactivating mods, going from point A to point Crash and seeing if the disabled mod caused the issue, then I'd exit and try another mod, etc etc, never saving. Texture Packs are 99% whats in the Texture Pack Combiner (latest version) and I also optimize the textures afterwards. Game worked fine, maybe 1 or 2 crashes in 60+hours of game play this time through but since I updated to the newest Skyrim Unofficial Patch (1.3.0) I get often crashes in exterior cells. I made a quick test today, disabled the Unofficial Patch, made a "clean save" and tried quick travelling to the Shrine of Meridia, no crashes happened (nearly every time I quick travel there I get a CTD on loading screen). I came across alot of issues during the Skyrim Civil War campaign, crashing when I get within reach of certain stormcloak camps, or NPCs not activating quest dialogue (Balgruuf remained flagged as busy and I couldnt complete the fight in Dragonsreach). He was also unflagged as essential and ended up being killed in the fray so he could not surrender (I dunno how long this has been an issue since I havent played the civil war quest line in over a year)

Load order is as follows:

by the way I had NMM open when I made this one I've since replaced SkyUI to where it should be. 

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Bethesda_Hi-Res_Optimized.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
RevampedExteriorFog.esp
BWS.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
Economics of Skyrim.esp
Economics of Skyrim - Dawnguard.esp
ClamsDropPearls.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
iHUD.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
backpackfrankdema.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
TheCallOfTheNorth.esp
SkaalHeavyArmor.esp
Insanity's Dragonbane.esp
Insanity's Kahvozein Fang.esp
Insanity's Pale Blade.esp
Insanity's Umbra Sword.esp
Pauldrons.esp
Red Bane Redone V1.esp
skyforgedShields.esp
TCOSS.esp
Unexpected Blades.esp
Vampiric Sword.esp
3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
HarvestOverhaulDawnguard.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreaturesDawnguardHearthfire.esp
CAMP.esp
FH_Plaguesword.esp
PumpingIron.esp
AchieveThat.esp
OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-1.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
Realistic crime report radius.esp
DisableAutoAim.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
Iridum Eyes RT.esp
moveitLWT.esp
getSnowy.esp
Purewaters.esp
PurewatersDG.esp
PurewatersDB.esp
SkyRealism - Unbalanced Perk Trees.esp
CAMP Users.esp
SkyUI.esp

I'm extremely careful with the mods I'm using, nearly all are hand picked for stability and because I trust them and have used them alot. I'm guessing its a conflict within a mod and the Unofficial Patch because a few have not been updated in a while (ie Economics of Skyrim).

There's no such thing as a "clean save" anymore. Period. Everything you've ever installed is probably locked away in your save file, whether you think it is or not.

That said, you seem to know how to handle mods, except I don't see a bashed patch in that load order. Is there some reason you're avoiding Wrye Bash? That's quite a few mods you have installed and almost guaranteed a few are changing leveled lists that can easily be merged to work together in a bashed patch.

I'll assume that you are using BOSS to manage that load order. I'll also assume you've updated to the recently updated SKSE? You also might want to get the Unofficial HiRes Patch.

The best way you can troubleshoot your issues is by starting a new character with no mods installed, not even the DLC's (try Arthmoors Live Another Life for this). First of all, make sure your Scripts folder is clean. There should be no loose files in there except what SKSE installs. Create a quick dummy character and once you're in an outside location use the console command tmm 1,1,1 to turn on all map markers and travel to those known areas where you've been CTD'ing. If things are starting to look good, save, exit and install the DLC's. Go back in game and test again. Then add the unofficial patches, test again, then add mods one at a time and test in between each. Give it a good test by traveling around to several places.

Yes, I'm sorry, it's a long tedius process to troubleshoot. If your crashes were specific it would be easier to narrow down but random crashes are difficult. My suspicion is conflicting scripts, but only you can test that.

Good luck.

There's no such thing as a "clean save" anymore. Period. Everything you've ever installed is probably locked away in your save file, whether you think it is or not.

That said, you seem to know how to handle mods, except I don't see a bashed patch in that load order. Is there some reason you're avoiding Wrye Bash? That's quite a few mods you have installed and almost guaranteed a few are changing leveled lists that can easily be merged to work together in a bashed patch.

I'll assume that you are using BOSS to manage that load order. I'll also assume you've updated to the recently updated SKSE? You also might want to get the Unofficial HiRes Patch.

The best way you can troubleshoot your issues is by starting a new character with no mods installed, not even the DLC's (try Arthmoors Live Another Life for this). First of all, make sure your Scripts folder is clean. There should be no loose files in there except what SKSE installs. Create a quick dummy character and once you're in an outside location use the console command tmm 1,1,1 to turn on all map markers and travel to those known areas where you've been CTD'ing. If things are starting to look good, save, exit and install the DLC's. Go back in game and test again. Then add the unofficial patches, test again, then add mods one at a time and test in between each. Give it a good test by traveling around to several places.

Yes, I'm sorry, it's a long tedius process to troubleshoot. If your crashes were specific it would be easier to narrow down but random crashes are difficult. My suspicion is conflicting scripts, but only you can test that.

Good luck.

Ah yeah the bash patch I do have one, but this is before I bash patched. the reason i didnt run it again was because theres several of those mods I have to manually move and replace everytime and it drives me nuts :)

Thanks for all the advice, its much appreciated.

I have the latest version of SKSE and I use BOSS anytime I make a change at all, then I re-bash and load. 

I know what you mean about clean saves, thats why I said "clean" save, its as clean as it can be, in other words, deactivated anything that doesnt have scripts in it, such as armor and weapon mods. Thats a great idea about testing though to be sure. Though right now I'm not getting any crashes in certain places. Earlier I could not exit my home in Windhelm but when I coc'd myself out it was fine. I managed to avoid further crashes by disabling the Skyrim Unofficial Patch, playing and saving the game, then reloading the Unofficial Patch and loading up the game, it seems to have calmed the issue down, for the most part, and my papyrus log is pretty much clean to (i know that means jackshit but no random scripts are floating around, well no more then usual).

As for long and tedious, I spent a week 2 weeks ago trying to get my game to stop crashing outside of Riverwood! An entire week of running through helgen, hitting the spot where you get attacked by the dogs and getting CTD, papyrus was clear, the game just died. I eventually tracked it down to one of two issues, Bandolier or Pilgrims Delight. And until this week, after the Unofficial Skyrim Patch update, the game ran 60hours with no CTD. After reading the changes I know that it did nothing that would warrant a CTD unless its a script conflict with another mod but right now I dont see it. I've spent 2 days trying to figure this out with little joy, though the game runs more smoothly, it often crashed when I approached any area that was changed dynamically due to the civil war mission.

I'm far from a veteran of modding but Ive been doing it since F3 and I know a little more then the average user but no where near as much as I'd like. I'm kicking myself for deleting 1.2.5 unofficial patch before being 100% sure everything was working ok, I'm actually getting it off a friend to see if it changes anything, I'll go back to a save with crashes and see if it effects it, but right now, its the only thing I can find that might be causing issues as its the only major update I made, Ive gone back a version of Vurts Flora Overhaul to one I was sure worked. Its weird, Ive never had this issue before, and dont get me wrong I'm not blaming the Unofficial Patch, I'm blaming myself for not being able to pinpoint the conflict.

What I have discovered with several tests is that if I load up a save before the crash I can predict where it will crash, but taking the unofficial patch off the load list, rebashing, then loading in, saving, exiting, and again loading I come up against no crashes. The problem with that is I cannot retest to see if it fixes old saves. However going back to the crash spot after re activating the Unofficial Patch does cause crashes.

This is an updated version, BOSS sorted, of my modlist, obviously before I rearranged it.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
SPIKE.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
RevampedExteriorFog.esp
BWS.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
Economics of Skyrim.esp
Economics of Skyrim - Dawnguard.esp
ClamsDropPearls.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
AetheriumSwordsnArmor.esp
backpackfrankdema.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Insanity's Dragonbane.esp
Insanity's Kahvozein Fang.esp
Insanity's Pale Blade.esp
Insanity's Umbra Sword.esp
Pauldrons.esp
Red Bane Redone V1.esp
skyforgedShields.esp
TCOSS.esp
Unexpected Blades.esp
Vampiric Sword.esp
3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
HarvestOverhaulDawnguard.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreaturesDawnguardHearthfire.esp
CAMP.esp
FH_Plaguesword.esp
PumpingIron.esp
AchieveThat.esp
OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-1.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp
Realistic crime report radius.esp
DisableAutoAim.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
Iridum Eyes RT.esp
moveitLWT.esp
getSnowy.esp
Purewaters.esp
PurewatersDG.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Bethesda_Hi-Res_Optimized.esp
TheCallOfTheNorth.esp
SkaalHeavyArmor.esp
CAMP Users.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
PurewatersDB.esp
SkyRealism - Unbalanced Perk Trees.esp

And this is my papyrus log when I go to the Stormcloak camp in the Rift from Windhelm, I come in from the farm with all the Nirnroot. Minute I hit the top of the hill, CTD.

[02/28/2013 - 07:52:40PM] Papyrus log opened (PC)
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:40PM] Update budget: 1.200000ms (Extra tasklet budget: 1.200000ms, Load screen budget: 500.000000ms)
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:40PM] Memory page: 128 (min) 512 (max) -589934592 (max total)
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:45PM] Cannot open store for class "dlc1scwispwallscript", missing file?
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:45PM] Cannot open store for class "DLC2BenthicLurkerFXSCRIPT", missing file?
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:45PM] Cannot open store for class "AetherialBoltScript", missing file?
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:45PM] Cannot open store for class "QF_fh_ps_quest_0103AE39", missing file?
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:45PM] Error: Unable to bind script QF_fh_ps_quest_0103AE39 to fh_ps_quest (3503AE39) because their base types do not match
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:46PM] Error: Unable to bind script DLC2WaterScript to  (0401AAD8) because their base types do not match
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:48PM] VM is freezing...
[02/28/2013 - 07:52:48PM] VM is frozen

I notice these mods and one of them was getting me a CTD in my game, so I stop using it and once I did that I had no more CTD's.  The other one haven't I heard of before but I think you could try to disable these.

Bethesda_Hi-Res_Optimized.esp (what does this mod do?)
Better Dynamic Snow.esp (this mod gave CTD in my game until I remove it)

I also agree with Hana, but it's required to do that if you want to fix your game.  Good luck! :)

I notice these mods and one of them was getting me a CTD in my game, so I stop using it and once I did that I had no more CTD's.  The other one haven't I heard of before but I think you could try to disable these.

Bethesda_Hi-Res_Optimized.esp (what does this mod do?)
Better Dynamic Snow.esp (this mod gave CTD in my game until I remove it)

I also agree with Hana, but it's required to do that if you want to fix your game.  Good luck! :)

Hey man, thanks for the reply.

Better Dynamic Snow I've been using since I started this playthrough (I was 48hours in before the CTD) so its not that.

Bethesda_Hi-Res_Optimized is a BSA version of the loose files, saves me having to overwrite them when I copy-paste in my own retextures, its harmless as the CTD started before i started using this and the only reason I use it now is because after 5 total clean installs (wiped everything and reinstalled the game and all mods) I found copy pasting in loose files was getting to be a real pain, coming from a hard drive to an SSD was taking way to long, so a BSA on an SSD installs nearly 1gb in 8 seconds.

Literally everything is fine til I install the Unofficial Patch. I'm going to go back a version tomorrow evening when I get a copy of it off a friend, and fingers crossed it helps. I just deleted over 20 hours of game play since I updated, though it could have been less since I just went back in saves til before the day the patch was released, I just dont remember when I installed it. If the same issue arises I'll do like I did last time this happened, and wipe the bloody game from my drive, but knowing I made it to 50hours before crashing started, level 40, and after exploring alot of the map with no CTD I know the old patch worked. I think I'm rambling now, so, fingers crossed :) I'm hoping the mod causing it will be updated soon, I dont know which one it is, but maybe thats all it needs.

Quick Note.

I used the Another Life Mod there now, loaded up, ran to the area in The Rift where I normally crash, with no issue, so, I decided to take Vurts off, along with SFO Expanded Diverse Trees, loaded in, no crash, teleported to another point, no crash. I feel so stupid. If this is it then it must be due to a conflict with the unofficial patch and that specific questline? Ive been using the same Vurts since I started the play through and had no issues but like I said, i hadnt done this mission. I wonder what changes it makes to that area! And shouldnt it overwrite it if its far enough down the load order?

This isn't the first time I've heard Vurts causing issues.

But, if you want an acurate account of what's doing what, load everything up in TES5Edit and start comparing records.

This isn't the first time I've heard Vurts causing issues.

But, if you want an acurate account of what's doing what, load everything up in TES5Edit and start comparing records.

I hate you for saying that, because I'm OCD about stuff like this and I will track it down. The fact that it was only ever exterior cell crashes does point to Vurts. But I'm gunna have to test it. The confusing part is that it only started happening with the lastest update of the Unofficial Patch. Now I know Vurt released an update but seeing as its not part of the texture pack combiner yet I dont want to use it, it overwrites and makes trees look weird, so cleared out my install folder and reinstalled everything, minus Vurts. Time to test on my cashing save game. Least if it was this, I only loose 40 minutes of gameplay.

Wait, so these out of nowhere crashes are partly Vurt's fault? That would totally suck since I'm using that too on my main game.

I don't have a huge problem with crashing left and right, but it does happen more often than I'd like, and a lot of what Vurt has done is too awesome to remove now.

Wait, so these out of nowhere crashes are partly Vurt's fault? That would totally suck since I'm using that too on my main game.

I don't have a huge problem with crashing left and right, but it does happen more often than I'd like, and a lot of what Vurt has done is too awesome to remove now.

I'm not 100% sure yet, I literally just finished my reinstall minus vurts. I'm going to load up where I know always crashes and try it now. The version of Vurts I was using was the last supported by Texture Pack Combiner which was 1.76b, it hasnt been updated since and Vurts is knocking out update after update lately so its hard to keep track, especially if you use TPC.

I had no CTD (well 1 or 2) before the 1.3.0 patch so obviously it conflicts with something in that version of Vurts.

After testing all my crash points from a crash prone save I found zero crashes since I removed Vurts.

I know you just said you mostly fixed the crash, but this couldn't hurt:

In your opening post you said that TES5Edit (you are using 5 not 4 yes?  :P  ) shows the mods as "mostly" clean. Which means some aren't, yes? Have you tried cleaning them (it makes a back-up, so you're safe) and testing? 

It's not useless, even if you fixed your crashes, and it might help with problems along the way.

Another thing. You mentioned the fog .ini tweak. Do you have other .ini tweaks done? uGrids tweaking?

Also, I see you mention re-arranging some mods by hand. Are these un-recognized mods? Or even mods you want to load differently?

If so you can use BOSS Userlist Manager or the BOSS GUI to eliminate the tedious manual re-arrangement. 

I know you just said you mostly fixed the crash, but this couldn't hurt:

In your opening post you said that TES5Edit (you are using 5 not 4 yes?  :P  ) shows the mods as "mostly" clean. Which means some aren't, yes? Have you tried cleaning them (it makes a back-up, so you're safe) and testing? 

It's not useless, even if you fixed your crashes, and it might help with problems along the way.

Another thing. You mentioned the fog .ini tweak. Do you have other .ini tweaks done? uGrids tweaking?

Also, I see you mention re-arranging some mods by hand. Are these un-recognized mods? Or even mods you want to load differently?

If so you can use BOSS Userlist Manager or the BOSS GUI to eliminate the tedious manual re-arrangement. 

For the most part its mods that are unrecognized, but theres a couple I need to run at the bottom for them to run (disable auto aim and proper aim). I never looked into doing that but I will now, drives me nuts having to do it every time I install one mod.

TES5Edit (sorry if I said 4) its showing them all as clean now, the only one that ever gave me a bad report was better sorting, but I removed that long before I started this playthrough. I have no idea how to actually clean them BUT I am going to look into it soon as I get the last of my college assignments out of the way after this weekend (fingers crossed).

I have a tweaked ini

"uExterior Cell Buffer=64
uGridsToLoad=7"

Is what I'm using right now. The rest are literally just a couple of minor changes to the shadows to make them less ugly, the FOV change and a camera one to give a better 3rd person position (over the shoulder) but Ive been using this same ini file for a long time, I often delete it, if I feel the ini needs an update, then reinsert the tweaks after. 

I played the game this evening for about 2 hours with no CTD other then once when leaving Solitude through the side entrance but when I loaded back in it worked fine. The only downside to all this is that most of my plant life looks like ass now :) so I'm gunna grab Vurts again and pull out the replacer files, leaving his additional stuff alone. I really wish he hadnt started adding so much or at least make a simple replacer and then a mod that adds all his extra stuff. 

Tes5Edit mod cleaning is not hard at all, and you have both written and video tutorials linked in the description of the mod. 

Ehh..the grids tweak. I personally never done it myself. Vanilla is 5, yes? So 7 is the next step. But you should know that we have seen numerous reports of instability (crashes, freezes) with modified uGrids, particularly after Dragonborn. 

I know you said you have a powerful PC, but you never know.

Switching back the uGrids is not going to work on your current save, unless you do some steps to revert the thing. Link to the GeForce tweaks page. - I don't know if this works though, as I said, I never tried tweaking the uGrids. 

If you are really, really set on getting to the bottom of things - you can try reverting your .ini's to the default and then start a new game and add in mods as you go (like Hana mentioned).

You can try and see if the default uGrids work fine with Vurts. 

Ah, uGrids = 7. That's probably the largest contributor to your problems. Piling graphically intense stuff on top of that never works out well. Plus, as Lorelai has indicated, Dragonborn doesn't like it at all. Solstheim more or less falls apart because of it.

You're going to need to look into reversing that back to 5 and sticking with it. You'll find that in doing so your game will also run smoother and be more stable.

I've yet to even set foot in Solstheim though. Everything happening is happening in Vanilla (though Dragonborn is loaded). 

If i find it continues to fail I'll reset my uGrid, I know how to go about it, simple enough.

I'll poke around with TES5Edit for sure, try and sort out what the issue is. My friends using a newer version of Vurts with no issues so it might have just need something conflicting with Vurts and Unofficial Patch 1.3.0.

Still getting some irritating CTD now that Im doing the civil war quest line. So killed me to do it but deleted 20hours of progress back to the 22nd of Feb (pre 1.3.0 release) and loaded up 1.2.5, ran the civil war campaign right off and it worked with no issues. All my mods are up to date, my game is to, I dropped uGrid back down to 5 and tested with 1.3.0. I really dont understand it and TES5Edit is showing no conflicts at all. 

• 1 year later...

This is a report on your currently active/merged mods.

Mergeable

Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.

•  FullBootForKKSA.esp

•  Immersive Levelling - DB.esp

•  moveit.esp

•  NordicSkaalHeavyFalmerWeightFix.esp

Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit

Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.

•  Babette.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Dawnguard.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Dragonborn.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Duel - Combat Realism.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  HearthFires.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  hobbithouse.esp: UDR(4)

•  Hobbits1.2.2!.esp: UDR(1)

•  Riverwood Redeveloped.esp: UDR(9)

•  SignTown_by_YURIL.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  SoS - The Wilds.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  The Secret Room of Breezehome (En).esp: UDR(1)

•  TheEyesOfBeauty.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  ulfgar.esp: UDR(2)

•  Underwater_Treasure.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  Update.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

•  vikinghouse.esp: UDR(1) 

my skyrim ctds alomost everywhere!this is after i've used wrye bash!what do i do next?

The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.

• Riverwood Redeveloped.esp Active Checksum: 4FA419A6
  • Heavenly She-wolf Skyrim.esp Active Checksum: 14409A0E
  • thevivik-03.esp Active Checksum: CEAF8C14
  • ScarletDawnArmor.esp Active Checksum: 956EB846
  • BerserkersRace.esp Active Checksum: E57D2D1C
  • Hobbits1.2.2!.esp Active Checksum: 45BBE828
  • chfshPlayerVoicesets.esp Active Checksum: C8FB13EF
  • Dark Fantasy Edition.esp Version 1.0 Active Checksum: BB5ACB5A
  • DragonboneBarbarianArmor.esp Active Checksum: 372D3372
  • Skyrim Realistic Archery.esp Active Checksum: 30F941B1
  • Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Fort Dawnguard Overhaul.esp Active Checksum: 1CAB3514
  • Better Eagle Eye Redux.esp Active Checksum: 9D992533
  • CrimsonTwilightArmor.esp Active Checksum: 7EEA401C
  • DGBrotherhood.esp Active Checksum: C94CD2FD
  • EliRedguardHouse.esp Active Checksum: 381236D
  • NameYourHorse.esp Active Checksum: C7A97BDC
  • HOP - Horses On Patrol - Dawnguard.esp Active Checksum: 37384050
  • SuperbSerana.esp Active Checksum: 1626E0F3
  • Sotteta Necromancer Outfit.esp Active Checksum: D6C6ACB4
  • The Huntsman.esp Version 1.2 Active Checksum: 1FEBA9B
  • ESO Breton Knight by NewrMind43.esp Active Checksum: 84624FB3
  • Farm Animals_HF.esp Active Checksum: 6190C05E
  • RosaFollower.esp Active Checksum: 7C83A22
  • Dragonslayerarrows.esp Active Checksum: 8300000B
  • Brevi_MoonlightTalesEssentials.esp Active Checksum: F17975C5
  • Travel Attire.esp Active Checksum: 43ABC547
  • RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp Active Checksum: 15ADD7CD
  • Real Feeding.esp Active Checksum: 995ED26B
  • ulfgar.esp Active Checksum: 5436F423
  • SimpleTaxes.esp Active Checksum: 66A03359
  • AncientTonguesSword.esp Active Checksum: 79573950
  • AncientTonguesGreatSword.esp Active Checksum: FD7EE317
  • GrandBathHouseArena.esp Active Checksum: A58C3F62
  • WinterstoneCastle.esp Active Checksum: B30B4ABE
  • aaTJMule.esp Active Checksum: EED6947B
  • KratosGOW3.esp Checksum: 244286EB
  • Hjaalmarch Redux - Ruins & Treeless Morthal.esp Active Checksum: 612409C9
  • Immersive Levelling.esp Active Checksum: 641FB693
  • Immersive Levelling - DG.esp Active Checksum: 4844D67
  • Immersive Levelling - DB.esp Active Checksum: 71B911EA
  • SA_SensitiveAiming.esp Active Checksum: FCA48BC2
  • WetandCold - Holidays.esp Version 1.07 Active Checksum: F70E0F15
  • valkyrja.esp Active Checksum: 18560CEB
  • The Thegn.esp Version 1.0 Active Checksum: 7A4B60EF
  • The Stamford.esp Version 1.0 Active Checksum: EB8DBDFA
  • Terra.esp Active Checksum: F33A1C25
  • Brug Hild - Nordic Short Sword Skyrim.esp Active Checksum: 987ADA43
  • KWNordicKukri-0.91.esp Active Checksum: 597E0C32
  • CH Short Whistle Patch.esp Active Checksum: 6054B1E7
  • foalsofskyrimvanilla.esp Active Checksum: 26F72517
  • Mord Sith Cara.esp Active Checksum: 5AA58D5A
  • NewmillerDarkVampKnight.esp Active Checksum: 5CB7519D
  • Hedge Mage Armor - No Camp.esp Active Checksum: 718800AE
  • Hedge Mage Armor - Craftable Module.esp Active Checksum: 3A4FD655
  • Gingar The Great.esp Checksum: CF8D4BB4
  • Realistic Lighting Overhaul - DNCL Plugin.esp Active Checksum: B8B6CCD0
  • LadyGrey.esp Active Checksum: 5C082DF9

im new to modding so i need a lot of help here

Heya wulfric, I put together a guide to try and help make the modding process a little more straightforward, (it can be pretty confusing in the beginning).

I've uploaded a PDF version here, (you may need to create an account to download the guide). After giving it a quick read through, let me know if you have any remaining questions.

Heya wulfric, I put together a guide to try and help make the modding process a little more straightforward, (it can be pretty confusing in the beginning).

I've uploaded a PDF version here, (you may need to create an account to download the guide). After giving it a quick read through, let me know if you have any remaining questions.

If the file size is less than 2 Mb then it isn't necessary to register on Nexus.