[BUG REPORT Skyrim:Dragonborn] Skaal village, black book

Mietitore56

I found a bug (in original dragoborn Dlc) in which you could fix it, please.

[bUG] [The Gardener of Men: The Secrets of the Skaal]
[in the "skaal" village, when I give the book to the shaman he speaks with her daughter and going to the center of the village but he not read the black book and remains locked them in the middle without any that. ]

thanks, and sorry for my bad english

If you have any animation mods (like FNIS) it is conflicting with Dragonborn. You'll have to remove any custom skeleton.nifs from the character folder.

What we need is a list of conflicting mods posted here.  If an issue can be reproduced, investigated and still conflict with USKP or any of other patches then add the conflicting mod to that list plus a note about the cause.

Of course we don't know for sure if the OP have FNIS installed or not.

I installed "FNISS" after  know  how to fix a bug, but this bug made ​​me even before installing it. I have no other mods except the original file and the unofficial patch dragoborn

There has to be something though, because the bug you're describing is definitely not in the DLC itself. I don't know what files specifically cover that part of the quest but it's definitely going to be an animation file conflict.

I do not know, I also tried to reinstall skyrim, but nothing.

I read on the official forum that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Something is conflicting. When you re-installed did you delete your Data folder? There could be files or old scripts in there that you are not aware of.

If you are running a vanilla install as you say, in your Skyrim\Data folder there should only be Skyrim.esm, all the Skyrim bsa's, Update.esm, Update.bsa, Dragonborn.esm, Dragonborn.bsa.

You should also have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp + bsa, and the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp + bsa.

You should not have any Skyrim\Data\Meshes folder lying around.

If you have more mods than this, even body mods or hi-res texture packs, please let us know. We need any information you can provide to help you.

Yes it's important to find out what exactly you have installed when you notice this issue, and since Hana already pointed out that FNIS is conflicting with Dragonborn then hence my question about pluginless body replacers.

The reason I ask is because of the idle anim mods that's out there and some of them might required FNIS and there you have a confirmed conflict.

yes, I deleted the entire folder of skyrim when I uninstalled it. 

My list of mod is:

Dawnguard.bsa

Dawnguard.esm

Dragonborn.bsa

Dragonborn.esm

FNISspells.esp

HearthFires.esp

HearthFires.bsa

HighResTexturePack01.bsa

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.bsa

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePackFix.esp

HighResTexturePackFix.bsa

Skyrim - Animations.bsa

Skyrim - Interface.bsa

Skyrim - Meshes.bsa

Skyrim - Misc.bsa

Skyrim - Shaders.bsa

Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Skyrim - Textures.bsa

Skyrim - Voices.bsa

Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

Skyrim.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.bsa

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.bsl

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Update.bsa

Update.esm

in this order.

The FNISspells.esp might be the culprit, so remove it just to see what happens. :smile:

I do not think that, because I did it before they installed it.

but I will try

[uPDATE]

Not work, and  all animation is blocked!

I'm pretty sure the FNIS mods have some means to regenerate the files or something. That's probably what you need to do for that.

I'm also pretty sure that mod has been updated, so make sure you're doing the regen using the latest version of it.

I do not think that, because I did it before they installed it.

but I will try

[uPDATE]

Not work, and  all animation is blocked!

Sorry I forgot to mention, but you also need to remove any script that's tied to the FNISspell.esp when you deactivate it plus any animations files too and save it after everything is removed.

I tried, but not working.

I also tried to eliminate any mods, and to save, but does not work.

indeed, the bug above is ressurence without the "FSIN".

I think you're missing something so I search for "FNIS" on Nexus and found this mod with a little information about FNISspell.  Do you have this text file on your HDD?

Data/meshes/actors/character/animations/FNISSpells/FNIS_Animations.txt.

If you have it then post its content here.   I also wonder how you install the mod that has the FNISspell.esp plugin.  Is it Steam or is it Nexus with NMM (Nexus Mod Manager) or without NMM?