I find it annoying when I read the issues in the bug tracker

Leonardo

What the title says.  If you look at this issue and there you see a floated box hovering above the text and sometimes it annoys me a lot like this issue.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/11995-some-books-float-when-placed-on-shelves/

Is it possible to correct this or do we have to live with it. :smile:

If you mean the Issue Timeline floating box, yes, we're hoping to get that corrected by the developer of TracDown. It annoys me too. :)

It doesn't float over any text for me though? It sits off to the right side over nothing.

Yeah I mean the Issue Timeline floating box.

Funny isn't it here we read about issues then a floating box cut off some of the text, so that a least I can't make some sense of what I just read. :tongue:

@Lenardo: Maybe a screen shot would help elucidate the issue?

@Hana: Gratz on the status upgrade, Hana! :thumbsup: I'm not sure what the UP Project actually is, but your little green pill clearly has grown. ;)

I was tired when I posted this so that's why I didn't include a picture.  It seems to me that we members are not allow to upload pictures into a post in this forum.  Could we have the same permission you have on DC please?

I was tired when I posted this so that's why I didn't include a picture.  It seems to me that we members are not allow to upload pictures into a post in this forum.  Could we have the same permission you have on DC please?

Wait, we're not? :ohmy: When I go into the post editor I've got a "My Media" button that appears to let me attach images from my gallery, don't you? (Not that I happen to have any images in my gallery currently, or any other form of media in any of the categories it lists.. so I can't test it personally, but...) :confused:

Thanks Arthmoor. :bow:

Alright here is the picture I took on the bug tracker.  I think anyone here know what I mean by looking at the picture.

post-447-0-44013100-1360807399_thumb.jpg

That was not what I meant.  What I mean was to upload a picture as an attachment in a post.

Um, that's what I was talking about. When you reply to a post the editor has a "My Media" button that you use to attach your picture to the post you're making. What'd you think I was talking about?

I guess there's also a picture of a picture that you can use to insert a url for a picture to your post, and you could always also try inserting it via bbcodes, but ultimately, each of those methods really should produce the same result, no?

Um, that's what I was talking about. When you reply to a post the editor has a "My Media" button that you use to attach your picture to the post you're making. What'd you think I was talking about?

I guess there's also a picture of a picture that you can use to insert a url for a picture to your post, and you could always also try inserting it via bbcodes, but ultimately, each of those methods really should produce the same result, no?

Perhaps I misunderstood you a little.  Sorry about that.

Well sometimes you get the same result but sometimes you don't, because some sources might not being able to resize a picture you have linked to.

I suppose that's true enough, though I wouldn't really think that whether the picture was re-sizable or not would change how the picture displays whether you bring it into the post via the My Media button the Image button or using direct bbcodes, though maybe the Image button and bbcode actually insert the picture while the My Media button attaches it as a download? I'll bet Arthmoor might know.

Okay you have to admit though a picture as an attachment in a post is a lot easier then to fiddle with your gallery here.  First upload a picture then copy the link and include the link into your post.

Having never tried either approach yet, I have to admit no such thing, particularly since I'm not so sure I qualify as staff or anything any more than you do. ;)

On the other hand, I will admit that I am more likely to provide a link to a picture for a post than to actually upload a picture to the gallery for use in a post here, but mainly because I don't play Skyrim and this forum has heavily shifted its focus from Oblivion to Skyrim. :shrug:

I see.  Well we all have our own procedures and that's fine by me.

How about switching from Skyrim to Oblivion and from there to Morrowind.  Do you feel better doing that? :P

I'm sure Arthmoor and Dwip would have no trouble keeping pace with you on that one, I've only played Oblivion and I mentioned it because when this forum started initially, it was all about Oblivion and mods for it. :shrug:

In any event, in the name of self-moderation, I think we've gone quite a bit off-topic at this point, and having not actually tried out the gallery myself here or at DC, I'll simply concede that perhaps including a link is likely to be easier, or at least faster, than uploading an image to the gallery, fiddling with it in whatever ways the gallery offers, and then returning to a given thread to make a post that will include that picture. On the other hand, I would honestly think that, if we're talking about a screen shot, unless you're running your own web server, in order to provide a link to the picture you'd still have to upload it to a gallery of some form somewhere internet accessible and do whatever fiddling you were going to before you could provide the link if you're not using the local gallery too. Either way, as regards the specific issue you've reported, all I can say is that it sounds like this is something Hana and Arthmoor already knew about, if not the extent of the hampering it was causing, and are working on trying to figure out how to resolve. Hopefully they will have some measure of success at it shortly.