Dragonborn(?) - Erik the Slayer isn't

Phoenixguy7

After purchasing Dragonborn, I started a new game. I've previously visited Rorikstead and arranged to have Erik's father purchase some armor. I returned several days later to recruit Erik for the Blades, but he's not in armor, his name isn't "Erik the Slayer", and he won't enter the follower dialog with me.

I tried disabling all my mods (and Dragonborn), however this appears to be permanent. I ran all the mods I've added since picking up Dragonborn through TESEdit and found no conflicts. Could someone please confirm whether or not this is DB-related?

Thanks!

What TES5Edit version are you using.  Is it 3.0.26 or is it 3.0.28?

Have you updated your mods if you're using mods and I think it would be better if you post your loadorder so anyone of us can examine it.  Here is the latest UDBP and in the same forum is there a couple of pinned threads that wouldn't hurt to read.

It's 3.0.26 and I have UDBP. I'm simply asking if anyone can confirm if they are seeing this as well. 99% of my mods are custom, so my load order isn't going to help you (BOSS does a nice job with the public mods). I can tell you that it happens with all mods disabled and only occurred since I installed DB. 

Oh, and I look at the forum daily, so did you have a specific thread in mind?

I suggest that you update TES5Edit to 3.0.28 and I updated TES5Edit my self a few days ago.

If you think a loadorder doesn't help me or the others then you need to change your opinion about the importance of a loadorder, because sometimes other people who have tried a mod can provide some information about any issues that might be or anyone can advice you for example... "Don't use those mods together because they're known to be incompatible with each other" ...comment.  In most cases comments like that often help an user to solve their issues. :smile:

I didn't say that load order didn't matter, I said posting mine wouldn't help you. I have a handful of mods (mostly the unofficial patches) that are public, which are managed by BOSS. The rest are mods that I've made. I don't have the time or inclination to tell you what each of them are or what they do (especially since they are predominately face edits and reward tweaks).

Again, I posted to ask if anyone else was seeing this as well.

If you haven't got the time or are not in the mood to post your loadorder, then why did you post your issue here anyway.

And I guess no answer means they haven't?

Also, it's pretty standard practice in the modding communities to provide a load order. Someone is bound to notice something that could be helpful, even if the issue you're asking about isn't something they've seen.

Yeah, I would assume.

And I'm aware it's standard practice. My load order is the unofficial patches & IMCN (managed by BOSS) and then a couple dozen face mods and reward tweaks that are mine. The next thing I'm going to hear is "what do all those mods do?", followed by, "well, since they are yours, we can't help you". 

In the mean time, Leonardo gets +6 to his post count while putting words into my mouth. So, since I've not heard anything, feel free to lock the thread. Maybe someone else will post the same issue and then someone will look.

If you're aware of the standard practice that exist in our community then don't expect help from anyone as long you behave like this.

Also I didn't meant to put words in your mouth, because all I wanted to do is give some advice of how things is around here.  Obviously I was completely mistaken about you since I thought you didn't know such things like posting your loadorder. :smile:

Why wouldn't you expect to be asked what your unlisted personal mods do? Mods can have impact beyond what they're intended, sometimes without our knowledge. It could be something as simple as a dirty edit in a mod that shouldn't be touching what you're after.

Getting hostile when asked for the information doesn't help you solve the problem. I'm pretty sure Leonardo doesn't care about running up his post count. :)

After purchasing Dragonborn, I started a new game. I've previously visited Rorikstead and arranged to have Erik's father purchase some armor. I returned several days later to recruit Erik for the Blades, but he's not in armor, his name isn't "Erik the Slayer", and he won't enter the follower dialog with me.

I tried disabling all my mods (and Dragonborn), however this appears to be permanent. I ran all the mods I've added since picking up Dragonborn through TESEdit and found no conflicts. Could someone please confirm whether or not this is DB-related?

Thanks!

Sorry Phoenixguy7, I can confirm this is not DB related.

I started a new character, went to Rorikstead, followed through Erik's little quest line and paid his father. I left the area, went to Dragons Bridge to have a few ales with Shady Sam, waited there for 5 days. When I returned to Rorikstead Erik was in his armor and begging me to take him on adventures.

This is on a very small load order;

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Ars Metallica.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

Rainbows.esp

ShootingStars.esp

Wickwood.esp

MyNewArmor.esp

HanasStuff.esp

HanasSkeletonStaff.esp

Draugr Maiden Armor.esp

forsworntest.esp

Wolf Bay.esp

ImprovedFireyFireSalts.esp

So something else is interfering with your game. It's usually not enough to just disable mods, as loose files like modified vanilla scripts can still be used. You'll need to do some more troubleshooting like verify your cache or temporarily move everything in your Data folder out of Skyrim's directory to get a true sense of vanilla testing.

Sorry Phoenixguy7, I can confirm this is not DB related.

So something else is interfering with your game. It's usually not enough to just disable mods, as loose files like modified vanilla scripts can still be used. You'll need to do some more troubleshooting like verify your cache or temporarily move everything in your Data folder out of Skyrim's directory to get a true sense of vanilla testing.

Thanks for looking and letting me know. I suspected that the latter part of your post would be the case, but didn't want to send myself on a wild goose chase if it was something that someone else could confirm. I appreciate you checking :)