Massive Oops - But Mostly Fixed

Arthmoor

So yeah. We had an accident. A 3 day old backup saved it from being a disaster though.

Regrettably, that means if you registered within the last 3 days, you get to do that again.

If you posted something in the forums, on a status page, uploaded a file, filed a bug, used the shiny new gallery I spent a long time on yesterday, it's all gone. Sorry. I guess shit happens, and it was my turn for it to happen on.

In light of this, I've set the database backups to run EVERY night now, instead of once a week.

*Slinks off to rebuild the entire gallery all over again.*

I notice a least one post was gone and had between 40-50 posts in total, but I was surprised to see I had over 90 posts.  Are am I completely mistaken about this?

Nope. Part of the reason this happened is because I was importing another block of posts from the old patch forums. Only didn't notice the ever so uncool "drop tables" stuff that was in there after I exported what I pieced together from it.

So once it was all back in place and I ran the recount procedure, which I guess I forgot to do before if your post count went up that much.

Nope. Part of the reason this happened is because I was importing another block of posts from the old patch forums. Only didn't notice the ever so uncool "drop tables" stuff that was in there after I exported what I pieced together from it.

So once it was all back in place and I ran the recount procedure, which I guess I forgot to do before if your post count went up that much.

That explains it why I was a little confused. Thanks Arthmoor. :smile:

• 1 month later...