[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Arthmoor

yes and at the same time no.

you see, the dragonborn dlc itself already overwrites the dawnguard changes. so UDBP doesn't make it any worse.

these 6 perks are currently the only resason (i know of) that would require a unofficial legendary edition patch.

thinking about it, i might release a merged version of those entries on the nexus, if nobody minds. steering away from the "unofficial" tag though :D

isnt the legendary edition just the dlcs bundled after install i assumed it was the same

yes it is. what i meant is this: for people who have all the dlc, there is need for a unified patch that contains these 6 perk entries. the patch would contain entries to those perks from DG, DB, the udgp and udbp. the name "unofficial legendary edition patch" springs to mind.

yes it is. what i meant is this: for people who have all the dlc, there is need for a unified patch that contains these 6 perk entries.

What exactly are these *extra* perks entries and what does they do?

I know you miss a perk point for Smithing 40 since both Dwarven and Elven have the same level 30 in the Smithing skill.

• Nordic and Stalhrim axes will now be properly adjusted in the Limbsplitter and Hack & Slash perks. (Bug #13120)

these perks.

Dawnguard adds Dragonbone axes to them, DB adds Teammate immunity, UBP 2.0.3 adds what's written above (+the teammate immunity).

anyway, if you have DB, the dragonbone (not born!) axes no longer cause bleeding (if you use the right load order).

this can not be rectified by the UDBP, which is the only unofficial patch, that loads after DB.

so a separate plugin is needed with DG and DB as masterfile.

This sort of thing is also the only rational argument for generating a "Legendary Edition" of the unofficial patches. Such conflicts are not quite as numerous as people make it out to be, and the inconvenience of taking away the separate patches far outweighs this.

• Nordic and Stalhrim axes will now be properly adjusted in the Limbsplitter and Hack & Slash perks. (Bug #13120)

these perks.

Dawnguard adds Dragonbone axes to them, DB adds Teammate immunity, UBP 2.0.3 adds what's written above (+the teammate immunity).

anyway, if you have DB, the dragonbone (not born!) axes no longer cause bleeding (if you use the right load order).

this can not be rectified by the UDBP, which is the only unofficial patch, that loads after DB.

so a separate plugin is needed with DG and DB as masterfile.

I see.  Although I do know that both Nordic and Stalhrim will be accessible when reaching level 60 in the Smithing skill and unlocking the Advanced Armor perk.  So why they appear in the Limbsplitter and Hack & Slash perks?

i think you are mightily confused by now. best would be to fire the UDBP up in tes5edit and have a look at what those entries do, while reading my explanation below:

the perks in the smithing tree handle the availability of the receipts on the forge, and improve tempering.

the axe perks limbsplitter and hack/slash handle the bleeding damage of axes for when you chose those perks.

the DB weapons have been propperly set up for the former, but not the latter. those thing have nothing to do with one another.

UDBP fixes the missing bleeding damage now. this has nothing to do with smithing.

ok?

That explains it since I haven't travel to Solstheim like you normally do.  Thanks for clarification. :)

Does the UDBP 2.0.3 have a fix for the dead cultists bodies?  I can't see the issue being fixed in UDBP 2.0.3 changelog.

There isn't a fix in UDBP 2.0.3. The cultist bodies are setup so that they disappear from the game once you arrive in Raven Rock and have found out about Miraak (in DLC2MQ01). I've asked Arthmoor about this issue and apparently there isn't anything else that can be done, since the script is set up correctly and papyrus isn't doing what it's supposed to do.

If it's coming from the wilderness encounter, those continue to happen until you've defeated Miraak. That's NOT a bug. The bodies from those get handled like all other wilderness encounters.

A separate patch to fix the little conflicts would be awesome, though it strikes me that the kind of people who do not read descriptions might take an unofficial legendary edition patch to be all they needed.

• 1 month later...

From the Changelog (2.0.2):-

"DLC2dunNchardakTrackingScript does not need to continue tracking control cubes once the quest is complete. (Bug #14581)"

An unnecessary side effect of this is that you can no longer collect the Control Cubes once you've completed the related quest. You can pick them up, but they don't go into your inventory - they just "disappear". Surely they should just be treated as any other object in this respect?

Should I create an Issue for this?

I believe Screwball has a good point. I have UDBP 2.0.3 and cannot pick the control cubes to open the door to Nchardak Aqueduct after having finished the quest. That place contains the Kagrumez Resonance Gem I require, but forgot to acquire the first time I was there. Please look into this. Thanks!

You don't actually need all 5 Resonance Gems available in the game, only 4 of them. See http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:The_Kagrumez_Gauntlet for details. That's not to say the bug with the Control Cubes doesn't need to be fixed ;)

Thanks for the quick reply! Indeed, I've just came to the same conclusion :) I still had to resurrect Revus Sarvani in order to buy the fourth gem from him, as dragons have been quite active and killed him at some point in time. :P Anyways, thanks and hope this information helps anyone out there. Good luck!

Ahh, yes, well that would be a bit of a problem. I tend to grab that one the first time I go anywhere near Tel Mithryn, which is generally fairly shortly after landing on Solstheim :)

• 2 weeks later...

UDBP version 2.0.4 is up. There will be no beta period on this since the edits are all somewhat trivial and have already been checked.

[05/27/2014 - 12:21:04AM] error: Cannot call SetCrimeFaction() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [UDBPRetroactive204 (08066E97)].udbp_retroactive204script.Process() - "UDBP_Retroactive204Script.psc" Line 19
    [UDBPVersionTracking (080160D6)].udbp_versiontrackingscript.ProcessRetroScripts() - "UDBP_VersionTrackingScript.psc" Line 38
    [alias Player on quest UDBPVersionTracking (080160D6)].UDBP_VersionTrackingPlayerAliasScript.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "UDBP_VersionTrackingPlayerAliasScript.psc" Line 6

I don't know what this error means, but It obviously has something to do with the recent update.

Ignore it. Your game is just being stubborn about running the update for the Ebony Warrior.

I made a comment on the Nexus about it but I figured I'd put it here as well considering this is more active.

It seems like the 'Conjure Seeker' summon isn't added to the Twin Souls perk. I summoned a Dremora Lord and then a Seeker and the Dremora Lord fizzled out, I also tried it with other summons and the same thing happened.

Ancarion Never has enough Gold, please make it so he has Gold.
If you choose the option of selling Stalhrim armor and weapons to Ancarion and he dies, you will never be able to remove the quest from the journal.
If you choose the option of selling Stalhrim armor and weapons to Ancarion he may not have any Gold to buy anything from you.

Hotfix 2.0.4a:

UDBP Fixes

• The CK ate the idle animation fix for the barstools, and has apparently been doing so on every update since 1.0.4 was released.

• 2 weeks later...