[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Arthmoor

also, not sure if worth a separate entry:

Limbsplitter30 Perk changes from Draginborn are overwritten by Limbsplitter30 changes from UDGP.

this doesn't naturally justify a separate entr, because the whole dilemma is already outlined here:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/13120-dragonborn-axes-not-causing-bleeding/

but the whole mess can probably not be fixed by the unoffiical patches. this small issue however can.

(i'm not advocating to add the Dragonborn Axes the the bleedign perk, but to add the fix for the unpropper elven condition to the DB perk, that adds the "isteammate=0" condition).

i know, all these weapon perks are quite confusing, it becomes more clear, when looking at all the patches together in TES5Edit.

it seems this was forgotten.

if this is still too confucing, the file i uploaded

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/786-files-for-weapon-perk-fixes-proposal/

does contain the correct entries in the respective esps (alongside a few other fixes)

any reason, this still didn't make it in?

it seems the file wasn't downloaded yet, let me know what i could do to get this fix in for the next version

At least party at this point because we're going to hold it for after the ESM conversions. The expected load ordering will change at that point and it may not even be necessary to have a convoluted patch, or at the very least the contents of such a thing will have to change. Plus I don't really like the idea of having to jury-rig something like this just because Bethesda was handling this so poorly. There's probably no way out of it except to have a cross-DLC patch, and that bugs me.

You intend to port the USKP and little brothers to esm format ????? What has made you changed your mind ?

At least party at this point because we're going to hold it for after the ESM conversions. The expected load ordering will change at that point and it may not even be necessary to have a convoluted patch, or at the very least the contents of such a thing will have to change. Plus I don't really like the idea of having to jury-rig something like this just because Bethesda was handling this so poorly. There's probably no way out of it except to have a cross-DLC patch, and that bugs me.

sounds promising. I'm looking forward to what this transition has in store for us :-)

• 1 month later...

Beta for 2.0.0 is up - get it while it's hot!

Please note, you need to download the betas for the USKP and each DLC you're using or bad things will happen.

Also note that to properly manage the load order with these betas with Wrye Bash, you need to grab the Wrye Bash 304.2 beta installer from Nexus.

You'll also need TES5Edit r1418 or better to properly manage loading with the new files.

For other tools, see our ESM conversion therad.

Beta for 2.0.0 is up - get it while it's hot!

Please note, you need to download the betas for the USKP and each DLC you're using or bad things will happen.

Also note that to properly manage the load order with these betas with Wrye Bash, you need to grab the Wrye Bash 304.2 beta installer from Nexus.

You'll also need TES5Edit r1418 or better to properly manage loading with the new files.

For other tools, see our ESM conversion therad.

There is also a new load order required - BOSS is *NOT* yet aware of it:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

Hearthfires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

[Everything else as usual]

Beta Update:

Script Fixes

• 4 more scripts have had their debug messages silenced. This should put a stop to any further debug trace messages for DB. (Bug #13971)

We're anticipating this to be the last round from here until we go live.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.0 is now live - loads of fixes, refer to the official changelogs for all the details.

IMPORTANT!

When upgrading, update EVERY unofficial patch you are using AT THE SAME TIME. Simply overwrite the files, run BOSS, and then load your game. Everything should drop into place nicely. Attempting to piecemeal update these patches will result in Bad Things™.

If you are using the beta, you MUST NOT use a save that is currently using it. Reload one from before you began testing so that all of the retroactive fixes will take effect. Failure to do this will result in some fixes being ignored.

• 2 months later...

I just noticed today that Glover Mallory's vendor chest (DLC2RRGloverVendorChest) contains quantity=2 of the VendorGoldBlacksmith leveled list, while every other blacksmith in the game has quantity=1. If Bethesda really intended him to have twice as much gold as every other blacksmith in the game then maybe this isn't a bug, but it sure seemed odd to me (and it incidentally makes some trouble for my mod, but that's irrelevant to UDGP).

DLC2BoundDagger "Bound Dagger" [sPEL:0701CE06] has the "no absorb/refelct" flag set as the only flag by the UDBP, while all vanilla bound weapon spees have "manual cost calc" as their only flag. any reason for this?

Is there anything in the CK as to why Sapphire wont retunr to her Father in Solstheim when i give her the Leter, i mean you would think some Family Closure would occur.

There are still dead cultists from Miraak lying around, even after im long done with Dragonborn

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed today that Glover Mallory's vendor chest (DLC2RRGloverVendorChest) contains quantity=2 of the VendorGoldBlacksmith leveled list, while every other blacksmith in the game has quantity=1. If Bethesda really intended him to have twice as much gold as every other blacksmith in the game then maybe this isn't a bug, but it sure seemed odd to me (and it incidentally makes some trouble for my mod, but that's irrelevant to UDGP).

Thinking that this is probably a bug I confirmed it and added it to the tracker.

Is there anything in the CK as to why Sapphire wont retunr to her Father in Solstheim when i give her the Leter, i mean you would think some Family Closure would occur.

Nothing. They didn't include anything for that to happen, and I wouldn't expect it anyway. She's in the guild and that's likely something her father would be happy about.

Plus, not everything needs to happen "on screen" for the player to see.

About the 2.0.1 change log:

"50 more Papyrus scripts have had their debug messages silenced." (Bug #13784, #13792, #14123, #14221, #14283, #14284, #14285, #14287, #14297, #14305, #14382-#14423) ; missing bug numbers

(Bug #14331)  missing from the version history

Should be good now.

If documentation issues are all we have to be afraid of, this beta is looking good :P

Arth, Varona may be being cleaned up because you put WIDeadBodyNoCleanup faction on two quests rather than just "Reluctant Steward"; if they run concurrently, completing Talvas' quest will strip her from the faction prematurely.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.1 is now live. Make sure you update ALL FOUR patches at the same time or Bad Things™ will result.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this lurker (xx03a3c6) is supposed to respawn? I think he may be related to one of the standing stones (pillars) on Solstheim, but he seems awfully far away from any of them.