[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Arthmoor

Leo, I already told you there was one additional change made right before the beta went to live.

None of which has anything to do with the cultists. I'm not even sure what you're asking about with them.

Leo, even if the Dragonborn MQ has started (you've met and killed the cultists), this update will work just fine.  :)

Sorry folks this is my fault and sometimes I need to make sure that I don't screw up for myself, but I think this might give you a hint why I do as I did right now.

You have no idea how much i understand......diagnosed 4 years ago. I feel the exact same way about handling things too and it does bite me in the ass

Regarding the link, anyone who says people fake it or misdiagnose it for some gain........ya being socially awkward and having a mind working completely different then most everyone else(not better just different) is NOT something i wish on anyone though i deal with the cards dealt. One upside for me was school was never a problem XD

Its totally different then ADD which is misdiagnosed and over medicated.

Anyway no worries leo but lets get back on topic XD

Im standing infront of Ancarion trying to Sell Stallhirm to him, yet he only has 4 Gold Pieces on him, its Bug since he is Very Poor and the Quest Journal doesent go away.

• If you choose the option of selling Stalhrim armor and weapons to Ancarion and he dies, you will never be able to remove the quest from the journal.
  • If you choose the option of selling Stalhrim armor and weapons to Ancarion he may not have any Gold to buy anything from you.

• 3 weeks later...

Im standing infront of Ancarion trying to Sell Stallhirm to him, yet he only has 4 Gold Pieces on him, its Bug since he is Very Poor and the Quest Journal doesent go away.

• If you choose the option of selling Stalhrim armor and weapons to Ancarion and he dies, you will never be able to remove the quest from the journal.
  • If you choose the option of selling Stalhrim armor and weapons to Ancarion he may not have any Gold to buy anything from you.

Please check the first two posts in this thread and if you can find an entry for this issue then you need to update UDBP.

The bed in Severin Manor is not giving the "Well Rested" bonus, but instead only gives the 'Rested' active effect.  This seems strange that I can only get 'Rested' in my own house, but I can walk down the street and get a better night's sleep in the Wretching Netch.

i found a problem when i activate Dragonborn patch,

for the Base game quest "Find Valdr hunting party",

Valdr isnt injured sitting on the timber looking for help

i tested to run the game with others Unofficial patches (Skyrim, Dawnguard, Heartfire, Hightex)

it just work fine without activate dragonborn patch

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Arthmoor, if you are starting with the next round of the Dragonborn patch, don't forget about the bladesman30 perk, this one got mixed up at one point, and the fix that should have been in UDBP ended up overwriting the fix that was meant to be in USKP, and is missing in UDBP.

here is the tracker entry, but i admit, it is a bit crowded.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/12201-conflict-dawnguardesm-and-dragonbornesm-with-some-perks/

(this link contains 3 entries, but with the exception of the here listed bladesman30 issue, all other bugs have gotten their own entry by me in the mean time)

also, you may want to give this entry a look:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/13138-warmaster-causing-knockdown-instead-of-paralyze/

the warmaster perk, should it be fixed as proposed, should get a separate entry in the UDGP and USKP.

but beware, i am not sure, if there is an unknown reason, why the warmaster does knockdown instead of paralysis. changing this will resolve the conflicts between Dawnguard and DB, but it needs testing whether this causes issues or not. i can immagine paralysis look less spectacular than knockdown with a heavy weapon. this may as well end up as a fix people would dislike should this be the case.

(which reminds me, i wanted to tell you that beth has to deal with this as well. didn't you hear the console gamers uproar, when the oghma infinitum glitch was fixed? :-D)

i found a problem when i activate Dragonborn patch,

for the Base game quest "Find Valdr hunting party",

Valdr isnt injured sitting on the timber looking for help

i tested to run the game with others Unofficial patches (Skyrim, Dawnguard, Heartfire, Hightex)

it just work fine without activate dragonborn patch

Sounds like you're having a loose script in the Data folder that needs to be deleted and it's likely to block the fixes from either USKP or UDBP or both.

Also make sure you don't have any of these listed mods installed that was made obsolete by the Unofficial Patches.

Sounds like you're having a loose script in the Data folder that needs to be deleted and it's likely to block the fixes from either USKP or UDBP or both.

Also make sure you don't have any of these listed mods installed that was made obsolete by the Unofficial Patches.

thanks for the reply

well, i am an idiot for modding so i have no idea about how to solve the "loose script" problem

can you teach me how?

and for your info, i only installed Unofficial Patch Mod with new start game

@Gruftlord: That's still quite confusing. Would you be willing to upload a file with what you're expecting to see so I can look at it visually?

@Gruftlord: That's still quite confusing. Would you be willing to upload a file with what you're expecting to see so I can look at it visually?

this is actually not needed.

you see, the bladesman30 perk (0005f56f) in USKP has 3 conditions: doesn't have Bladesman60, is a sword and is not a teamplayer.

the third one should be dropped.

then, a perk entry in the UDBP should be created, that overwrites the Bladesman30 but DOES contain all these 3 conditions.

(so in other words, for the UDBP, just copy the version currently in USKP over)

that simple.

remember how DB added all those "getplayerteammate=0" conditions?

now look at bladesman60 and 90 in tes5 edit with all unofficial plugins loaded. see, those contain separate entries for DB and SK already. this was just a mixup with the bladesman 30. somehow the getplacerteammate=0 slipped into USKP for the bladesman30 perk

but regarding the second (warmaster) report. is this confusing as well?

thanks for the reply

well, i am an idiot for modding so i have no idea about how to solve the "loose script" problem

can you teach me how?

and for your info, i only installed Unofficial Patch Mod with new start game

No one is an idiot because you don't know much in comparison to what other people know, but you are an idiot if you don't want to learn your own mistakes. :)

Sure no problem.  Just read the second post in this thread about what to do when you need to find a loose script.

Please post BOSS log and your loadorder (in Wrye Bash click on the Mod Checker button then click on the Copy button and paste it in your post).

No one is an idiot because you don't know much in comparison to what other people know, but you are an idiot if you don't want to learn your own mistakes. :)

Sure no problem.  Just read the second post in this thread about what to do when you need to find a loose script.

Please post BOSS log and your loadorder (in Wrye Bash click on the Mod Checker button then click on the Copy button and paste it in your post).

ok, i will try my best to solve it step by step with your help :)

first, i dont have any .pex files under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts" folder,

only contain lots .psc files in a subfolder call C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source"

here is the info i get from BOSS, i wish this is what you need cause i have no idea with it,

and the loadorder is as same as what the BOSS show

qmye.jpg

hm, UESP is filled with several riddled entries about how this quest may bug out.

there is no mention of anything related to this in USKP.

maybe this quest is a candidate for a closer look?

currentyl i wouldn't know what exactly to report, because well... you know the bugs section on UESP pages, and i personally didn't encounter bugs with this quest yet.

so yvchock, maybe it wasn't actually the UDBP that caused these issues, but a general unreliability of the way this quest is set up. and maybe it simply did work this one time you disabled UDBP, but this was just coincidence.

was this a repeatable process on your PC?

load order looks fine btw. script source files (psc) are no issue and belong in that folder

ok, i will try my best to solve it step by step with your help :)

first, i dont have any .pex files under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts" folder,

only contain lots .psc files in a subfolder call C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source"

here is the info i get from BOSS, i wish this is what you need cause i have no idea with it,

and the loadorder is as same as what the BOSS show

qmye.jpg

The first thing you need to is to reinstall Skyrim outside of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder since that's protected by UAC in Windows7 unless it doesn't bother you too much.

The second thing you definitely need to do is to clean Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, Dragonborn.esm in TES5Edit and make sure you don't clean the Unofficial Patches only the three DLC+Update.

Just click on the links in the BOSS log to get you started when you're ready to clean the mods.

The third you could do is to run BOSS again just to see if those dirty remarks you have in this picture doesn't show up in the BOSS log.

I think this is sufficient to do right now.

hm, UESP is filled with several riddled entries about how this quest may bug out.

there is no mention of anything related to this in USKP.

maybe this quest is a candidate for a closer look?

currentyl i wouldn't know what exactly to report, because well... you know the bugs section on UESP pages, and i personally didn't encounter bugs with this quest yet.

so yvchock, maybe it wasn't actually the UDBP that caused these issues, but a general unreliability of the way this quest is set up. and maybe it simply did work this one time you disabled UDBP, but this was just coincidence.

was this a repeatable process on your PC?

load order looks fine btw. script source files (psc) are no issue and belong in that folder

i've try this problem with disable UDBP and re-activate for few times just to make sure i get this right

this quest can be done quite early in game, so i do tried to start a new game to test it, but get the same result

activate UDBP = Valdr is cured

disable UDBP = Valdr is injured and wait for cure

The first thing you need to is to reinstall Skyrim outside of the C:\Program Files(x86) folder since that's protected by UAC in Windows7 unless it doesn't bother you too much.

The second thing you definitely need to do is to clean Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, HearthFires.esm, Dragonborn.esm in TES5Edit and make sure you don't clean the Unofficial Patches only the three DLC+Update.

Just click on the links in the BOSS log to get you started when you're ready to clean the mods.

The third you could do is to run BOSS again just to see if those dirty remarks you have in this picture doesn't show up in the BOSS log.

I think this is sufficient to do right now.

well, this seem quite complex for me, i need some time to study the way to use TES5Edit in the right way,

will come back to you guys when i've tried it, thanks man

ok, i was able to reproduce it, though admittedly i have a fairly long load order.

still. using LALs falkreath Inn Patron, stepping outside, using the tmm 111 console command and fast travelling to the moss mother cavern yielded in a recovering Valdr with UDBP installed. talking to him would let the quest progress from the point where it looked like you just healed him, though he WAS giving his introduction speech about how they were attacked by spriggans.

without UDBP he sat there wounded, gave the introduction speech and wanted to be healed.

odd. tes5edit shows no entries for the quest nor for Valdr.

edit: same setup, but no fast travel this time. still healed.

edit 2: there was an auto safe from when i exited the falkreath inn. i loaded that again, then ran (using TGM) to the place again, this time Vadkr was injured.

could you try to reproduce this, yvchock.

it seems this quest is indeed a bit wonky.

possible suggestion: some scripts from UDBP that run on first game load, or some retrocative scripts have a stray entry?

edit3: ok, no specific entry for this in the scripts of UDBP. what about some setting to set potential followers essential during the first part of the game, and the unessential flag omly firing on the next game load?

Beta version for 1.0.5 is up, 2nd posts has the details. Assuming all goes well, expect this to go live by Saturday.

Did you check the letter to Sapphire in Glover Mallory's basement ? It should not respawn either.

this is actually not needed.

you see, the bladesman30 perk (0005f56f) in USKP has 3 conditions: doesn't have Bladesman60, is a sword and is not a teamplayer.

the third one should be dropped.

then, a perk entry in the UDBP should be created, that overwrites the Bladesman30 but DOES contain all these 3 conditions.

(so in other words, for the UDBP, just copy the version currently in USKP over)

that simple.

remember how DB added all those "getplayerteammate=0" conditions?

now look at bladesman60 and 90 in tes5 edit with all unofficial plugins loaded. see, those contain separate entries for DB and SK already. this was just a mixup with the bladesman 30. somehow the getplacerteammate=0 slipped into USKP for the bladesman30 perk

but regarding the second (warmaster) report. is this confusing as well?

it seems this was forgotten.

if this is still too confucing, the file i uploaded

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/786-files-for-weapon-perk-fixes-proposal/

does contain the correct entries in the respective esps (alongside a few other fixes)