[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Arthmoor

So what exactly is the issue? Are they supposed to just stand around, or are they meant to be like followers? The UESP page that talks about them seems to be full of contradictions, and even a bug report of their own about how it won't fight you even if it consumes a heartstone.

I've completed the quest, but I never really cared to mess with the spell afterward :P

I think the big issue is that a heart stone is consumed when you return to the same cell as where you left the Ash Guardian.  I've never had one survive long enough to test that myself.  But if that is true, then that at least is a bug.  As to whether or not they should remain forever in a fixed point is up for debate.

• 2 weeks later...

Could this Ash Guardian issue somehow be related to the game engine navmesh issue something that Bethesda overlooked when they fix the navmesh issue for NPC?

UDBP 2.0.5 is released. First post has the details. There will be no beta run as the change set did not warrant it.

thx for the patches :)

tes5edit throws this on error check on udbp 205

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [04] Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
[00:01] [iNFO:0302A70A] ('Well you know it as well as I do. Raven Rock Mine wasn't empty at all... it's still rich in ebony ore.' in GRUP Topic Children of DLC2DDRCresciusTLImperialBranchTopic01 "Ridiculous? Why?" [DIAL:03024768])
[00:01]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA -  \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Quest Stage not found in "DLC2RR03 "The Final Descent" [QUST:03018B15]">
[00:02] All Done!

ignore/delete this post if its useless

• 4 weeks later...

I just added a new entry to the TracDown regarding the cleanup of Mirri's body after the completion of "Served Cold". Her body remained in the manor after my character took ownership. I also saw that this is a bug listed on the UESP Wiki and didn't see it listed anywhere in the Unofficial Dragonborn Patch changelog as being fixed - thought I should bring it to your attention. Sorry if I entered anything wrong or if this has been reported already!

Since my character already owns the manor I just disabled her body, because I wasn't sure what else to do.

A beta version for UDBP 2.0.6 is out. Second post has the details.

You WILL need to be using this alongside USKP 2.0.6 if you're running that beta due to the dragon skeleton fix.

has anybody ever observed, that ancient pickaxes are sheathed before mining, if you use the activate function? apparently you are supposed to just activate the deposits, without euqipping the pickaxe first. and apparently this was therefor not tested and leaves visual bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, wanna ask if you guys have the same experience like i do

there is quite often cause CTD when my character act the Two-Handed Finisher/Kill move to Dwarven Ballista

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The large glacier (**014408) behind the cabin at Northshore Landing has no specular highlights at all.

I discovered that 3 landscape meshes related to glaciers have the 'SLSF1_Vertex_Alpha' flag enabled, but is it the issue you're mentioning ? Could you provide a screenshot and describe the problem more precisely, please ? (a given area is much too dark, for example)

Version 2.0.7 of the UDBP has been released, OP has the details. There will be no beta period for this.

Please note that the locations for the changelogs have changed. The link in the OP has been updated.

Ugh. Apologies to anyone who has downloaded this mod prior to this post.

The corrupted files were caused by an internal testing version of Wrye Bash that was saving a subrecord it shouldn't have been, while at the same time masking the error being present. The package has been checked with Bash 305 to make sure the error is gone.

I discovered that 3 landscape meshes related to glaciers have the 'SLSF1_Vertex_Alpha' flag enabled, but is it the issue you're mentioning ? Could you provide a screenshot and describe the problem more precisely, please ? (a given area is much too dark, for example)

B6AmL1Q.jpg

The glacier on the right is the one behind the cabin at Northshore Landing.  As you can see there are no specular highlights at all compared to the glacier on the left, I've noticed a few more glaciers nearby which look similarly flat.

Ok, I see the issue. But this needs more investigation. I'll look at it when I'll have free time.

Replacement files for Nexus should now be up. Again, sorry about the mess, was rather hoping the Nexus CDN would work it out on its own but it looks like the programmers will need to get in touch with the CDN administrators and see what's what.

The glacier on the right is the one behind the cabin at Northshore Landing.  As you can see there are no specular highlights at all compared to the glacier on the left, I've noticed a few more glaciers nearby which look similarly flat.

We've done some checking, the glacier you're looking at is fine. You're just standing way too close to a mesh that's already huge and has been scaled up to 1.45x its normal size. Hence the blur and the lack of shine at the particular angle you're at.

Nothing that we need to fix here. Just don't stand so close :P

We've done some checking, the glacier you're looking at is fine. You're just standing way too close to a mesh that's already huge and has been scaled up to 1.45x its normal size. Hence the blur and the lack of shine at the particular angle you're at.

Nothing that we need to fix here. Just don't stand so close :P

Thanks for taking the time.  I think it's odd that I can't see any trace of the ice shader from any angle though, I just assumed the effect would be more pixellated on a huge mesh.

Yes, there's an underlying engine bug behind this. The mesh itself is perfectly fine, but the render engine seems to ignore the ice shader (maybe other ones as well) if the CK sets the associated static scale at a factor over 1.1 X. Unfortunately, there's nothing really useful or clever to fix this...  :(

This mesh has 14 instances in Solstheim, and almost each one has a specific scale factor, different from the others. Those below X1.1 are fine, others are affected by the issue. Scaling the mesh (and its collision block) will have repercussions on all other instances and will be completely unfriendly with mods using it as well...

Yes, but i was thinking about rescaling, renaming and adding as a new instance that replaces the old one. How many scaled above 1.1 instances are there ingame?