[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Arthmoor

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch

Version: 2.1.3
By the Unofficial Patch Project Team

These files are no longer available for download - please use the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch instead.

Requires Skyrim version 1.9.32.0.8 or greater and the official Dragonborn DLC.

USKP Discussion Forum on AFK Mods

This mod is an effort to fix the vast amount of bugs currently existing in Dragonborn. If you're experiencing a bug with Dragonborn, please report the bug to us in as much detail as possible on the USKP bugtracker. Please use search to ensure that you aren't submitting something that is already there. Use the "Dragonborn DLC" option to tag your report for Dragonborn. Please also confirm that the bug you are reporting happens with no mods other than the unofficial patches installed. A lot of Skyrim bugs are actually the result of other mods doing things they're not supposed to. Thank you and we hope you have a better Skyrim experience!

(Note that all fixes are retroactive unless otherwise noted)

Frequently Asked Questions - BUGS
Frequently Asked Questions - About the Project
Mods Made Obsolete by Unofficial Patches
Bug Fixes Recommended in Addition to the Unofficial Patches

UDBP Fixes

• A navmesh connection on the Windhelm docks had become broken at some point and needed to be repaired.

Actor Fixes

• Corrected several male bandits that improperly had "opposite gender anims" set.

Audio Fixes

• Several vanilla combat taunts were broken by the DLC when it deleted a topic. The topics were recreated in the DLC with new IDs but the audio files are missing and needed to be copied over from vanilla in order to work. (sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\MaleSoldier\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\FemaleOrc\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\MaleNord\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\FemaleCommander\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\FemaleEvenToned\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\MaleCondescending\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\MaleCommander\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\MaleSlyCynical\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz, sound\Voice\Dragonborn.esm\MaleCommoner\dgintimidatequest__00028EAB_1.fuz) (Bug #19211)

Item Fixes

• DLC2ChitinHeavyBootsAA had incorrect footstep sounds set. (Bug #19356)
  • DLC2SkaalChildShoesAA had no footstep sounds set. (Bug #19356)
  • DLC2SkaalHatArgAA, DLC2SkaalHatKhaAA, DLC2TemplePriestHoodKhaAA, and DLC2TemplePriestHoodArgAA all incorrectly had races other than what could wear them set. (Bug #19356)
  • Draw and sheathe sounds have been removed from DLC2BoundWeaponDagger and DLC2BoundWeaponDaggerMystic to fit with the previous weapon test done on the Bound Sword. (Bug #19259)
  • Numerous armor add-ons that were hiding amulets and shouldn't, along with numerous add-ons that display them and shouldn't, have been corrected.

Magic, Skill & Perk Fixes

• DLC2FortifyOnehandedFFSelf, DLC2FortifySpeechcraftFFSelf, DLC2ResistMagicFFSelf, and dlc2MerchBowOfTheStagBlessEffect were all erroneously set in the Restoration school. (Bug #18867)

Quest Fixes

• Corrected Falx Carius' alert lines not having random flags.

Script Fixes

• DragonActorScript: Scenes for when the player kills a dragon and starts to absorb the soul are skipping dialogue due to the order of two statements in the OnDeath event. (Bug #19214)

Placement/Layout/Ownership and other World Object Fixes

• 030186B0, 030186B1: Dwemer lift housing rotated out of position with visible gaps. (Bug #19016)
  • 030186B4: Lift platform does not match the type used on the inside of the structure. (Bug #19016)
  • 030353cc, 030353c7, 030353aa, 030353a9, 0302c1b1, 0302c1b0, 0302c1a8, 0302c1a7: Exploding Riekling barrels which were not set up correctly. (Bug #14968)
  • 0303ACEA, 0303ACEB: Sacks clipping with each other. (Bug #19425)

The complete changelog is available here.

Thus, the beta cycles for the individual patches comes to an end. Unification Day is Coming!

Leonardo said:

I know about the UDBP 1.0.0a version and my question is.  Do I need it since I don't have Dawnguard and only have Hearthfire, Dragonborn?

Yes, you still need it. The UDBP has pretty much nothing to do with any of the other DLCs.

Just what I thought but I need to confirm it.

If you want you can quote my post and add it into your post before you delete my first post in this thread.

Are there any plans on fixing the dragon soul absorbing or temporary solutions? I can't even absorb the dragon in the first encounter outside White run :(

Thanks but I updated it yesterday unless the patch was released today. I'll try it out. Should I disable all of the other unofficial patches? Doe deadly dragons affect this patch?

No.  You shouldn't disable the other patches.  The patch I link to has only one purpose and that's to fix the "no absorbing dragon soul" issue, which was reintroduced by Dragonborn-DLC IIRC.

The only soul absorption that's broken currently is with a respawned dragon. That issue will be fixed as well in the next update.

Yeah I notice that with a Blood Dragon.  Thanks for your hard work to fix almost every issue/glitches that exist in-game. :bow:

I decided to start a new game since my current game is messed up to much imo, so it's just what I need right now for my next game.

Thanks for the update. :smile:

Confirmation that the beta has completely fixed the dragon souls issue is tricking in from Steam and Nexus, so the big major thing we needed to hit is good to go.

Which was all we did with the UDBP, so no small wonder it worked for him too :P

In any case, just as soon as the Italian translation files are in, we can go live and put this bug to bed forever. At least as far as we're all concerned. Woe to other dragon mod authors who will soon be getting deluged by all the folks we'll be sending their way.

Hi, is the glitch at the end where it leaves me unable to kill Miraak gonna be fixed?

And also even through I have the latest version of the UDBP installed I still can't adsorb dragon souls ever since dragonborn came out....

Hello MarineCorp, welcome to our forums. :)

Could you please provide a little more info? Such as your mod list and if you use any animation mods. They've been know to cause this glitch.

For the dragon souls, look in your Data\Scripts folder for a script called dragonactorscript.pex, and delete it. Also look in your Data\Scripts\Source folder for dragonactorscript.psc file and delete it.

We'll start here and go from there.

Hello MarineCorp, welcome to our forums. :)

Could you please provide a little more info? Such as your mod list and if you use any animation mods. They've been know to cause this glitch.

For the dragon souls, look in your Data\Scripts folder for a script called dragonactorscript.pex, and delete it. Also look in your Data\Scripts\Source folder for dragonactorscript.psc file and delete it.

We'll start here and go from there.

haha.  Deleting those files fixed both of the problems.  Thanks!

For the record, deleting the .psc file isn't strictly necessary. The game only reads the .pex files. The .psc files are needed if you're going to be working with them in the CK.

It would probably also be a good idea to find out what mod put those there and see if you can get the author to update it with a Dragonborn compatible version.

I just want to clarify one thing.  I see now why the script file in the source folder has the psc extension and the pex extension must be PapyrusExecute, so this means that psc must be PapyrusSource.  Correct?