[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Arthmoor

• 1 month later...

Version 2.1.1 of the UHFP is out. First post has the details.

• 2 months later...

Version 2.1.2 is now in beta, second post has the details.

• 3 weeks later...

Beta version 2.1.3 is now up. Details in the second post.

Just curious, how did you create this if there was none to work on? BTW Thanks for a massive mesh update guys.

The player's adopted children would attend the player's wedding, but they had no dialogue recorded; created new dialogue lines for them (Sound/Voice/Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp/FemaleChild/Relationsh_RelationshipMar_0004CC90_1.fuz, Sound/Voice/Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp/FemaleChild/Relationsh_RelationshipMar_0004CC91_1.fuz, Sound/Voice/Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp/MaleChild/Relationsh_RelationshipMar_0004CC90_1.fuz, Sound/Voice/Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp/MaleChild/Relationsh_RelationshipMar_0004CC91_1.fuz).

I have a question about these added sounds to the children.

I saw that both USKP and UHFP have the texts of these two new added dialogues, however, only UHFP has the audio files for these. So doesn't that mean that an user with USKP but no Hearthfire will be able to see the text but he won't hear the audio?

EDIT: uh, nevermind, I guess that the children can't appear without Hearthfire, so it really doesn't matter if the text is there in USKP since it won't be used.

No, they won't see those at all because without HF there will be no kids showing up to the wedding. Was a slight slip to put those topics into the USKP itself but won't hurt anything either. They'll only be accessible via the UHFP.

So I went ahead and married just to test the new child voices. The voice "What? Why did you do that?" was working fine when the wedding wasn't succesful.

But the other line, the one for succesful wedding ("This is great! I almost can't believe it.") wasn't playing because instead, the child (Lucia in this case) was playing the line "Congratulations for the wedding..." (the first one in the topic), which doesn't have audio for her.

That's something I just spent a couple of hours hacking at to get fixed. It was the result of another wonderful engine bug: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4144-skyrim-engine-bugs/#entry156126Dialogue records are a ginormous mess because of these form version issues. Oblivion never had that problem.

We'll have updated beta packages out later once one of the mesh fixes for the USKP is ready.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't received the later from Jarl of Falkreath (quest BYOHHouseFalkreath) when reaching level 9, and I'm now level 19, and still no luck. With latest beta, I mean.

The stage of the quest is 10, looking at the code, it seems that it should be at 12 for the courier to search for me, but for whatever reason that stage was never set.

It may be an issue of mine, but I thought I would comment it here just in case someone can verify it.

EDIT: upin looking at byohhousebuildingscript.psc, I have reasons to think this is a Hearthfire bug that happens on specific conditions. I will fill a bug report with the details.

EDIT2: nvm, I was looking at wrong code section, I will keep invetigating and updating if I find something else.

EDIT3: I will let you decide if it is a bug or is intended. (This time I looked at correct section of code, I swear!).

If you are in relationship level >= 2 with the jarl of Morthal or the jarl of Dawnstar before level 9, you will never receive the letter from Siddgeir due to this code (BYOHHouseBuildingScript->PlayerChangeLocation):

if bSentIntroLetter == false && Game.GetPlayer().GetLevel() >= iMinIntroLetterLevel
		Actor player = Game.GetPlayer()
		; if player is not friends with any of the jarls AND has zero crimegold, send intro letter
		if JarlFalkreath.GetActorRef().GetRelationshipRank(player) < 2 && JarlHjaalmarch.GetActorRef().GetRelationshipRank(player) < 2 && JarlPale.GetActorRef().GetRelationshipRank(player) < 2
			; send intro letter from Falkreath if player has 0 crimegold with Falkreath
			if JarlFalkreath.GetActorRef().GetCrimeFaction().GetCrimeGold() == 0
				bSentIntroLetter = true
				HouseQuests[0].SetStage(iIntroLetterStage)
			endif
		endif
	endif

The line "if JarlFalkreath.GetActorRef().GetRelationshipRank(player) < 2 && JarlHjaalmarch.GetActorRef().GetRelationshipRank(player) < 2 && JarlPale.GetActorRef().GetRelationshipRank(player) < 2" is false and the letter is never delivered.

That's what happened in my game, I completed the Alva quest before level 9, so I got relationship level = 2 with jarl of Morthal, and thus, I will never receive that letter from Siddgeir.

It seems intended according to the comments of the code, but it is still weird. The whole letter thing is just weird.

• 1 month later...

Sry I posted this the wrong place earlier on site.....

But her it goes again I get a 100% crash when I leave my house in the Pale, and many crashes when I travel to House (outside).

For reference here are my mods perhaps you know of issues with em or its a bug needing to be fixed:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Falskaar.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
HighResTexturePack01.esp