[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

Arthmoor

Forgot to update the BSA on 2.0.6. Uploaded to fix that. Now the first two fixes on the 2.0.6 changelog will actually take hold :P

Indeed. At least it wasn't something super critical. It took 4 days for someone to even notice :P

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm asking too much, but is it possible to make a hi-res texture out of the existing Stone Quarry mesh? It seems to me that Bethesda included only low res mesh.

Is there a choice of meshes for this object ?

Do you mean a High Resolution Texture

Or a Higher polygon mesh

Usually unless there is a variation to the object required throughout the game ( different building variations for example ), you will only have one mesh per object

Any meshes that Bethesda used with a higher polygon count for say baking normal maps, do not get included in the game.

Brumbek of SMIM fame would be the person to approach for higher poly' meshes ( if he thinks the object needs one, he would probably make one especially if it offends his eye and include it in SMIM :) )

If you are talking about textures though, the vanilla stonequarry01.dds is 512x512, which seems about right for this object. If there is an equivalent texture in the High Res dlc I woul imagine it would be 1024x1024 .. But I cant confirm because I do not have them installed

Use BSAOpt to extract your high res BSA and find out, the texture should be in 

textures\_byoh\clutter\resources\

Or at least that is where the vanilla one is out of hearthfires.bsa .. I just extracted it to find out.

JURCaON.jpg

Yeah, I meant texture, not the mesh - sorry for my bad. I extracted the texture from HighResTexturePack02.bsa. it's 512x512px, however the stonequarry01_n.dds file is hi-res 1024px. But the texture in game still looks pixelized, at least for my taste.

It's not that uncommon for a high res DLC to include low-res textures of the ground (e.g. clay), they look very nice, but this one in particular - Stone Quarry texture, looks jagged.

I have made a screenshot of these in the game, using 3 different samples - vanilla (high res DLC), the one sent to me by alt3rn1ty and the 3rd one, 2048px texture what Nico suggested.

Obviously the 3rd sample looks best, even too real for the environment, but if we're to keep the unofficial patches in the virgin state, as close as possible, the variant from alt3rn1ty is not bad. It looks upsampled though and a bit over sharpened, but still it looks better and more appropriate than what is already included in Highres DLC.

Yep I am trying to do what I can with resizing the original .. And try not to make it obvious. Worst thing about doing these is you are basicly stretching the original texture, the trick is to try and make it look like there is more detail where there was none

The noise and filter settings to do that are sometimes awkward to get right.

If anyone else manages to have a good stab at it feel free, the issue is linked in my previous post

Its just the stonequarry01.dds texture needs adjusted, the high res dlc already has a better normal map than the original.

//off topic - Should be in Unofficial High Res Patch topic. Continued here

Maboleth there is a new file in the continued post in the UHRP topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.7 of the UHFP has been released, OP has the details. There will be no beta period for this.

Please note that the locations for the changelogs have changed. The link in the OP has been updated.

Ugh. Apologies to anyone who has downloaded this mod prior to this post.

The corrupted files were caused by an internal testing version of Wrye Bash that was saving a subrecord it shouldn't have been, while at the same time masking the error being present. The package has been checked with Bash 305 to make sure the error is gone.

Redownloaded the one uploaded at 0:10

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp: Unexpected subrecord: 'TES4.SCRN'
Error loading 'TES4' record and/or subrecord: 00000000
  eid = u'<<NO EID>>'
  subrecord = 'SCRN'
  subrecord size = 4
  file pos = 1494
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp: Unexpected subrecord: 'TES4.SCRN'
  eid = u'<<NO EID>>'
  subrecord = 'SCRN'
  subrecord size = 4
  file pos = 1612
  eid = u'<<NO EID>>'
  subrecord = 'SCRN'
  subrecord size = 4
  file pos = 1494
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp: Unexpected subrecord: 'TES4.SCRN'
  eid = u'<<NO EID>>'
  subrecord = 'SCRN'
  subrecord size = 4
  file pos = 1612
  eid = u'<<NO EID>>'
  subrecord = 'SCRN'
  subrecord size = 4
  file pos = 1494

Multiple Wrye Bash errors ( Wrye Bash 305 )

Redownload from AFK Mods instead of Nexus ( possible cached old file and still feeding that to people ) ..

Problem solved

Replacement files for Nexus should now be up. Again, sorry about the mess, was rather hoping the Nexus CDN would work it out on its own but it looks like the programmers will need to get in touch with the CDN administrators and see what's what.

hi guys

i use this mod 6 month ago and i faced a bug and i delete this mod

when i take a follower to one of my hall i aks a follower to become my steward and he/she accpeted and when i'm going to leave the house the steward follow me whether i'm go and if i ask him to leave me he say

i'm go to somewhere ( i don't remember what he/she say to go) and don't go to hall

i just wanna aks this bug fix or not?

(sry if i have mistake in writing my english is not good)

Shield racks are not working properly in my house, Lake manor. I no longer have an option to put weapons back on the left and right side once I take the weapons from the rack. The same also happens to shields. The only rack that is fully working is the one behind the main hearthstone/chimney, ground level.

Update: oops it works... I had to re-enter the house and cellar to get the options back.

[snip] I had to re-enter the house and cellar to get the options back.

This was required each time the racks scripts were updated in previous updates. I assume you haven't touched these ones since a long time. :D

^ Yep! :D In fact, for a long time I thought that swords on the wall were quite normal and I kept them like pictures in my house. Now it's quite strange to see them on the rack. :D

• 1 month later...

UHFP 2.0.8 is released. First post has the details. There will be no beta period for this.

• 1 month later...

USKP/UDGP/UHFP/UDBP beta 2.0.9 releases are up. Please make sure if you are going to be testing that you test with ALL of the files relevant to your game. Failure to do so will break things due to dependent fixes that had to be carried over into the DLC patches.

We anticipate this beta run to last 1-2 weeks, mainly for the USKP itself, depending on whether or not anything weird comes up.

• 2 weeks later...