Relocating. Again. :)

Arthmoor

As the title suggests, AFK Mods is relocating again :)

No, nothing bad happened, nobody died, we're not being kicked out because I got grumpy with the wrong person or anything like that. We've been given an offer too good to refuse that will give us back the independence we enjoyed before. Only better, because it won't be with that accursed QSFP stuff again. We're getting our own shiny new IPB setup. Courtesy of folks who can identify themselves later if they wish.

A new server has been established, and my blog at iguanadons.net has already been transplanted. The DNS should have propagated by now, so any visitors there should be seeing the new location. You'll know otherwise, since the old site is in comments lockdown.

The structure of the forums and our downloads area will be transferred over soon, with any luck, possibly tomorrow even. Which means preserving member data for continuity in posting and other stuff. Which leads to one small thing I think we need to ask, just to be sure it's cool with everyone.

If you weren't a member at the site prior to us integrating here, and you've since posted in our forums, would any of you object to having your member account data added at the new site? If so, we need to know this ahead of time since there will probably be some arcane SQL rituals needed to exclude you from that. Since the forum software is the same there should be no loss of information when doing so. You'd keep the same usernames and passwords, avatars, etc.

I know this was somewhat sudden, but the timing caught me by surprise too. Anyway, until we can get things moved over, it would be best to limit further posts to this thread.

Also, I was going to delete all the member accounts I had to create manually so we could load the AFK data. If you posted elsewhere in the DC forums, I'll be leaving your account. So I won't be deleting Conner's account. Is there anybody else that would like to keep their account on DC?

I'm not referring to regular DC members like Arthmoor, Sigurd or Thomas.

Don't remember if I posted elsewhere or not, but may as well keep me.

My files I think should not be kept, but I assume all the AFK stuff is going back there anyway, so.

And for the record, thanks to you and to DC in general for having us.

Actually, Arthmoor, the people that you're directing your question to about setting up accounts on the new site won't be able to see it. :P I just realized that. This forum is for AFK members only and the DC people like Vorians haven't been added to the AFK members group.

Dwip, you'll need to upload your files on the new site again. I'll be deleting the AFK Mods section once you've moved. If you want anything hosted on DC, you'll need to move the files to one of our public areas, like Oblivion or Skyrim. You can move files to a new section without having to upload them again.

Yeah, don't go deleting any file entries even after the data is transferred, I'll be wanting to relocate all my released stuff back into the normal area.

And... uh... yeah. I guess I forgot this was a semi-hidden forum.

And we're back!

Once again, I'd like to extend thanks to AnadalayBay for all the help in getting this transfer to work, along with being gracious enough to allow us to stay on DC for the time we were there. It's much appreciated.

Now to go nudge Apache into submission.

Also, I was going to delete all the member accounts I had to create manually so we could load the AFK data. If you posted elsewhere in the DC forums, I'll be leaving your account. So I won't be deleting Conner's account. Is there anybody else that would like to keep their account on DC?

I'm not referring to regular DC members like Arthmoor, Sigurd or Thomas.

Wow, I get honorable mention and everything, I really do feel special now. :D

And for the record, thanks to you and to DC in general for having us.

Once again, I'd like to extend thanks to AnadalayBay for all the help in getting this transfer to work, along with being gracious enough to allow us to stay on DC for the time we were there. It's much appreciated.

Just to third the motion and ensure that it carries, allow me to also thank DC for having us, it was a pleasure. :)

(Oh, and I'll still try to swing by now and then to reply to more status updates and such, those were fun. :))

I also managed to surive the relocation of AFK Mods to an independent site.  It feels good to be here. :D

Nice to have you aboard! :)

And I need to read announcements more often.

Yes, yes you do. :P