Compressed or not Compressed NPCs....

taleden

Hi!
I have a little, but for me fundamental question...why you delete the flag "Compressed" from some NPCs?? I see with Tes5edit that all vanilla NPCs have the Flag "Compressed" that, i think, reduces the data size...but why have you delete this flag from some NPCs, and not from all? Is it intended or not?
Thx in advance!
Cheers

The CK does what it does on its own whims. Which NPCs are you looking at, because I don't recall any of them having lost their compression flags.

Ok...so if i understand well, the "compressed" flag should be present on every npc, correct? To see how many npc don't have it, just open the esp with Tes5edit and look at every npc...the "compressed" line is one of the first starting from above!

Cheers

EDIT: Problem solved...it was an error from the italian translated esp...your orginal one is ok! Sorry for the misunderstanding! :)

Edited by Begaz81

You should probably find out what utility was used to do that translation because losing the compression flag is something Snip does, and Snip is known to corrupt the file because of that. Nobody should be using Snip at all, not even for translation purposes.

The author of the translation said that he used Skyrim String Localizer....but now on Nexus there's a new tool very promising, it's Skyrim String Translator.

Anyway thx for your kind help!

Cheers