Forsworn spawn at Kolskeggr

Velinestra

"The Forsworn spawns outside of Kolskeggr Mine that should have been disabled with the earlier USKP fix are now also disabled along with the ones inside the mine."

Now disabling the forsworn inside the mine makes sence, since the miners are working there, but why are the ones on the road disabled as well? Isn't that going too far, considering that the reach is hostile territory? Getting involved in such fights is part of the game experience, why remove it?

It's because the miners move into that house right there and also have guards that show up once the mine is cleared. So it's protected space. The spawns outside should have been disabled along with the ones inside.

I understand, but why outside? The Reach is still supposed to be a dangerous area, with the forsworn raids, so it makes sence if they keep attacking.

Edited by Varys

Arthmoor answered that. It's because there are guards now - they keep the area clear. Once an area is cleared, the miners should be able to move into the house and go to and from the mine without being attacked.

Sometimes things aren't going to make sense, fixed or otherwise. That one guard is going to be more than enough to stop the 3 Forsworn who would normally spawn there.

It helps to remember that each NPC from generic groups like that probably logically represents a lot more than they actually are.

Taking a literalist approach to everything in a game just doesn't work.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but in my google search for answers I found this, however his issue isn't the same as mine. I downloaded and installed "SkyComplete". Looking thru there I saw that under Misc I had a quest concerning Kolskeggr Mine. In my attempt to get it clear using setstage I added a journal entry under Misc "Clear the Forsworn from Kolskeggr Mine". Now I can't clear that entry and I can't find a stage number that'll do it and I've tried all of them and many that weren't documented just hoping to randomly hit on something.

My guess is you have to actually kill a briar heart forsworn to get that entry taken off, but doesn't there have to be a stage associated to it? I really don't want that entry on my journal and i'm loath to go back to a prior save because I had done a crapload of smithing after accidentally adding the journal entry.

Any help is appreciated.

Once you use SetStage, you can no longer remove it. You might have broken that quest by using the console.

As far as helping you get past that quest, I'm not sure. You'll have to wait for another person.

Awesome...

Stupid thing is, it appears I had already completed it and SkyComplete just wasn't picking up that fact. I was just trying to get SkyComplete to recognize completion and instead, I messed up something else.. great.

I'd say your best bet is to reload a previous save. Like DSoS mentioned, using console commands have a tendency to cause unexpected issues and can end up irreversibly messing up quests due to way scripts work.