Post Relocation Cleanup

Arthmoor

Looks like everything is in place now. There's some cleanup work that needs to be done on the posts though. During the transition, it was discovered (a bit too late unfortunately) that QSFP had been embedding HTML line breaks into all of the posts instead of the expected carriage returns. Everything where there was an expected hard return will be messed up until it's fixed.

I don't relish the thought of going through every single post we've brought over to fix this, so my suggestion would be to only fix the prominently displayed stuff like the RELz threads.

Also, yes, I deleted the "Pulling up Stakes" thread since it was never intended to bring that over anyway.

I don't know what it saved, but for some reason the database or IPB isn't interpreting the line breaks properly. I'm pretty sure I've seen html code in the posts, especially when you quote another post.

You'd really think there ought to be a way you could fix that particular issue with a database script rather than manually per post.

Sorry to see that thread go, but.. now that it has, I suppose I should re-ask my question since no one will ever see it in that thread now:

Why do we need to have the General Discussions sub-forum under the General sub-forum since we don't exactly have any other sub-forums under General and we don't even have any threads under General directly? Probably not really a big deal or anything, but sort of an unnecessary extra step in the forum structure. :shrug:

That's mainly an artifact of how QSFP stores forum categories. Assuming there's a way to fix that without losing the data then I can take care of that.

Fixed :P

Also, our file area is up now. Everyone who is a member of the AFK Mods group can upload their stuff. Dwip, I know you have at least a few things to preserve. Mine is already here and just needs to be recategorized.

A gentle nudge. Could those of you who uploaded files let me know when you're done moving those over? Or if you plan to bother. The only one that's not mine that I moved over was the Mausoleum alpha so that it doesn't get lost in the ether somewhere. Though apparently I can't set that as being Dwip's instead of my own.

A gentle nudge. Could those of you who uploaded files let me know when you're done moving those over? Or if you plan to bother. The only one that's not mine that I moved over was the Mausoleum alpha so that it doesn't get lost in the ether somewhere. Though apparently I can't set that as being Dwip's instead of my own.

Try clicking on the little contact card icon next to your name when you're looking at the file. When you mouse over it, it should say Author Name. Let me know if you don't have that icon. Leonardo posted a picture of it in his IP.Board thread in the admin forum.

Try clicking on the little contact card icon next to your name when you're looking at the file. When you mouse over it, it should say Author Name. Let me know if you don't have that icon. Leonardo posted a picture of it in his IP.Board thread in the admin forum.

Ah. I never would have though to click there to find that.

Speaking of file uploads, is that AFK_Mausoleum upload you uploading my stuff, or what's the deal?

Yes, and it should be the copy as it was last uploaded on the old site. The folder it's in isn't visible to anyone but AFK Mods members. Also it's now properly tagged as yours.

One of these days that thing still needs to get released. Yeah, that means I ought to make the LOD you wanted for it back in the day.

Well, when last we left off I had given it over to Hanaisse for finishing, but not sure what ever came of it if anything.

Neither am I. So I uploaded what was available in the interest of preventing it from becoming totally lost.

Now that I know where to look for the means to edit an author name I could just upload the remainder and assign it to the proper parties once it's done. At least in those cases where that stuff isn't already here, like Thomas' mods.

Or that. :)

And thus all the files were transferred over. I suppose it's about that time to go ahead and tell Rider he can take it all down.

All of the links back to the afkmods domain are going to be dead shortly as well since I just deleted the subdomain from my Dynadot configuration.

Jesus, it's a good thing this move happened when it did, Google just sent me a notice saying that they're terminating new signups to the free version of Google Apps as of today.

Not surprising I guess. So far they aren't clawing back features from those that have signed up already... Our corporate account is pretty old, so it has all kinds of features that aren't offered for free anymore.

I didn't have any files uploaded. I hope that info helps.

*snicker* Me either. :P

I do notice he's not offering to help though... evil.gif

Noticed that too...

He may well be suffering from Oregonian Bandwidth Reduction Syndrome :)

He's been totally hijacked by 2nd edition AD&D.

Or that. :)

And thus all the files were transferred over. I suppose it's about that time to go ahead and tell Rider he can take it all down.

All of the links back to the afkmods domain are going to be dead shortly as well since I just deleted the subdomain from my Dynadot configuration.

2nd edition? Really? I didn't think anyone still did 2nd edition.. or was that a subtle intimation about BGEE?

Bye AFK Mods! *wave* 'twas great knowing you...

Jesus, it's a good thing this move happened when it did, Google just sent me a notice saying that they're terminating new signups to the free version of Google Apps as of today.

Not surprising I guess. So far they aren't clawing back features from those that have signed up already... Our corporate account is pretty old, so it has all kinds of features that aren't offered for free anymore.

They've been doing that sort of thing a bit more often with their free services, I'd noticed, I hope it's not an indication of coming fees or what have you. :(

It is, actually, but only for new signups. Right now anyway. If you want in on Google Apps after today, it'll cost you at least $5/mo. Those of us already mooching are apparently grandfathered for the moment.