[RELz] Run For Your Lives

Arthmoor

Version 1.2.4

Merged bugfixes from USKP 2.0.1 to the WEJS18 event in with the modifications RFYL made to the quest.

• 3 months later...

Version 2.0

Complete replacement of the entire detection system. No longer uses wilderness encounter events. Dragons are now detected by combat state changes and when they land on available dragon perch objects in the area. This results in more reliable detection of dragons no matter how they spawn, including unusual events generated by mods.
When a citizen alias is filled, the AI pack will call for them to stop all combat activity prior to sending them to their safe harbor location. This should reduce the number of wannabe heroes.
In the event a citizen STILL decides to play hero, as long as they are protected by essential status, entering bleedout will result in them being instantly healed for up to 75 health so as to avoid a possible scenario where the NPC could die if the dragon was killed while they're bleeding out.
The check for child location status of an NPC's editor location was backward. This resulted in every NPC in an affected target area trying to cram into the inn instead of going to their houses like they were supposed to.
Added a condition check to the aliases to make sure they only fill with unique actors. This should eliminate accidentally picking up nearby hunters or other leveled list NPCs that shouldn't be getting dragged in.
Added a condition check to bar the player from filling an available citizen alias. Yep, for whatever reason, this happened in a few test runs.
All edits to vanilla quest records have been purged as they are no longer necessary. The altered vanilla quest scripts will revert back to their previous states.

I'm getting the following warnings in papyrus with the 2.0 version of the mod, every time I load a game save:

Edit: These warnings are apparently expected, so there's no problem here.

[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Unable to get type ARTH_PF_RFYLWEJS18Pkg_0200B457 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Unable to get type ARTH_PF_RFYLWE04Pkg_020068F6 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Unable to get type ARTH_QF_RFYLFleeWEJS18Event_0200B454 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Unable to get type ARTH_PF_RFYLWE04Pkg_020068F7 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Unable to get type ARTH_QF_RFYLWE04Event_020068F4 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Unable to get type ARTH_PF_RFYLWEJS18Pkg_0200B456 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Could not find type ARTH_PF_RFYLWE04Pkg_020068F7 in the type table in save
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Could not find type ARTH_QF_RFYLWE04Event_020068F4 in the type table in save
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Could not find type ARTH_PF_RFYLWEJS18Pkg_0200B457 in the type table in save
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Could not find type ARTH_PF_RFYLWEJS18Pkg_0200B456 in the type table in save
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Could not find type ARTH_QF_RFYLFleeWEJS18Event_0200B454 in the type table in save
[05/17/2014 - 03:57:17PM] warning: Could not find type ARTH_PF_RFYLWE04Pkg_020068F6 in the type table in save

Version 2.0.1

Enabled on demand debug messages for use in troubleshooting.
Fixed issues with dragons in distant cells triggering flee responses in Riften, Windhelm, and Whiterun.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.2

All 136 dragon perch markers in the vanilla game that were flagged isFullLOD have had the flag removed so they can no longer trigger dragon events for any nearby cities, towns, or villages.
Odahviing will no longer set off the system at all since allowing him to do so will disrupt the MQ as well as any city encounters you may call him into.

just a quick question: why have the markers been set to full LOD in the first place? are dragons able to land on them in the distance? fi so, would this mean that with the update dragons now will continue circling around forever?

I think it may do that but as soon as you get near everything will happen normally. Basically causing a minor issue to solve a major one

The dragons will be able to perch just fine. None of the markers Beth added in any of the DLCs have the flag so we know they work that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 2.0.3

Spawned dragons (from events, quests, the console, etc) whose form IDs start with FF will be handled through animation events now since there is too much risk that such a dragon could fly around and spit fire on stuff without ever perching or coming down to the ground.
The perch and combat state triggers will now be reserved for use by dragons hand placed into the game by the CK, be they from mods or the vanilla game. They are generally not threats to populated areas anyway.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Firstly - there's no post telling us that the current version is 2.0.5 but the actual download is?

Secondly, and more importantly, there's something horribly wrong with this and Solitude. On first entry to Solitude, everyone who's supposed to be standing around cheering, or jeering, at Rogvir are all running away to their respective "safe houses". Even Rogvir himself has to walk out of the Skeever to get to his own chopping block!

This is repeatable in my current game started new after the 2.1.3 releases (not the betas, the release). If I remove RFYL the scene plays out as normal, put it back and it's all wrong. Here's a suitable SaveGame, just walk up the hill into Solitude and watch the fun. It doesn't necessarily affect the game long-term, but it's clearly "immersion breaking" to put it mildly.

Load Order:-

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp (2.1.3)
SBBasement.esm
Run For Your Lives.esp (2.0.5)
no killmoves, no killcams, no killbites.esp

[edit] Just noticed the following in the logs. I certainly didn't notice any dragons around either outside or inside Solitude.

[07/28/2015 - 11:18:29AM] error: Unable to call RemoveFromFaction - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [<NULL form> (000198AB)].WIDeadBodyCleanupScript.RemoveFromFaction() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (050158CB)].ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.Fragment_2() - "ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.psc" Line 55
[07/28/2015 - 11:18:29AM] error: Unable to call EvaluatePackage - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
    [<NULL form> (000198AB)].WIDeadBodyCleanupScript.EvaluatePackage() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (050158CB)].ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.Fragment_2() - "ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.psc" Line 56

[/edit]

NULL Form errors are BAD. They are a clear sign of corrupted data in the save. Especially where vanilla forms are concerned.

That said, you need to enable the debug options on RFYL and see what exactly is happening. You can either do this in the MCM via SkyUI or follow the console debug directions from the sticky post on the Nexus page. I will need to see that log output to see what's going on.

I'll go take a look at the Nexus page. I have the savegame stored away so I should be able to return to it anytime to do some testing. It's worrying that I'm getting that kind of problem so early in the game - Level 20 give-or-take. Done a lot of discovering locations but not many quests.

• 2 months later...

Version 2.0.6

The package used to hold an NPC inside an interior if they're already there was rooting them in place, which looked strange in most cases. This has been changed to a "sandbox near self" package that should keep them indoors but allow them to conduct normal activity.

• 1 month later...

After the very first game session after upgrading to USLEEP, I noticed this error in my Papyrus logs, I don't know if it's useful for you, Arthmoor :

[11/13/2015 - 08:55:06AM] Error: Cannot call IsChild() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[ (170158CB)].ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.psc" Line 14
[11/13/2015 - 08:55:06AM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"
stack:
[ (170158CB)].ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.Fragment_0() - "ARTH_PF_RFYLFleeDragonAtt_020058CB.psc" Line 14

The logs show also, of course, all the USLEEP processing (retroactive updates, skipped variables, etc), which completed without issue. It's worth mentioning that in the savegame I chose to make the USLEEP upgrade, my character is in Riften, and a dragon attack is 100% sure when exiting the town (I know it because I previously continued to play from this savegame, but I chose to revert to it because I just installed your Shor's Stone mod and I preferred to revert to a savegame where I never went to Shor's Stone before).

For information, the dragon fight went to its end without noticeable issues.

• 2 weeks later...

http://wiki.step-project.com/Changelog/2.2.9.2

Immersive Citizens-AI Overhaul - ADDED to Core (06 November) - Replaces Run For Your Lives and When Vampires Attack. Replaces the Wet and Cold feature, "Go Home". This feature should be disabled within the Wet & Cold MCM.

Excuse, but why they say this? Is true I can remove mods and AI mod will fix everything?

@Elgar: That's not really of much value without a complete log to go with it. Could be any number of weird reasons that happened.

@Rolaids: Not exactly. Here's why:

If you install Immersive Citizens at the start of your game with all the mods you ever plan to run, you can probably skip the need for RFYL and WVA. The same is true if IC is installed later and you never intend to use any newer mods after that.

The big thing is this. If you decide you want some mods that add more NPCs to the game and IC is already installed then it can't do anything for those additional NPCs as it has no scripts and cannot react to the situation on demand. Any NPC added to the game after IC will not gain the protection from it. Therefore you'd still need to install RFYL and/or WVA to deal with the problem.

I've explained this to people before, including at least one member of the STEP project. IC is not a replacement for RFYL and WVA. Their guide is assuming way too much about how all 3 of those mods work.

Arthmoor, to clarify: does this issue you describe with Immersive Citizens only occur when adding new mods (with new NPCs) to an existing save?

Or any mods installed or updated (with new NPCs) after Immersive Citizens was installed, even on a brand new game? I.E. Mods installed after Immersive Citizens in the "installation order" for a new game.

I appreciate you letting us know about this; I had no idea this was an issue.

It would occur with any additional NPCs added to the game through mods after ICAO had been installed.

If you have not yet actually started the game, it won't matter. This only applies if you've been running an existing save, even for a moment, and then decide to add more mods and continue on with the same save.

Good to know. Thanks for the quick response. One last question:

Would updating new versions of affected existing mods (originally installed before a new game) cause the same issue?

Only if those updates happen to include more NPCs than they started with.

This is why an "on demand" solution is preferable. The only drawback is that it requires scripts and that's not something Shurah wanted in his mod.

• 1 month later...