[RELz] Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement [Legendary Edition]

Arthmoor

• 1 month later...

Version 1.1.2

Added a patch file for Hearthfire to make the carpenter's workbench and various other workbenches provide smithing experience when used.

Version 1.1.3

Generated SEQ file necessary to handle start-enabled quests.
Lockpick crafting has been modified slightly. Making picks with iron has been reduced to yield 5 picks and requires the Novice Locks perk. Making picks with steel still yields 10 picks but also now requires the Apprentice Locks perk.
The Dawnguard module will now drop crafting feathers for Bone Hawks.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update! :D

Haven't you consider to make pillows with your own manufactured feathers and could probably fit for both vanilla, Hearthfire. :)

* Crafting feathers should properly show up in vendor inventories now.

• 5 weeks later...

Version 1.2.0

Added Dragonborn support.
Updated the ore mining script to include the respawning vein fix from the USKP.
Updated the pheasant feather script to remove the broken cleanup function on hawk containers.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if this is deliberately or not, but there is no readme included in the archive.

Once I've downloaded a mod that doesn't have the current version in its filename is renamed for personal use, so I have to go here and check what version the latest version was.

Thanks for sharing. :banana:

• 1 month later...

I don't know why but recently I haven't been able to use the smelter in Dushnikh Yal and that happens even if I'm a bloodkin to the Orc's.  Does Ars Metallica alter the smelter in Dushnikh Yal at all or has it got something to do with EoS?

I discover the issue with that smelter in Dushnikh Yal when I had EoS installed, which I don't use anymore and now I consider EoS to be abandoned since the thread was locked on the officials.  Now I use the Trade and Barter mod.

Have you consider to make an Ars Metallica addon for Falskaar? :)

Ars Metallica alters the base object, so as long as the vanilla smelter is what's placed it won't matter where it's at. EoS wouldn't have mattered for that either since Ars never edited any of the individual references.

I'll have to see what sort of new stuff Alexander added before knowing what a module for Falskaar would need, but yes, I'm certainly willing to produce one.

Ars Metallica alters the base object, so as long as the vanilla smelter is what's placed it won't matter where it's at. EoS wouldn't have mattered for that either since Ars never edited any of the individual references.

I'll have to see what sort of new stuff Alexander added before knowing what a module for Falskaar would need, but yes, I'm certainly willing to produce one.

Just what I suspected because when I became aware of this issue I had already disable the rental a workstation in EoS and despite that the smelter still have the restriction of use.

I also tested in-game to have the rental a workstation feature enable and check the dialogue, which was enough confirmation for me that was working as intended.  But after I disable the EoS feature the smelter are still restricted for use by the player and also checked that in-game via dialogue, so disable the feature also worked and all the other facilities also worked but not the smelter which still had restrictions.

I don't know for sure what has caused this but I suspect that something isn't right about the smelter when I had EoS installed, because afaik the smelter shouldn't have any restrictions at all after the player became a bloodkin unless the player already is an Orc.

Thank you for considering to have an addon for Falskaar. :unworthy:  I'm looking forward for such addon later on. :woot:

• 2 months later...

Version 1.2.1

The player can now craft Blades gear after completing the Alduin's Wall quest and gaining entry to Sky Haven Temple. Advanced Armors perk is required to craft the armor.
Smelting recipes are now available for Blades gear.
Synchronized the UHFP fix for BYOHHouseInteriorWorkbenchRoom01B so it won't lose the keyword correction that made this workbench useless.

And no, no Falskaar module. There really isn't enough there beyond guard uniforms that was added.

Version 1.2.1

The player can now craft Blades gear after completing the Alduin's Wall quest and gaining entry to Sky Haven Temple. Advanced Armors perk is required to craft the armor.

Smelting recipes are now available for Blades gear.

Synchronized the UHFP fix for BYOHHouseInteriorWorkbenchRoom01B so it won't lose the keyword correction that made this workbench useless.

Cool! :woot:

Thanks for your hard work on this. :banana:

And no, no Falskaar module. There really isn't enough there beyond guard uniforms that was added.

What a pity and I was hoping for an addon for Falskaar.

Arthmoor,

Question... is there a reason this mod isn't on the workshop? Almost all your other mods are so I was kind of wondering why it's not? I understand why the unoffical patches will no longer be there and I have moved to get them manually now... but I would like to get this mod from the workshop if possible.

This mod comes with several additional modules that rely on the main file to function. It's been my experience that most folks on the Workshop fly into irrational rages when modders do stuff like that, even if the other modules were to be uploaded there as well.

If the Workshop (really, the CK) had allowed for multiple ESP files to be uploaded with a package this wouldn't be an issue.

This mod comes with several additional modules that rely on the main file to function. It's been my experience that most folks on the Workshop fly into irrational rages when modders do stuff like that, even if the other modules were to be uploaded there as well.

If the Workshop (really, the CK) had allowed for multiple ESP files to be uploaded with a package this wouldn't be an issue.

I think that's more there issue than your's... if they can't follow simple instructions. Couldn't you place them in a collection or something with big capital letters that says read you idiots? :teehee:

Honestly it's not hard to click on mutiple subscribe buttons...

You mean like the collection for the USKP, that had explicit instructions for how to deal with why people can't absorb dragon souls? :P Instructions people to this day refuse to follow and instead claim we broke. And that's on a collection of files that aren't mutually dependent on a specific parent.

Ars Metallica is, and so is Bring Out Your Dead. When BOYD was still up at the Workshop, it turned into a ragefest once it had to use the USKP as a parent. I don't know about other people, but I have little tolerance for having to support ragefests.

Even though users on Nexus can be just as dense and/or lazy, they generally don't complain when X depends on Y because they already know that that sort of thing is common in TES modding.

• 5 months later...

Version 1.2.2

Added ingot smelting recipes for the broken maces, swords, and warhammers that can sometimes be found in junk loot.
Added ingot smelting recipes for the Companions armor items, Skyforge weapons, and Nord Hero weapons.
Added ingot smelting recipes for the various Ancient Nord and Honed Ancient Nord weapons.
Added ingot smelting recipes for Imperial bows and swords to go with the USKP added crafting counterparts.
Added ingot smelting recipes for basic gold and silver necklaces and rings.
Added ingot smelting and crafting recipe for the basic woodcutter's axe.
Added a crafting recipe to turn 10 embalming picks into 10 lockpicks.
Meltdown recipes for weapons and armor have been given an added condition to prevent accidentally smelting the equipment you're wearing.
DG: Added recipes for crafting the Dawnguard weapons and armor once Fort Dawnguard has its forge. Advanced Armors perk is required for the armor.
DG: Added ingot smelting recipes for breaking down Dawnguard weapons and armor.
HF: Added a recipe to make wooden swords for the kids.
DB: Corrected the Nordic arrow and weapon smelting recipes to require steel smithing rather than advanced armors.

Version 1.2.2

Added ingot smelting recipes for the broken maces, swords, and warhammers that can sometimes be found in junk loot.

Added ingot smelting recipes for the Companions armor items, Skyforge weapons, and Nord Hero weapons.

Added ingot smelting recipes for the various Ancient Nord and Honed Ancient Nord weapons.

Added ingot smelting recipes for Imperial bows and swords to go with the USKP added crafting counterparts.

Added ingot smelting recipes for basic gold and silver necklaces and rings.

Added ingot smelting and crafting recipe for the basic woodcutter's axe.

Added a crafting recipe to turn 10 embalming picks into 10 lockpicks.

Meltdown recipes for weapons and armor have been given an added condition to prevent accidentally smelting the equipment you're wearing.

DG: Added recipes for crafting the Dawnguard weapons and armor once Fort Dawnguard has its forge. Advanced Armors perk is required for the armor.

DG: Added ingot smelting recipes for breaking down Dawnguard weapons and armor.

HF: Added a recipe to make wooden swords for the kids.

DB: Corrected the Nordic arrow and weapon smelting recipes to require steel smithing rather than advanced armors.

I suggest that only Balimund can repair broken weapons and AFAIK he is the only NPC that aren't tied to a faction or a questline.

• The smith in Windhelm only cares about the Stormcloaks
  • Eorlund Gray-Mane is tied to the Companions and Adrianne Avenicci is hired by the Imperials
  • The same thing also applies for the smith in Solitude and in Markath

That's something Bethesda should have done in vanilla except for the Ancient Nord weapons.

Couldn't there be a 'repair enchanted armor and weapon' perk at level 40 instead of the advanced armors perk at level 60 and in vanilla such a level doesn't exist in-game IIRC, because I find it a little to easy about the Nordic Arrow since you basically can do that once you have made the smithing skill legendary.

Thanks for the update mate. :bigcookie:

Those broken weapon recipes mean you can melt them down for the metal, not that you can reforge them into new weapons. Plus it doesn't matter which of the game's smiths could or could not do this since all of this applies to the player, who can use any forge they like.

• 5 months later...

Version 1.2.3

Added recipes for creating and breaking down standard pickaxes.
Generated a Legendary Edition file for those with all DLCs.

Legendary Edition

If you are installing the Legendary Edition of the mod, you will need to remove the individual files (there will be 4 ESPs and 1 BSA if you're using them all) otherwise you will end up with duplicated crafting recipes for everything the mod provides.

• 1 year later...

I am just curious why this one cannot create raw material from Elk Pelts on a tanning rack, especially when a deer is a common animal in Skyrim and in southern Skyrim in particular due to the warmer climate.

20160712220556 1

I took this picture after Alvar gave the necessary material to create a Hide Helmet in one those world interactions the player will encounter with certain NPC's.

As you can see Alvar gave me a Elk Hide and I am curious why I cannot use Elk Pelts on a tanning rack.  I notice the same thing in my previous game, which were somewhat *un-stable* due to a few issues.

Edited by Leonardo

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno if it's an engine bug or a bug in either HF or in your Ars Metallica mod, but these pictures show you what I mean.

20160715132436 1

Here is a list what material I can create in the smelter in the Windstand Manor's cellar.

20160715132501 1

As you can see I have two improved Steel War Axes in my inventory.

20160715132530 1

Now is one of them equipped, but why doesn't the Steel War Axe(s) show up in the menu in the smelter.

Here is my current loadorder.

Active Mod Files:

* 00  Skyrim.esm
* 01  Update.esm
* 02  Dawnguard.esm
* 03  HearthFires.esm
* 04  Dragonborn.esm
* 05  Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp  [Version 3.0.4]
* 06  Falskaar.esm
* 07  ApachiiHair.esm
* 08  Campfire.esm
* 09  CompanionArissa.esm
* 0A  HighResTexturePack01.esp
* 0B  HighResTexturePack02.esp
* 0C  HighResTexturePack03.esp
* 0D  Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp  [Version 1.2.0]
* 0E  Cutting Room Floor.esp  [Version 2.0.0]
* 0F  FISS.esp
* 10  Barrels and Crates.esp
* 11  Practice Dummies - Legendary Edition.esp  [Version 1.0.3]
* 12  Ars Metallica - Legendary Edition.esp
* 13  Point The Way.esp  [Version 1.0.8]
* 14  Run For Your Lives.esp  [Version 2.0.6]
* 15  Frostfall.esp
* 16  Darkwater Crossing.esp  [Version 1.0.5]
* 17  Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp  [Version 3.0]
* 18  SkyUI.esp
* 19  Shor's Stone.esp  [Version 1.0.2]
* 1A  Ivarstead.esp  [Version 1.1]
* 1B  Manor Roads.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 1C  Provincial Courier Service.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1D  Whistling Mine.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 1E  TradeBarter.esp
* 1F  Kynesgrove.esp  [Version 1.1.4]
* 20  Storefront.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
* 21  Karthwasten.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 22  Soljund's Sinkhole.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 23  Bee Hives.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 24  The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp  [Version 1.2.9]
* 25  Bound Wood Axe.esp
* 26  Breezehome Firepit Removed.esp  [Version 1.02]
* 27  Breezehome Loft Crafting.esp
* 28  Grimy Utilities Interface.esp
* 29  SkyTweak.esp
* 2A  ShockFrostFamiliars.esp
* 2B  Immersive Ingestibles.esp
* ++  randomthunder.esp
* ++  lighterdbs.esp
* ++  doubleloot.esp
* ++  moreloot.esp
* ++  Ulvhild - Nord Housecarl for Lakeview Manor.esp
* ++  sm_stafffencahntingsoulgems.esp
* 2C  Conjure Bound Pickaxe.esp
* 2D  Dawnguard Map Markers.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 2E  SimplyKnock.esp
* 2F  SeeYouSleepByMadmole.esp
* 30  SkyrimReloaded.esp
* 31  Sliced Bread.esp
* 32  Unlock Spell Tomes.esp
* 33  NightEye.esp
* 34  UIExtensions.esp
* 35  When Vampires Attack.esp  [Version 2.0.6]
* 36  Slof's Unique Frost.esp
* 37  EK_RingLimiter.esp
* 38  Field Alchemy.esp  [Version 2.2.3]
* 39  moredragonloot.esp
* 3A  DragonHideRobeArmor.esp
* 3B  TimingIsEverything.esp
* 3C  AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
* 3D  Open Cities Skyrim.esp  [Version 2.0.0]
* 3E  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 3.1.4]
* 3F  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I don't use any mods that touches the recipes for armors and/or weapons except your Ars Metallica mod.  So what's wrong, is it a bug or is it just a glitch? :shrug:

The equipped item doesn't show up because I intentionally made the crafting recipes ignore equipped items so you don't accidentally smelt them.