[RELz] Bring Out Your Dead

Arthmoor

Essential NPCs as they exist in the vanilla game will not get a grave, even if a mod removes the flag. There would be no way for the mod to account for this without a lot of crazy scripting. It's simpler for such mods to just add the grave handling themselves for those situations.

As of right now, all NPCs that were going to get graves have them. The ones in population centers like towns and cities. Others in more remote areas are not being handled, and the Dark Brotherhood members are among those not being handled. Making a list would be tedious at best as there's quite a few. Fortunately since it's handled via aliases, you don't need to worry about it for compatibility purposes.

UESP is incorrect that there is no consequence for grave robbing. If you get caught, you'll get a bounty. The only way it won't be marked as a crime is if you were on good terms with them when they died, and you'll know which NPCs those are because the courier will bring you the inheritance letter. That taking of stuff from friendly NPCs only goes up to a certain value though and anything worth more is always considered theft.

Thank for the answer.

Essential NPCs as they exist in the vanilla game will not get a grave, even if a mod removes the flag. There would be no way for the mod to account for this without a lot of crazy scripting. It's simpler for such mods to just add the grave handling themselves for those situations.

I was talking not about mods that remove essential flag. I was talking about ingame situations that remove essential flag, like completed quest. For example, Thonar Silver-Blood is essential and at the end of the quest becomes mortal. So, will such npcs get their graves?

Yes, those kinds of NPCs have already been accounted for if I was able to find that they lose their essential status during the game.

As of right now, all NPCs that were going to get graves have them. The ones in population centers like towns and cities. Others in more remote areas are not being handled, and the Dark Brotherhood members are among those not being handled. Making a list would be tedious at best as there's quite a few. Fortunately since it's handled via aliases, you don't need to worry about it for compatibility purposes.

UESP is incorrect that there is no consequence for grave robbing. If you get caught, you'll get a bounty. The only way it won't be marked as a crime is if you were on good terms with them when they died, and you'll know which NPCs those are because the courier will bring you the inheritance letter. That taking of stuff from friendly NPCs only goes up to a certain value though and anything worth more is always considered theft.

Do Vantus Loreius and his wife Curwe's fall under remote area? They live in the Pale which without Being Out Your Dead wouldn't have a Hall Of The Dead in Dawnstar and if I have never seen any graves for them despite them being killed if the PC sides with Loreius. 

Where do  the NPCs added by Cutting Room Floor (e.g. Grushnag, Uglarz, Mithorpa Nasyal and the cut Heljarchen NPCs) fit in? Because there are people that have both CTF and BOYD mods.  When Mithorpa Nasyal died in my game I never saw a grave for him despite having both CTF and BOYD active.

Correct, Vantus and Curwe are not handled. Partly because of the remoteness of the location and partly because their deaths are not handled as actual kills. Their dead versions show up when the quest stages update and are simply enabled via script. They will not have graves.

CRF NPCs who live in populated areas have their own grave handling so they'll end up in a logical place as long as it's not somewhere remote.