[RELz] Bring Out Your Dead

Arthmoor

Ugh. Apologies to anyone who has downloaded this mod prior to this post.

The corrupted files were caused by an internal testing version of Wrye Bash that was saving a subrecord it shouldn't have been, while at the same time masking the error being present. The package has been checked with Bash 305 to make sure the error is gone.

Replacement files for Nexus should now be up. Again, sorry about the mess, was rather hoping the Nexus CDN would work it out on its own but it looks like the programmers will need to get in touch with the CDN administrators and see what's what.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0

Hall of the Dead has been built for Dawnstar on the small island north of town. All graves have been relocated there. This eliminates conflicts with Enhanced Towns & Cities as well as Morskom Estate.
Hall of the Dead has been built for Winterhold just past the bridge to the College. All graves have been relocated there. This eliminates conflicts with Enhanced Towns & Cities.
Added a navcut collision box to the grave site in Rorikstead to keep NPCs from trying to walk through it.
Moved the graves in Darkwater Crossing slightly to avoid a minor conflict with Enhanced Towns & Cities.
Moved the graves in Kynsegrove to avoid a minor conflict with Enhanced Towns & Cities.

Please be aware that these graves are all Papyrus script properties. Relocation is unlikely to take effect without starting a new game first.

• 1 month later...

How does one get into the Dawnstar hall of the dead. I went to check it out but the only door is chained up and there are some narrow holes around the tower that i got stuck in

Are you sure that's not Nightcaller Temple that you're trying to enter? The Hall of the Dead added by BOYD is just north of the town near the sea.

I found the problem, I checked the nexus comments and it seems someone else ran into the same problem. The mod Better Docks puts a nord tower smack in the middle of where the hall of the dead is. Crap :P I'll figure it out

Edit: Apparently it has a version without modifcations to Dawnstar. I'm a happy camper now :D

• 1 month later...

Several plants are slightly floating or misplaced near the grave site in Riverwood.

2015_02_03_00002.jpg

RefIDs from left to right: 00018459 (dead tree shrub), 00018458 (dead tree shrub), 000C0535 (fern cluster), 000C052F (thistle).

The two dead shrubs are placed on the edge of the terrain slope and the fern and thistle are floating slightly.

Version 2.0.1

Synchronized fixes from USKP 2.0.8 and 2.0.9.

(ugh, and yes, I forgot about those bushes)

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.2

Grounded a pair of floating bushes at the Riverwood gravesite.
Eirid should not have been given a grave since children cannot be killed.

• 2 months later...

Version 2.0.3

Synchronized fixes from USKP 2.1.0 through 2.1.2.
Collision mesh for the burial cairn ported from the USKP mesh fix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Version 3.0.0

Converted the mod to use aliases pointing to the NPCs rather than directly editing the NPC records themselves. This should eliminate any compatibility issues with other mods that need to edit base NPC records. All existing graves that have already been enabled will continue to exist.
Moved the exterior graves for the College of Winterhold into the Hall of the Dead cell for Winterhold.

How will this change affect NPCs whose records still have scripts attached for graves? Mods like the USKP, CRF and such.

this sound great. thanks for the update.

i found 7 conflicts with USKP in tes5edit. 1 burial urn in Solitude and 6 coffins in markarth (under cell....persitent) have changed 'base' objects in USKP, while BOYD has vanilla values there. is this intentional (i couldn't deciver what the fix was for, so i have a hard time telling)?

How will this change affect NPCs whose records still have scripts attached for graves? Mods like the USKP, CRF and such.

It won't bother them. NPCs the USKP already gave a proper grave to were never part of this mod. Those it used the fake burial container for will be switched to use the one from the alias instead. CRF handles its own NPCs and BOYD doesn't mess with them at all.

this sound great. thanks for the update.

i found 7 conflicts with USKP in tes5edit. 1 burial urn in Solitude and 6 coffins in markarth (under cell....persitent) have changed 'base' objects in USKP, while BOYD has vanilla values there. is this intentional (i couldn't deciver what the fix was for, so i have a hard time telling)?

Those are intentional. The USKP changed several wrong burial containers to their static versions and BOYD needed the original types back for the extra people.

I love this mod and  I have seen the graves of a Kynegrove citizen and a couple of Largashbur Orcs.

@Arthmoor I have 4 questions.

1. Would it be possible for the named NPCs there were added by Cutting Room Floor such as Grushnag, Uglarz, Mithorpa Nasyal as well as the cut Heljarchen NPCs to have their own graves, coffins and urns especially for those that have both of your awesome Cutting Room Floor and Bring Out Your Dead mods active?

2. I have been into the Dawnstar Hall of the Dead  and I haven't seen Vantus Loreius's and Curwe's names in there (despite their farm being in The Pale) nor I can find their graves either

though I have long completing Delayed Burial where Cicero kills them if the guard is told to arrest him with Bring Out Your Dead active.

Where do these two go when they die and their bodies disappear?   

3..  Do Savos Aren, Ancano and the rest other College of Winterhold people end up in the Winterhold Hall of the Dead after they die and disappear?

4. Why doesn't Ranmir end up in the Winterhold Hall of the Dead  

after Drowned Sorrows quest is complete (he is disabled but if enabled via the console he is still alive)

?  

• 2 months later...

Version 3.0.0

Conversion to Legendary Edition. All future support will be on this branch ONLY.
Converted the mod to use aliases pointing to the NPCs rather than directly editing the NPC records themselves. This should eliminate any compatibility issues with other mods that need to edit base NPC records. All existing graves that have already been enabled will continue to exist.
Moved the exterior graves for the College of Winterhold into the Hall of the Dead cell for Winterhold.

• 4 months later...

Want to ask a bunch of questions about this mod. First of all, on the mod description page it says "NPCs marked as essential will not be given a grave since they cannot be killed normally unless the game removes that flag as the result of a completed quest." So does this mean that some npcs, after the game removes essential flag from them and they die, they will not be given graves? And second question: As of this version of the mod, all npcs were given their graves or are there still some npcs that need to be worked with? Also, too bad that there's no list of such npcs to know what npcs have their graves in vanilla version, what npcs have their graves because of this mod. For example, all members of the Dark Brotherhood. Do they have their graves? I can't seem to find out any info about what npcs are given graves and what not.

Also, I understand that you can loot freely only coffins and urns of people that had good disposition towards you, is that right? Because, I already tested the mod and I can only steal from the graves, not to take items freely. But also, looking on this wiki page, I saw this description of coffin "Whenever a citizen of a hold dies, the items that they were carrying, such as keys, clothes, and weapons, will appear in a coffin in the Hall of the Dead of the hold capital. These items will then be free to take without consequence." Is this a mistake? Because, as I said, I can only steal from coffins. (Stupid mechanic btw. If I didn't loot someone when he died (for example because of a dragon), then my only chance to loot this person is to steal from coffin which isn't the best option. Items that are marked as stolen never truly can be mine and will be taken from me when I'm arrested).