[RELz] Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Arthmoor

Hm. I just installed the update and no matter what start I try to choose, when I try to use the bed, it tells me that sleep is the last thing on my mind right now. I have no other mods active and I deleted and replaced the .esp and .bsa by hand.Ideas?

You still have old files left behind from a 1.1 install. Loose scripts etc that need to be removed. NMM FTL if it didn't do this for you.

What scripts? The download only had an .esp and .bsa.Found them.To be fair, I don't think I installed the old version with NMM. Probably.

There we go, thanks.Attacked and left for dead gave me only miner's clothes, boots and five green apples! I <3 it!

Is hunting camp supposed to get all this stuff? Hunting camp.The crazed adventurer has a steel sword and imperial shield, but neither are equipped. She fought me bare-handed.The downhill side of the tent is floating a little bit.

Yes, each start has a set of items that comes with it. Much of which is just random "stuff". You can get lucky sometimes, but most of it is usually worthless.I'll have to see what I can do about forcing the adventurer to equip their gear. Silly game.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.4.1

* Fixed the crazed adventurer not equipping their weapon/shield. They should be slightly more of a threat now.
* Changed the farmhouse profits quest to use RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime() rather than a repeating update to prevent it running updates forever if the mod is uninstalled. (STUPID PAPYRUS!)
* If the player skipped the Helgen cave after reading the journal, the "Live Another Life" quest never closes out. This has now been fixed and will be taken care of upon entering Dragonsreach and speaking to the Jarl.
* Blocked Marmal's scene in Riften about dragons from playing before the MQ has begun, along with several other dialogue options from other NPCs elsewhere.
* Generated facegen texture data for the farmhouse NPCs to eliminate the grey face bug.
* Changed the torches carried by the orc in the shipwreck start to use non-shadow versions.

Version 1.4.2

* A bug in the gift menu handling for Hadvar or Ralof made it possible to break progression into the main quest if the player didn't actually give one of them a potion.
* A quest objective has been added that will display after picking your start option and being moved to the destination.

Please note that none of the following changes will matter if you've already begun a game with this installed. These changes only affect newly started characters.

* 3rd person camera control will be disabled until after you've picked a start and used the bed to begin.
* The crazed adventurer's tenure as a plot device has been terminated and the actor burned at the stake for his insolence. Find the journal on the burned corpse now instead.
* Helgen cleanup will now leave behind the expected amount of damage and rubble.
* The Headsman in Helgen will no longer be hanging around after he should be dead and gone.

I found one burnt corpse inside Helgen. The only item in its inventory was a few gold pieces. I did not find any burnt corpses anywhere else I looked between Helgen and the Guardian Stones. Did I look in the wrong places for that corpse?

Getting back to you on the Farmer start and the Shipwreck start. I started each and then went outside and looked. The farmhouse was there for the farmer start. The ship was there for the Shipwreck start. I haven't taken another character to look at those locations. I'm not sure I would be able to find them.

I uninstalled a bunch of mods and started a new character. The only burnt corpse I could find in and around Helgen did not have anything in its inventory this time.

I started walking to Riverwood and found the correct corpse on the way. So it looks good now. I think it was a mod conflict, or some kind of glitch because that corpse wasn't there the first time I tried this.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.4.3

* Typo - it should be a "Burned Corpse".
* Fixed a bug in the friendly fire script that allowed the Four Skull Lookout bandit start to be exploited.
* The bandit start location at Faldar's Tooth has been relocated to Nilheim to avoid complications from the interor portion of the hideout. This will change your allegiance to Nilheim if you started at Faldar's Tooth.
* The trigger boxes that control the bandit/vampire friendly faction stuff have been fixed to use the proper actor detection method.
* Removed several abandoned script properties from the Live Another Life quest.
* Blocked off access to the torture room in Helgen for non-vanilla starts.

Please note that none of the following changes will not matter if you've already begun a game with this installed. These changes only affect newly started characters.

* Moved the 3rd person lockout to the initial stage of the quest so it can't be invoked during script lag following the race menu. (NO, I will NOT remove this feature.)
* Cleaned up vanilla NPC handling in the scripting prior to the scenario start by switching their static properties over to quest aliases. Static properties eat memory long term. Quest aliases purge once the quest is done. My small part to helping keep Skyrim memory use under control.

Finally had a chance to check this out. Very nice. I did the camp start - pedestrian I know. But it was fun to look up and see Alduin flying over. And of course the first thing I did was head back to the Helgen escape cave... I think I'll start a game with your version of the default start and see what that's like.And I had no problem finding the corpse, whether he's burned or burnt. :)

Yeah, 1200 endorsements. And that's considered a pretty small amount for a Skyrim mod by my estimation. It's ridiculous just how much more popular Skyrim is than Oblivion, even though the creative talents of most of us are still being hamstrung by bugs.

Wow, you really are a grumpy lizard if the magnitude of that doesn't evoke a singing from the rooftops reaction.

I downloaded it from Nexus just so I could endorse it.Stop being so bloody grumpy, you grumpy lizard!

Version 1.4.4

* For DB starts, Grelod the Kind was not killed as she should have been.
* The block added to keep people out of the torture room was not properly disabled for Helgen starts.
* Made it possible to warn Riverwood about the dragon if the player ignores Hadvar and Ralof, or doesn't completely follow through on rescuing one of them.

Please note that none of the following changes will matter if you've already begun a game with this installed. These changes only affect newly started characters.

* Added a Redguard start for the Alik'r.(Some day, perhaps in my lifetime even, there won't be any more bugs!)

(Some day perhaps in my lifetime even, there won't be any more bugs!)

I'm not sure I can handle that kind of optimism.