[RELz] Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Arthmoor

Alex isn't kidding then when he says Falskaar is huge. The coordinates needed to trip that are fairly big. Also a hell of a coincidence that there would be a navigable area to hit the trigger with.

Yep.  And the area in question is navigable, it's in the middle of some fairly flat forested land.

• 1 month later...

Voice acting is impressive ! Professionnal quality. Thanks and greetings to Nikkita !  :wink:

Indeed it's impressive and Nikkita has a pleasant voice to listen to.  Good addition and I like it! :banana:

I haven't tried every starting alternative yet and so far the dunmer refugee on Solstheim location are the only alternative I tested a few times.

That said I can think of two more starting options and both of them has the same setup as the dunmer refugee option so here my suggestions.

You're a miner and suddenly you decided to go out and see the rest of the world before you ending up dead for real in the mine (all races can choose to be a miner).

• The Quicksilver Mine in Dawnstar (if you not have Dragonborn installed)
  • The Raven Rock Mine

You're a refugee coming by boat to Skyrim from Solstheim (all races can choose to be a refugee), because you were just recovering your self from the escape of Vvardenfell when the volcano on Red Mountain had an eruption.

Also, did you change the startup quest?  The reason I ask is because I couldn't find the burned corpse a long the way from Helgen Keep to Riverwood.

Yeah it should and before you have rescue Hadvar/Ralof.

Why not place the corpse near the entrance because it's logical.  That NPC could have get out first and get attacked by Alduin then try to take cover, but that was already to late since the wounds was lethal.

Btw... Was there a particular reason why you move the corpse?  Just curious.

I moved it because leaving it out on the road wouldn't have made sense after getting the Alduin scene to work right.

Version 2.3.1

The script that determines the player as having approached Helgen was not checking the worldspace to be sure they were actually still in Tamriel.
Ulfric and Tullius will now be moved back to their proper locations when the player sees Alduin since conditions are proper for them to return home at that point.
The setup script that does the reset for the player default spells will now refer back to the original vanilla function. My duplicated copy has been removed. This will allow mods that have modified the default race spell handling to work as intended if they've modified the vanilla script to do this.
All vanilla markers used by the script that moves the player out of the prison cell have been replaced with dedicated markers belonging to the mod. This should help prevent situations where the transfer fails and you are dumped back into the cell with Ulfric and Tullius fighting it out.

I can confirm that worldspace check does indeed work.  Not that you needed that, but you have it.  :rofl:

I think you need to update all options, so they also have exactly the same interior in Breezehome when you pick another option than the owned property option.  Here is my issue in the LAL bug tracker.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/13186-interior-for-breezehome-is-unique-in-the-owned-property-option/

Perhaps have the same interior for Breezehome (LAL-owned property option) for UHFP as well, so it will have exactly the same interior in Breezehome regardless what decision you make in the new game.

I've an idea of how to make it doable if you're interested that is.

I don't alter Breezehome though. All LAL does is make the calls to the enable markers in exactly the same manner the actual house quests do.

I see.

Despite that I'm still not satisfy when I've a least four pictures there two of them shows the decoration options in two different games and one of the games I picked the owned property option while the other I didn't.

It simply doesn't makes sense to me. :shrug:

It's Skyrim. It isn't supposed to make sense :P

I did fine one issue though, after being alerted to a script error in Hearthfire. The navmesh cutting collision box in front of the door to the child's bedroom was incorrectly parented and would turn itself ON when the alchemy room was disabled rather than the other way around, so it was blocking access into the bedroom for any NPCs needing to get in there.

That's going to be fixed on the next UHFP update though, where it belongs. It has no impact on the barrels in your pics.

That's good to know about an updated UHFP version.  Thanks for your hard work. :)

hello, my name is Michael and I live in Italy. :grinning:

I wanted to thank you for the work you've done I like it a lot and I have not found anything like it.

My question is ... how did you do? I'm trying to learn how to create such a thing, but I'm going crazy. :wallbash:   I can not find anywhere that explains it all. Can you help me?

Thank you so much!

Bye

Hey I was just wondering. Is there a selection for starting out with owing land? I was interested in starting up some good house building. If this isn't in the mod, do you ever plan to release it?

Welcome to AFK Mods! :cookies:

Have A Horker Stick! :banana:

You mean like what purposes Hearthfire has then I must disappoint you and afaik there no such option, but there is an owned property (players house) option for every city.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.3.2

The campsite start was not set up to handle returning Ulfric and Tullius back to where they belong after the adjustments in version 2.3.1 were made.
Facegen data for the farmhouse NPCs needed to be regenerated due to having incorrect paths in the generated mesh files.
A dead crewmember for the shipwreck start that I forgot to place is now in the ship, floating next to his old bed.
Three more start locations for the Left For Dead option have been added. Skyrim is surprisingly crowded - these are getting hard to find.
Fixed a missing ownership flag on one of the snowberry bushes at the farmhouse.
Fixed the weapon racks inside the farmhouse so they'll work with the fixed rack scripts supplied by the USKP 1.3.3 update.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues getting Tullius to appear. I have started the main quest, and I have basically finished everything with the Greybeards. What exactly do you need to do to get it to trigger?

Welcome to AFK Mods! :horker:

Sounds like you're having a mod or something that's blocking the scripts for Tullius and if you have such mod that edit NPC or the civil war in the same time you're using USKP then it's more likely that a loose script is blocking the fixes of USKP.

Please post both your loadorder and the Papyrus log.