[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

The dark red one has already been replaced and is waiting in the wings for an update. There haven't been any more bug reports so that'll probably happen later today.

I'll also be moving the Riften gate, again, because it's dominating too much of the scene in the castle's practice yard. I'm thinking of throwing that in the harbor outside and doing it like I did in Markarth with part of it laying in the water.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Thomas Kaira

• Leonardo

Darn! I missed the fireworks again. :sad: Judging by the moderator humour, I guess there were a bunch of folks now bitching because you've authorized a patch now? :lmao:

Moderator humor? Did I miss something?

Oh. I guess I did. Probably for the best. :P

Darn! I missed the fireworks again. :sad: Judging by the moderator humour I guess there were a bunch of folks now bitching because you've authorized a patch now? :lmao:

Yeah, some guy who got banned from Nexus came and bitched in your thread. I reported the cross forum bashing after about 7 posts back and forth. There were three different people telling the guy to shut up, and he wouldn't.

I'm obviously never going to understand the violent objection to a few dead gates lying about.

Anyone remember who it was?

*wonders how easy it would be to make gates you didn't close in TES4 stick behind in the world*

I'm obviously never going to understand the violent objection to a few dead gates lying about.

Anyone remember who it was?

*wonders how easy it would be to make gates you didn't close in TES4 stick behind in the world*

It was a shock when they first appeared. Now I'm going to play for a bit and make a decision. I need to get a bunch of Oblivion stuff done first, though.But the gates we didn't close in TES4 would all be in Cyrodiil. :blink:

I was referring to making an Oblivion mod to leave standing gates the player hadn't actually closed :P

You mean leave them active once you've finished the MQ? No! Dagon is gone. So are his fucking gates!

Uh, no. I mean leaving behind dead ones that are otherwise intact. Although if there were various levels of broken gate to do that with I'd vary things.

Seriously, do you think I'd actually do something in direct violation of the lore?

Anyway. Change of pace. Whatcha guys think of this?

Open_Cities_Skyrim.jpg

Not white. Black would be better, imo.And the dead ones are left behind and intact, so not sure what you're getting at. There were several gates I chose not to close. After I finishing the MQ, they were still there, but closed.

Intact as in not just the ground spikes but the arc as well. Just without all the animation and flashy portal stuff. Like what's in my updated OP at the bottom, etc. Highly unlikely to happen, it was mainly a passing thought.

Black is too dark, so if not white, I found a nice blue color I like.

I like them busted up as if they were destroyed when the sustenance was pulled. :biggrin: I was thinking grey might be a possibility too - need to see what the blue looks like. :lol: Yeah, you're getting an unsolicited opinion. :wink:

Could stand to be a little 3d, I think. Likewise, the dragons blend pretty hard.

I'm not sure if Paint.NET can do 3D-ish stuff.

I'm not sure how else to handle the dragons either.

It should have some amount of buttonize/drop shadow stuff. It's been a while.Also, you might consider switching to a daytime background shot. The moon looks cool and all, but it's not really selling the Open Cities part and it's pretty hard to actually SEE the city to begin with. YMMV.

I've got an idea! (Yeah, they happen periodically). How about a red that matches the little red splotch that I can't really see under the Skyrim logo? It links the two together and I think red would stand out from your background. If the same red tone doesn't work, perhaps lighten it up a bit.

Closest thing I could find is an unfocus blur that puts a fuzzy whitish outline around the words. There's no dropshadow thing in here that I can find.

It's likely going to be hard to sell the concept at all with a 950x160 banner, so I went with the coolest shot I could find.Red that matches the gear looks good too, and the unfocus blur seems to highlight the words better.

I can't get the dragons to be able to stand out though unless I cut the picture out from under it on each side.

Dunno if this really works, but? http://s15.postimage.org/49zvcvm09/open_cities_skyrim_logo.jpg

Better. I'm not sure about the white behind the dragons. If you want a drop shadow look, you can do that with Gimp. Or ask Amadaun to do that for you with Photoshop. She can give you a drop-shadow or 3d look in a few minutes. Send her the logo in the best quality available in a PM on DC if you want her to do that for you.

That was me raising the brightness on the part behind them. Like I said, the only other option is to have no pic behind it and let the dragons sit on whatever the page background is.

Looks good, though a slightly brighter red might be better for the text. Or a 1px light-colored border somehow. One of those.

btw, it sort of dawns on me that this bump map feature in Gimp (is it new?) would be perfect for making Oblivion road signs. Ah, hindsight.