[RELz] Cyrodiil Travel Services

Arthmoor

Cyrodiil Travel Services

This mod is a collection of travel options which aims to recreate a system similar to what existed in Morrowind. It includes regular travel agent services at the stables, Divine Intervention, Mark & Recall, and Mage Guild Guides.

At each major city, there is a travel agent who will offer transportation to other major cities, including a few mod added destinations as well. Their services are relatively cheap and are based on the distance between each stop they service. They are also heavily armed and should you decide to attack them, be prepared for a significant fight. This may also draw in local guards. These agents WILL NOT RESPAWN IF KILLED, so try not to make a mess.

A Divine Intervention spell which functions in a similar manner to the one from Morrowind. The only real difference is that it will bring you to one of the chapel interiors instead of dropping you outside. The spell is sold in every chapel and requires Mysticism skill of 50 or higher. Scrolls are available from loot and vendor lists that deal with Journeyman level items. Divine Intervention does not function in Oblivion realms, Shivering Isles, or in a few other select areas where being yanked out might break something. It is also aware of Knights of the Nine and will not transport you to a desecrated chapel during the quest.

Mark & Recall spells which function nearly identically to their Morrowind and Daggerfall equivalents. This allows you to set a marker virtually anywhere and recall to it later. The spell does not function within Oblivion realms, Shivering Isles, or a few other select locations that will break something. The spells are sold by Alves Uvenim in Leyawiin since they specialize in Mysticism.

Teleportation services are now provided at the Mages Guild. Each city offers a teleportation pad in the public area of the guild which allows transport to every other major city. Ask around while in a guild and you'll be directed to the person in charge of the teleporter. Fees for non-members are 100 Septims. Fees for initiate members of the guild are 25 Septims. Teleportation is free once you have access to the Arcane University. Frostcrag Spire is available as a destination, but is only guaranteed to work with the OFFICIAL DLC.

Fast Travel can now be optionally disabled as well through an ini file.

Downloads

AFK Mods
TES Alliance

Installation Requirements

Shivering Isles Expansion
Official Oblivion Patch 1.2.0.416
OBSE v0019b or higher.

Highly Recommended: Elys Silent Voice 0.93 - Dialogue in the mod will not stay on screen long without this.

Installation

Unpack the contents into your Data folder.
BAIN is recommended for proper management.
Activate the mod using your favorite mod manager, or through the Oblivion launcher.

If upgrading from 1.3.1 or older, remove the BSA file as 2.0 onward will no longer ship with one. BSA real estate is getting scarce, and this mod really didn't warrant needing one.

If upgrading from 2.x, the silent voice files are no longer included.

In the Data\ini\Cyrodiil Travel Services.ini file, setting the option to 0 will enable Fast Travel, setting the option to 1 disables it.

Removal

Uninstall the ESP and the Data\ini\Cyrodiil Travel Services.ini file.

Load Order

Load before Open Cities Reborn, otherwise it probably doesn't matter.

Compatibility

This mod should be compatible with just about everything. It does not alter quests, nor does it alter existing NPCs. It only adds new ones. Their AI schedules should take them inside the cities to eat, but as long as someone hasn't destroyed the taverns they frequent, there should be no problem. No landscape was altered, and no outdoor path grids were changed. This should eliminate a major source of headaches with other mods.

I've tried to make use of the existing stables where possible. Sometimes even assigning sleeping quarters inside the stable buildings because there was not enough space outside to fit their whole setup. This was especially tricky in Bravil, to the point where Ciingail had to have her stuff placed on the deck of the stable building itself.

There will be overlap in purpose with the Cyrodiil Transportation Network mod. I began work on mine a long time before realizing that one existed, but continued on with mine after realizing I wasn't entirely happy with the other one. Not a knock against the author, just that I wanted something a bit different. As long as you're willing to overlook there being more than one land based transport provider in each location, we should compliment each other nicely.

No textures or meshes were added, everything placed is vanilla content. There should be no reason for a compatibility problem with anything that replaces them.

This mod is fully compatible with Open Cities Classic, Open Cities Reborn, and Better Cities.

Credits

* Dwip: The Divine Intervention setup was based on his initial work with a test mod.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

Continuing/Redirecting the Divine Intervention discussion....

Dwip's little proof-of-concept mod works, and appears to work really well. So with his blessing I'll absorb this into CTS in a future release. I did some cleanup on it and broke the actual transport part off into an OBSE function call rather than having it bulking up the main loop script. So now the script effect just calls the function when it needs to move the player, which is instantaneous, and no need to fiddle with changing variable states and all that. Thus simplifying things even more than they already were.

Also going to go ahead and add guild guides at the MG sites. It will probably blunt the usefulness of Frostcrag somewhat, but hey. It isn't possible to teleport back there anyway and I think I'll leave support for returning there from the guild guides out of this. It could be done easily enough though, so make noise about it now or something while the ideas are still percolating.

No, I'm not adding shipping routes because that would necessitate disruption of the path grids in too many places, and I doubt very much people would appreciate my incrementing game time by a couple of days at a time just to take a boat :P

At some point you should probably rip out the tree comparison code I wrote for determining the shortest distance and change it to a series of checks (ie, is Anvil < Bravil, if so store in variable, compare variable to Bruma, store shortest in variable, etc), because it's a better way to do it, but otherwise yeah, go ahead.Some way of getting back to Frostcrag WOULD be sort of nice, though a guild guide may not be the best way to do that. Clickable invisible activators on the floors in the guilds that act like doors? I dunno.

Heh, well apparently my brilliant attempt to split the movement part off into a call function has resulted in utter failure. The script is aborting itself without ever doing any of the distance checks. Probably just me not knowing WTF I'm doing with OBSE functions though. Or it dislikes how I'm trying to do the Oblivion realms check.

That Oblivion realms check I did could stand to be way better, too, yes. Doesn't OBSE have ways to check for that? Also, it's probably extremely broken and/or exploitable in other worldspaces, but not sure you can really fix that.Not entirely sure why my variable switch thing in the gamemode block is so bad, though, now you mention it.

It has a 5 second delay - your fQuestDelayTime hack in the script effect doesn't work. You'd have to set the quest delay permanently fast in order to guarantee the time.Yes, OBSE has an IsInOblivion function which I put in instead of the checklist of individual realms. However it seems script execution is getting aborted entirely somewhere because none of my console prints fire off except the first one confirming the function is being called.

Heh, well it doesn't like this:

set World to AFKDivineInterventionQuest.Worldparent
if( World.IsInOblivion )
  Message "This spell will not work in the realms of Oblivion."
endif

AFKDivineInterventionQuest.Worldparent is a valid reference to Tamriel. The entire script simply aborts upon checking the IsInOblivion condition.EDIT: And we are now aware that function wants the Player, not a worldspace. Which isn't entirely clear in the docs.

Funny on the fQuestDelayTime, because it was practically instant for me, but oh well.I'm not entirely certain, without looking it up, how that .Worldparent thing is supposed to function, but ok.Also, I hope you're going to do away with my hackish scroll method of delivering the spell, and have it sold somewhere or some such.

Yes, I'll have the spell for sale in expected places as well as some actual scrolls that can be purchased.The Worldparent thing is only being used to update the distance checks now. If you're in Tamriel, or a worldspace that is a direct child of it, the distance checks will validate. So if you're in the IC, it should properly update to Temple of the One. Same with other places.Worldspaces not linked with Tamriel are something that needs to be though about. Oblivion stuff is obvious, just stop the casting. It's what to do with places like the Aaesgard mod and stuff that has independent worldspaces. Not all of them should logically allow you to recall clear back to a city in Cyrodiil. But I guess that can be dealt with on an as needed basis when it comes up.

I forget - were the guild guides in Morrowind free if you were a member of the Mages Guild?

I can't physically get to my Morrowind discs right now, but I'm almost positive they were only available in the first place to members of the MG, but the prices they charged were pretty nominal. UESP says 10 gold a hit.

Yes, well, this is Cyrodiil. Home of capitalist pigs galore. I was thinking 100 for non-members, free for members. Although it *IS* stupidly easy to join the guild, so maybe 25 for members. Instant teleport with no time lag is a pretty valuable asset, yes?

Maybe free once you reach the rank that you can get into the AU? That takes effort.

Perks are good, perks are very good. Perks exist now.Divine Intervention is now also KOTN aware and will not transport you to a desecrated chapel. You should land in the next closest one as long as the distance checks are working right now. Gotta love OBSE. Just need a few dopes to sell the spell and we're good. Would be nice to drop them into loot lists too. Will have to see how easy that will be.Then top things off with Mark & Recall and CTS will be born anew :)

Get it while it's hot! Sneak peek time. 3.0 is up.

Version 3.0

* A Divine Intervention spell has been added which functions loosely like the spell in Morrowind did, bringing you to the nearest chapel to the last outdoor location you visited in Tamriel.

+ This spell is aware of Knights of the Nine and will not direct you to a desecrated chapel while the quest line is underway.

+ The spell will not function in realms of Oblivion, and should include mod-added realms if they are set up correctly.

+ The spell will not function in a select few vanilla worldspaces, such as the Bloated Float when it is out to sea, because leaving abruptly would break the quest.

* Guild Guides have been added to the Mages Guild in each major city, charging 100 for non-members, 25 for new initiates, and offering teleportation free to Apprentices or above.

+ Mages Guild members will tell you who you need to see to purchase teleportation in each guildhall.

+ If Frostcrag Spire is installed, the teleportation pads will offer it as a destination. Only guaranteed to work with the OFFICIAL DLC.

* Mark & Recall spells have been added, which function just like their equivalents in Morrowind. You can only have one active mark, but can recall to it as often as you like.

+ These spells use the same conditions for casting as Divine Intervention, but will still work even in desecrated chapels.

* An INI file has been added, currently with a single option to disable fast travel if desired. This is not guaranteed to be 100% capable of blocking it, but it will try. Default state is to leave it on.

* Added an OBSE detection script.

• 2 months later...

Version 3.0.1

* Detection for mod supported locations got broken when the script was updated. Oops.

* Made adjustments for the destruction of the Bruma Mages Guild after A Plot Revealed is underway.

Version 3.0.2

* Further fixes to the Bruma Guild support. Stubborn little guy. ( at least it's a small mod, right? :P )

Version 3.0.3

* The route from Bravil to Faregyl was not connected properly in the dialogue.

* Added a shorter time factor for the Skingrad to Chorrol route when West Roads is in the game.

Version 3.0.4

* Skirlene's aggression value was too high and resulted in her stealing food.

* All NPCs have been given another boost in carried gold to prevent them from turning to crime as well.

Yes, I should probably remember to update threads here a bit more often :)

• 1 month later...

Version 3.0.5

* Travel service to Sancre Tor added if Reclaiming Sancre Tor is loaded.

• 2 years later...

Version 3.0.6

* The Mark/Recall marker object needed to be turned into a marker rat due to the worldspace snapback bug.

• 5 months later...

Version 3.1

Travel service is now available from Chorrol to Battlehorn Castle. Purchasing the forge improvement will enable the travel agent there.
Guild guides will no longer talk about themselves in the 3rd person if asked about teleportation.
Recall and Divine Intervention will not be allowed while mounted or in a seated position to prevent some nasty bugs that would otherwise occur once the player had been moved.

Special thanks to PrinceShroob for the following:

Using one of the Mages Guild teleporter pads will no longer result in the weather remaining the same as where you came from, resulting in things like snow in Anvil.
Made Divine Intervention more reliable -- it will actually move you to the chapel the shortest distance from you, and will function correctly in cities.
Tightened the restrictions for using Mark, Recall, and Divine Intervention (i.e., instances where using those spells could allow you to access areas you shouldn't be able to go back to, or allow you to break quests by leaving).
Mark, Recall, and Divine Intervention now function in the Shivering Isles; Divine Intervention takes you to the Sacellum Arden-Sul. You can only recall back to a mark placed in the Shivering Isles if you are in the Isles. Needless to say, Shivering Isles is now REQUIRED for this mod to run.