[RELz] Arthmoor's Villages of Cyrodiil

Arthmoor

Attack of the killer path nodes! Or are they tomatoes in disguise?!?

And for the record, curse Oblivion's AI system. Making NPCs do what you want is a monumental pain in the ass. (see: Dufus)

And that's RC-3 up now. Sharpening my dagger in case I need to stab Dufus in the back or something.

Also since this is supposed to be a thread about more than just this one village....

Sutch is making more strides toward completion. Hana is rolling along nicely on that now that we've gotten the ESP straightened out after some snafus.

Urasek is starting to form up, slowly. Haven't yet decided fully on a quest or two since there aren't any NPCs yet and I tend to cook up quest ideas once those exist. Although surely something to do with the mine for one of them. It's already practically begging for it. Of course, I need to do interiors first before I get that far :P

The mouse. It is roaring.

I always run into the strangest stuff.

ReedstandSwimmingArgonian.jpg

For some reason, it's always the Argonians, too. I mean, even in Faregyl, whacked out Argonians.

naked_argonian.jpg

And with that last round of fixes in RC-3, I'm declaring 1.0. It's up here now, I'll have it uploaded elsewhere shortly.

Congratulations. I'm still working my way through the wizardy quest in RC3 right now. I did get through the roaring mouse one just fine.

I'm still waiting for Horvath to leave the Inn and go to his tower to complete that quest.

One wonders what the criteria are for becoming a hot file. Once again I am puzzled by what people like and don't like.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Karz wanted poster near the Bruma city gates: Please be readable. All I want to do is read you. Is that so much to ask? Otherwise I wander around Bruma wondering why I can't ask the guards about this jackass, and then I am sad.(I eventually found the one in Olav's)Should Skirlene in CTS really be trying to steal food from Olav's in front of half of Bruma?

By not being readable, elaborate. They're all activatable, so should be readable. Unless it's a collision issue, but I can't know that unless you tell me :P

No, Skirlene should not be stealing to survive. She must have run out of gold. Which boggles the mind since I'm pretty sure I gave her and the other CTS folks lots of it, including whatever you pay them for their services.

You gave her barter gold and not real gold, right?There's a reason why I give all my dudes an infinite supply of carrots or something.And yeah, pretty sure it's a collision issue. You can't click the poster through the wall collision. This is in OCC, but likely applies to vanilla as well.Now if I could just figure out why this Inar jackass from HotD is stuck on "Follow Me!" next to his bed.

Real gold, yes. As I said, including the gold you spend with them to take a trip. You must be spending more time in Bruma than her gold supply can deal with before a reset. One should not have to supply people with -1 carrots.

I despise collision issues. Really. Especially since in cases like this it will either require I move the notice so far from the wall people will instead complain they're floating, or I stick a pole somewhere and nail the thing to it. Which I may just do since I hate floaters more than out of place poles with notices on them.

Then again, it would be cooler still if there were city notice boards with stuff like this on them. Like how Nehrim had wanted boards with occasional quests.

Inar should not be doing that. I swear to God. I handed that fix to Middark about half a dozen times and it's STILL broken?

You're aware they use barter gold for that stuff, right? Not real gold?

And no, my guy is level 2 and has spent all of about 10 hours in Bruma thus far.

You COULD just embiggen the collision in front of the poster.

And what fix? Because yeah, it sure is.

Wait, what? Since when does barter gold mean anything for an NPC who isn't a merchant? Is this documented somewhere? I don't like the implication this carries since it means I've been doing this wrong all along. Not convinced though. I have plenty of NPCs I know have barter gold of 0 and they don't steal.

I'd rather not have to engage in collision hackery to solve something that should never have been a problem to begin with. Notice on a pole is easier than farting around in Blender.

The fix I provided to him in the last few main ESP updates. It should not be breaking that way at all. That's an old bug from way before OCR even existed and it's been addressed countless times only to have it mysteriously break again. Assuming you do in fact have the latest version of HoD.

We had conversations about this way back with Weye. So far as I'm aware, they need to have barter gold + >30 responsibility to keep from stealing. This is why all the vanilla NPCs have barter gold.You could probably just dick around with it in Nifskope, but if you want it's about a 30 second job for me in Blender.HoD 6.5?

Actually, it's a 10 second Nifskope hack.Under bhkBoxShape, look for Dimensions, change Z to 1.2 or so, party in the streets.

Like I said, I've never set barter gold on any NPC not expected to be some kind of merchant. The CS Wiki only ever talks about the barter gold field in the context of buying and selling with the player, not with each other. There's no reason based on the docs to expect one should have to use it in all cases. Besides, I know I've seen plenty of my guys walk up and buy stuff from innkeepers.

The collision issue is more than just the stupid notices. The walls themselves have crap collision on them. Overcoming that on the notices themselves would require a pretty big stretch of the collision frame.

Yes, HoD 6.5. Not a lot could be done about it if he's not updating anymore and it's somehow broken again.

EDIT: Uh. No, I'm not making giant boxes out of these, thanks. Far less problematic to put the two that will be affected on a pole without turning the others into giant invisible blockades.

They're not all that big, actually, but whatever. Do your thing.And I can only tell you what was told to me in the past. Also, what's up with the crazy 30 agg on her?Re: HoD, so, what? I go ahead and just uninstall 'cause I'm never getting anywhere with it, or?

Bumping up Z to 1.2 doesn't sound like that big a collision box to me and remember you're just doing this to break out of the wall collision, so it's not like it's going to stick out of the wall all that much. Doing that would make sure it's fixed for all posters too...I don't add barter gold to NPC's either, but I usually provide them with a free source of food somewhere. I don't know if adding -1 gold would fix it though. I thought that just meant with each reset they were given a random allotment of gold. Or am I mixing that up with giving them a levelled loot list? I could be.

The standard collision on that object is something like 0.1 in the Z direction. Changing it to 1.2 is therefore a major change in the size of the collision block and this object is also used in indoor locations. Yes, I am aware that by now it could have been fixed any number of ways, but I don't see the point in breaking 10 of these for the sake of 2.

Well the wiki has zero indication of barter gold being useful for the purpose. Real gold and their barter gold would both run out quickly if one is spending a lot of time around the NPCs. Dwip hasn't been yet though, so I don't get it. Unless Skirlene has been robbed at some point.

(an oldie but goodie)

So I set Skirlene to 20 barter gold and turned her aggression down to 5, and that totally solved it. She had like 78 real gold on her, but apparently decided thievery was the way to go.

Why did aggression factor into this? I have no idea.

And even the size 1.2 collision block is so minor, you'll probably never notice it. Big number, small change.

Actually I'd really like to stick some kind of notice board mesh in each city and have stuff like this show up on those, but that would require folks to update again and for me to repack things again. Not really worth it for what would essentially be a "chantry board" type of thing where one could stick junk like this.

That collision value looks like a pretty huge difference in Nifskope. Really though, it's not particularly hard for me to just have a pole either.

I've no idea why Skirlene has 30 Agg but that'll get fixed. I must have once had some reason for it, and it perhaps explains a few corpses that have shown up near her. I still fail to see why barter gold matters. NONE of the Faregyl guys have it, and they all buy their food at the inn at dinner time. Then again, they've all got 5 Agg. So....Oh. And Re: HoD. The copy of the ESP I have has a script that should be triggering the proper stage, so long as you're within 260 units of the XMarker. Which I have no idea if you are or not. You may need to try nudging Inar away from the foot of his bed, as if you were going to start pushing him out to the street. The marker isn't sitting right ON the bed, but I put it at the same distance Middark did in the closed city.