[RELz] Arthmoor's Villages of Cyrodiil

Arthmoor

I rolled back to an earlier save with fewer mods installed. I do not seem to be having that problem with the inn being closed all the time now. I believe this issue was caused by some sort of mod interaction, but I have no idea which ones would have caused it. The main mod that I got rid of is Windfall, which appears to take place in another world space. That was really slowing down my game anyway. I don't see how that one would cause a problem like this.

AI overload most likely. If the game can't process them in a timely manner, things like this can happen. I've removed the lock on the front door so at least you won't be locked out now, and other NPCs won't get stuck outside or stuck inside.

I ran into the persistent "NPCs won't unlock that door" problem a few times, and my solution was to nix control of the door locks from their AI and instead perform the action through a script that checks whether or not the actor is dead before operating the locks at whatever time I want the place to open/close. Basically, if the actor dies, the script stops functioning, and whatever the door's lock was set to when the actor died is where it stays:

scn genericdoorlockscript

begin gamemode
 if .GetDead == 0
  if gamehour >= && gamehour < unlock
   ;
  else
   lock 50
  endif
 endif
end

This won't affect door operation because it's a gamemode script (the only ones you need to be wary of with doors are onActivate scripts), so it should serve a decent substitute if you can't get the AI to work, as scripts are infinitely more reliable than AI.

I have tried out all three quest endings to see how they play out. The one where I choose the Baron doesn't end. I went and did some other things for awhile in game. When I came back he was shirtless. When I talked to him, and clicked on the Horvath dialogue he repeated the dialogue I got just after I got the quest about how Horvath will get over the tower having been burnt down.

He stays in the Inn. He leaves in the afternoon and goes on walkabout.
Well, that's why I asked. He's not there. Anywhere. Not even after waiting out respawn periods.

Good thing this isn't a high traffic site with all the spoiling going on :P

Horvath should either be at the inn or out on the island. He doesn't go outside until after things progress far enough to have been to the cave.

I think I would have noticed a wizard in the Inn. :PHe. Is. Not. There. Not stuck in his room, nor is he on the island, nor in the cave, nor in anyone else's house.Guess I'll just re-install it and start over.

The only other reasonable conclusion to draw then is that he's dead somewhere in route to the island. Which would be tragic beyond belief.

I need to have someone explain how to use the spoiler feature on this site, it isn't the same as other sites and I can't seem to figure it out. I made a number of different tries before actually posting. And this isn't my first request.

Ysne, the easiest way is, while you're in the message box, click on the Spoiler button at the top before you start writing what you want inside and when you come to the end, click on the Spoiler button again.It also works the same as other sites, you can type in [ spoiler ] at the beginning, and [ /spoiler ] at the end (without the spaces). :)To read other peoples spoiler, place your cursor in the large spoiler box, left click and highlight across the box to read the text. I know, it's weird.

Taking a bit more time to post an update. As is typical, a moment of inspiration struck and spawned a second quest. :P

So, curious moment. Why exactly does every single damn NPC who walks into a tavern immediately walk straight to and behind the bar before moving elsewhere? It's the oddest thing ever. Is there any way to prevent it?

They're paying for their meal. It's expected behavior unless you want them to steal it instead.

Of course this behavior is probably going to change since I had to mess with the ownership to stop Dar-Luja from selling everything that's not nailed down.

dun dun dun DUN

Our fearless leader already has his fixlist, but I thought I would share two relevant things with the rest of you:

ReedstandPathgrids.jpg

Aren't display bugs awesome?