[RELz] Arthmoor's Villages of Cyrodiil

Arthmoor

1. I never had a problem reading the wanted poster at the gate.

2. Could someone please sum up the last 15 posts about NPC's and money? Cause I'm totally confused. I would never give non-merchant NPC's barter money, just LL money. If there's a good reason for it, I would love to have ShadeMe default some money in there when creating new NPC's.

Ok, some test conclusions:

1. Flying horses are assaulting Bruma:

HorseGate.jpg

2. Barter gold, contra what I was told lo these many moons ago, does not allow NPCs to buy food. Setting Skirlene to 5 aggression (from 30), giving her barter gold, and taking away her real gold caused her to steal food. Among other things, this means I need to examine my AFK_Weye NPCs, because I've been doing it wrong.

3. You need real gold for NPCs to be able to buy food. Presumably this goes down over time, but I haven't checked. It may not, like arrows.

4. Aggression value appears to trump both of these things. Skirlene's is set to 30 by default, and even with 70+ gold in her possession, she was still stealing bread off the table in Olav's. Why aggression has any bearing on this I don't know, but there it is.

Conclusion: Give them real gold, barter gold immaterial, but don't set high aggression. If horses start flying through the gates, run like hell.

So, I ran into Karz's camp just now, and on a whim, my level 2 Argonian said "I wonder if I can take these guys."It turns out that I can make a pretty fair showing of it, provided one of his Argonian minions decides to accidentally hit him with a dagger a couple of times, thus provoking a general melee between Karz and his dudes, while I watch.Then he proceeded to beat the snot out of me, but, you know.

Oh, and, re: HoD problems, the issue would appear to be with Aellis' mergeable delayer, which overwrites the quest script. I'll just go test that out.

OCC? Seriously? :P What's wrong with OCR? Makes Bruma sooooo much nicer and totally open. Oh wait, you don't like that.But while we're here, who the hell is Skirlene? And if she's stealing.. what class is she? Maybe it's just her nature.

Bad Hanaisse. No restarting the "Dwip doesn't like OCR" fight. It makes Samson sad.Skirlene is from Cyrodiil Travel Services. And it's the aggression, trust me.

Sorry, I haz committed heresy by returning to Better Cities, myself. :whistle:

I prefer the cities look like they are lived in over the forced appearance that Oblivion's normal cities had. I understand there is a BBC for OCR plugin available, but two things:

1. It's not finished yet.

2. The cities will still be largely un-cluttered. Obviously not Samson's fault, as he's trying to keep as close to the original spirit of the game present in the cities while redesigning the layouts to fit the concept art. Also, he does need to keep in mind the issue of performance, which Better Cities is rather notorious for it's FPS drains in several areas.

So let me say that there is a good reason why I do not operate Open Better Cities. The performance impact from just having them closed off is already large enough. :tongue:

So apparently if you take the tell Burd where the camp is route with Karz, he keeps giving the same "did you find the camp?" greeting over and over again. That's kind of cool.

I'll have to run through the mod again to be sure, but I think I've fixed the issue with Burd's dialogue. It would also have affected his replacement.Now to get this thread back on track!Progress on Urasek is proceeding well. All interiors are now set, except for the second level in the mithril mine. Once that's in, on to NPCs who are going to be predominately Altmer and Imperials, except for the Khajiit mining crew. Poor cats.

Maliq sad about cats. Not think they make good miners. Maliq thinks Bosmer are a much better idea. Small.Have you considered the idea of tacking Frostcrag signs on your Feldscar signposts, by the by? It gets a little thin there for a while.

Hmm. Bosmer miners? There's every chance that yes, Altmer might just be mean enough to do just that. However, even Bethesda thinks Khajiit make good labor forces since their Razor DLC had tons of them in the mine.

Feldscar and Frostcrag already share a number of sign posts via record injection. Where specifically is there a lack?

Nah, go with Khajiits. I was just doing my Maliq impersonation for Hanaisse. Also I hate Bosmer.16,40 is the first one I was thinking of. I know there's at least one more but can't remember where it is now.

Hana <3's Maliq!Hey, my main female char is Bosmer, so if you enslave my kin, I'll have to go break some heads.In other news, cause I know Arthmoor is really bored waiting for me to hurry on Sutch... all the pirates have homes *woohoo* ! I'd say in total it's about 80% done and forging full steam ahead.

Yes, but waiting on you to finish up your part of Sutch is what's giving Urasek it's chance at life before Skyrim :)

It's also why I'm not likely to be able to enter the Halloween contest this year. I really would like to get my outstanding stuff done before committing to anything new or to any major expansions on TIE or OCR or anything.

@Dwip, Re: HoD: You probably need to update your quest delayers since the version I'm using is compliant with HoD 6.5 and has the proper distance checks in place and accounts for both OCC and OCR.

Is using "no low level processing" a good habit to get into? Doesn't it stop AI from processing when the player is not around? Or am I confused (again) ?

@Dwip: The big merged one is the one I'm using.

@Hana: It is if the NPC has no reason to ever travel to a new cell.

Very much the one I was using too. Nevertheless, taking it out solved everything.[edit] Also, skip Blizzard Spire at level 2. Just trust me on this one.