• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

• Conner

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's way dark. Ye olde Cava Obscura mod. A bit overkill, it'll be coming out, but it looks like the statue stuff for the sword part of the quest.You should have seen Breakneck Lair. Pitch black, couldn't see squat. There's a certain level of ambient lighting that is just too dark to be practical. Then again, I only had two night eye potions so I was a bit frustrated :P

So there are a couple things those WTF meshes might be, although without any identifiers I can't be sure - the pommelstone for the sword, the sword flames, and the fire boom at the end of the quest. I changed all of them, so that's not wildly surprising.However, all of the proper meshes exist in the bsa as they ought to. And should, barring aliens hacking my computer, exist in your copy as well. I'd make sure I had the right bsa, for starters.The probable meshes, all in meshes/Dwip/AFK_Weye/dungeons/AFKKerrachFireBoom.nifAFKKerrachPommelstone.nifAFKKerrachSwordFire.nifThere are also a plethora of textures, which may or may not all be in textures/Dwip/AFK_Weye/pommelstone/.

Yeah, haven't gotten back to it yet. I think it's the sword stuff though because obviously I have not completed Kerrach at all yet due to being unable to see where I'm going. That problem should be gone now, but Khetienna released an update to her awesome DB Sanctuary mod which needed some special loving to properly upgrade.

Damn, that's dark beyond excessive. Is there nothing you can do about that? Wouldn't even a torch be an improvement??Khetienna's DB Sanctuary mod??

Sure, a torch would have helped. If my test guy had been carrying any at the time. I bet you didn't even realize that in that shot, I was standing face planted firmly into a stone wall - the darkness being so bad I didn't realize I had stopped moving. I removed the mod that was causing it though, so all should be returned to more navigable light levels. Note that the shot I left behind earlier from within the Kerrach lava pool was acceptably lit, but only because Dwip lit it there.Dwip will tell you I'm the first to go for realistic lighting levels, but even I leave a smidge of ambient behind to act as a residual, so you can at least see the faint outline of a wall or something.Khetienna's mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22135 which now also contains an add-on module for a sort of tomb that gets activated some time after the Purification quest, and it's actually fairly cool.

Realistic lighting is great, but within a game absolute darkness is entirely not desirable for any reason ever, especially when the game is such that you can't tell non-visually even when you've hit a wall. :( (and, no, I couldn't tell that.)I may have to grab that one, it's write-up sounds pretty good. I assume that, since you're essentially endorsing it, it's compatible with your brotherhood renewed?

Back to the topic at hand, I think I simply forgot to put the BSA into the Data folder because I went back to Kerrach and saw no missing meshes.As a bonus, it appears whatever you did in the elevator room no longer creates massive lag. I also very much appreciate the ability to get out of falling into the pits since one of the dremora slammed me pretty hard with his hammer and sent me flying over the edge.

I also very much appreciate the ability to get out of falling into the pits since one of the dremora slammed me pretty hard with his hammer and sent me flying over the edge.
Oh, I've been in that position before too, not in Weye, but.. and having to use a console command to turn off clipping so I could emerge back at the top again and then re-enabling clipping to continue playing is a major pain. :(

Yeah, that would probably do it.Lag...must have been some kind of path grid thing, I guess? Who knows. Enjoy the traps.

Can they at least be clever traps rather than tests of player finger dexterity for a change? I get so tired of games trying to prove feats of agility and such of the character by making the player prove their sense of timing and manual dexterity... if the storyline requires the character to perform some amazing feat just do it as a cut scene or some such and let me move on in play. :(Sorry, had a bad gaming console moment for a second there... :redface:

Right then. I'll make sure my next mod is a faithful recreation of the unpatched initial version of Ultima 8, just for the two of you.Then I will purchase a shotgun, because it will become quite likely that Samson will drive to my house and attempt to kill me, but.(early 90s gaming references woo!)

Attempt? I am typing this from the plane. They have no idea about me and my plastic guns. Prepare yourself.(Yes, U8 was that bad pre-patch)

Traps? :stare:I hate traps. Well, I should say I hate modders who stuff uber mega number of traps in their mods just there for the sake of how fast can they kill you while they lol.

That, yes.Also on that note, I hate most of the traps in Oblivion anyway. Most of them are excruciatingly obvious, which defeats a lot of the point. Fallout 3, OTOH, had great traps. Blended well with the environment, but could be spotted if you were paying attention. Except for a few cases, very good risk to reward ratio there.

See, I can't keep up with Dwip's postings here while I'm responding to all the political postings over at Samson's... ;)I will definitely agree that traps in Fallout 3 were established much better, and thankfully weren't the stupid traps meant to test player reflexes instead of character stats or what have you. With a halfway decent perception score most traps in FO3 were obvious enough once you realized what to watch for. I will also agree that the risk to reward ratio in FO3 seemed remarkably well balanced most of the time too.

Oh I don't know about that. Land mines in FO3 were very much a game of reflexes and timing. *beep beep beep* *BOOM* *OW MY LEGS!*

Well, yes and no, there's a feat you can take to not have to worry about them at all, and if you left the game on it's default walk speed, or toggle off running, the mines are actually pretty easy to spot and disable (assuming you've put some points into your explosives skill). But, yes, it does still test your abilities as a player more than those of your character. a far as traps and tests of skill in a game like that though, it's still one of the better ones by far.

Ha, I knew staying out of the politics posts was good for something! :PI don't mind the mines, personally, unless they fall through the geometry, as they sometimes do. Don't even need Explosives to disarm, IIRC. Just walk up to 'em.

You might want to take a look at your path grids in the lava cave for Kerrach. The Ageasel ghost had no luck getting from there to his destination without falling off into the lava, where he remained perpetually stuck until I went into the well.