[RELz] AFK_Weye

Dwip

Yes, your path grid diagnosis was correct, when I fixed that here after you mentioned it, Max popped out after I waited until noon. Little bugger has an arrow through his skull now, and the IC is littered with bodies after the mess I made :P Strangely all TIE NPCs, so no huge loss - they respawn.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

• Conner

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody stupid thing, too. It's not like I haven't known about how raised pathgrid nodes can screw up AI since like forever. You'd think that in the several times I've tried to fix this since 2006, I would have thought of that. But nooooooooo. :headbang:

Silly lil rabbit, and silly Conner :PWhy does Samson have this immense hatred of Max? At least I let the guy live his last day and kill him in his sleep.

Nah, it's just the fastest path to possession of the manor and after I don't know how many beta tests on this thing, it does start to get old having to go through the other phases first. It's also the least dangerous unless a crowded market district witnesses you firing your bow at the guy.

See, y'all doing the beta reports 'publicly' serves a purpose, now I'm starting to think I've really gotta play a bit more Oblivion rather than Doom 3 or Fallout or... over the next few days again so I can check out Weye. I've gotta go find this Max and kill him in his sleep so I can get this now famous manor house. :lol:(Dwip, bad news, you pulled ahead of me on post count there.. of course, this post will fix that, for now.) ;)

New beta esp:http://dementedrabbits.net/downloads/AFK_Weye.espTwo small fixes here:- Fixed Aelwin Merowald's misaligned back gate.- Possible fix for Max's guards going berserk after his death.To elaborate on that last one, when you assassinate Max and somebody sees you do it, his former guards with the exception of Milos will all come after you. Previously, it was possible for them to go berserk and start killing people in the street. This way should focus them pretty solidly on you, but should be tested a couple times to make sure.

Also.

Re: Bugs - I turned off those respawn flags in the ESP shortly after our last discussion of that' date=' however, it turns out that doing so does not fix it if you've already caused them to be loaded into the game once. I foolishly outfitted my unit yet again and came back after completing Heart of the Dead only to find they had once more lost their gear. Refscope revealed the respawn flag had not gone away despite the ESP edit. I had to console it manually, however that's an OBSE command. It sucks, but there's apparently no other way to undo an unintentional respawn flag aside from a clean save. You'd be shit out of luck if this happened to a vanilla NPC without OBSE.[/quote']Do you remember what the "console it manually" part involved? Realized I never added this to the readme, and I'd like a better option than clean saving.

reference.SetActorRespawns 0Or, easier, walk up to the one you need to change, open the console, click on him/her, and type SetActorRespawns 0

Excellent.Note to self: Remember to include the new farm stall nif, now with lumpier roof and way more pro-er wood UV, in the next BSA iteration.Note to everyone else: Trying to model thatch roofs sucks ass. I advise you to not try.

Note to everyone else: Trying to model thatch roofs sucks ass. I advise you to not try.
I swear I said that in the Farmhouse thread.But good to see you proving it to yourself.:lol: (we need a rofl emote too)

and I'd like a better option than clean saving.
Always! :biggrin:
Note to everyone else: Trying to model thatch roofs sucks ass. I advise you to not try.
Even in real life' date=' there's a damn good set of reasons why we don't use thatching anymore when it's at all avoidable.
(we need a rofl emote too)
Amen! :lol:Maybe a chuckle/giggle one as well.. and several others too, but I know Dwip won't support us on this and Samson's not overly fond of adding 'em so I won't push it too hard. ;)Oh, and can :D become equal to either :grinning: or :biggrin: at some point?

Orlando can be if you recruit him. I'm pretty sure Max is ICFaction, but I don't know if he's AFKWeyeFaction or not. Thalonias might also be, I don't remember offhand. Why?[edit] Also Macrinus, I'm pretty sure. May be another one or two I don't know right now.

Just wondered, a quest stage update fired for ABR while I was outside the inn in Weye and since it's a rumor without spoken dialogue yet, I couldn't tell who tried to speak it and didn't see anyone nearby who I knew to be in the ICFaction.

Latest beta esp, yes? The one where Aelwin's gate got fixed?Two things:1. Clean save?2. If you walk into Max's manor and hit tpg in the console, are all the pathgrid nodes level with the floor? There's one in particular right in front of the door that's at issue.

Latest beta esp, yes.1. Er ... did you tell us to clean save? I don't see how it would matter.2. Went inside, this is Max standing by the door. Nodes look fine to me. Also, got a shot of Graz and Kalzi just hanging out in the dining room.And for everyone's viewing amusement, I had toggled AI off to go get those shots, came outside, and found this guard, with just his torso spinning backwards in circles. The picture can't really capture how very strange it was to watch.

I didn't tell you to clean save, but I figured it was worth a shot.Beyond that, I dunno. I've tinkered with it every which way I know to tinker with it.Also, pathgrids outside the manor are ok?

And there's our lovely yellow star mesh spell from that infamous master magician Wilhelm Theron Farwil...and a double casting this time, no less. :lol: