[RELz] AFK_Weye

Dwip

AFK_Weye completely revitalizes the village of Weye outside the Imperial City, adding new buildings, new NPCs, and a Cyrodiil-spanning questline that faces you off against enemies new and old.

At the start of the mod, there are two new merchants in town. Thalonias is a wealthy traveling Breton for those players who like to recieve a reasonable price for their items. Lucius Decimus owns a bow shop, selling bows and enchanted arrows. In addition, there are several more new NPCs living in four other new houses in town. Through quests, you can attract even more NPCs to town, some of whom offer their own services and quests.

Over the course of the quests, the possibility opens up for a player-owned house, and the main questline explores the house, its inhabitants, and lets you grow and breathe new life into both manor and town. In addition, there are several other quests, revolving around Weye and its inhabitants.

Most Weye NPCs are quest related in some way - talking to people and paying attention to them and their actions can open up more options or entirely new quests.

Much attention has been paid to creating believable NPCs - Most are at least as interesting as vanilla NPCs, and they will react to your adventures and to other people in town, tell you about their lives, and more.

Full readme and download at:

Bethesda Forums

TES Nexus

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

• Conner

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

And now for one of the reasons I posted this in the first place:

AFK_Weye 2.2 Changelog

Added Menus80, Menus50 icons

Fixed glow problems with Star of Suran

Various typo and formatting fixes

Added missing GetInCell checks to location-specific dialogue

Fixed various SetFactionRank problems

Aelwin Merowald's house is now owned by him

Various tweaks to Maxentius Alosius, Kalzi AI

New patrol routine for Graz gro-Shulg

Fixed creature faction issue with Elahai

Elahai will no longer summon dremora during his daily spell practicing

Fixed problems with manor guards losing equipment. Improved manor guard resurrection

Fixed ownership problems with various items in Maxentius Alosius' bedroom

Fixed issue where Thalonias' vendor chest wouldn't respawn

Fixed issue where Lucius Decimus sometimes had a permanent sneaking animation after A Wolf In the Fold

Fixed faction problem with Noam

Fixed bug where A Wolf In the Fold wouldn't complete

Fixed a variety of bugs related to Orvas Arethi. It is now possible to complete Family Ties without talking to Orvas Arethi.

New voice acting for sequence during With A Hungry Heart

Priory of Saint Serranus now has its own map marker

Revamped the catacombs under the Priory of Saint Serranus

Cosmetic changes to Kerrach and Weyandir

Fixed various sound issues in Kerrach and Weyandir

Fixed issue with Waters of Anu being lost during combat

Heavily revised Kerrach Storm Spire

Fixed error with lich texturing

Added better pathgrids and a way out of the pit in Kerrach Rending Spire

New gear for skeletons in Kerrach based on Ancestral Ghost's Skeletons Helmets Resource ( http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11933 )

What remains:

COBL Larder fix

COBL alchemy equipment fix (probably need 1.73 for this)

Possible new Orlando/Mireena romance dialogue

As always, bug reports, comments, suggestions, etc.

And now a question for Samson.Based on this comment, it would seem that Weye would benefit from the Factions Bash tag. Poking about in the tags list, it would seem that the house ownership bit would need C.Owner, too. Pretty sure that's it, but:1. Am I missing anything here?2. What IS the good way to add Bash tags, anyway? Just type them manually in the esp's description field, or what?3. Presumably this is the sort of thing the BOSS masterlist would want to know about.

Re: Bugs - I turned off those respawn flags in the ESP shortly after our last discussion of that, however, it turns out that doing so does not fix it if you've already caused them to be loaded into the game once. I foolishly outfitted my unit yet again and came back after completing Heart of the Dead only to find they had once more lost their gear. Refscope revealed the respawn flag had not gone away despite the ESP edit. I had to console it manually, however that's an OBSE command. It sucks, but there's apparently no other way to undo an unintentional respawn flag aside from a clean save. You'd be shit out of luck if this happened to a vanilla NPC without OBSE.For Bash, it's as simple as adding this to the description field:{{BASH:Factions}}BOSS will also want to know about it. Oh wait... how convenient :)Yes, C.Owner would be helpful for Aelwin's house too, but hopefully people are waking up to the fact that there's a UOPS to fix things like that. Adding that, your tag field would become:{{BASH:Factions,C.Owner}}

Elahai will no longer summon dremora during his daily spell practicing
Aww, why not? I thought it was pretty cool. Was there a problem with it?

@Samson - Cool. And that business with the respawn flags is pretty damned unfortunate. Oi. Guess I'll need to make a note of that, since I'm not going to OBSE the mod for this one bug.@Hanaisse - People were reporting aggressive dremora, and only aggressive dremora, so I changed his pack to stop it. Which is unfortunate, since it's A, not my problem; B, it was cool. But.

OMG, that's awesome! Let's have a party!!Very unfortunate about the dremora, I never had a problem with them. So I think I'll keep my current version unless something else is horribly broken.

That's a great article, and, other than his calling AFK_Weye a sleeper, I really liked what he had to say about Weye (and the others), especially towards the end where he clearly felt that Weye (and the others, all individually) easily outclasses in every regard KotN. Gratz Dwip! :)(I think I'll have to forward that article to my son who, I understand, recently contacted Dwip about a mod he's trying to create.)

Nice. And I recall you once thinking it would never approach that level of popularity. :)I get the point the guy was making about KOTN vs these mods. In terms of gameplay time and content, they're all easily past what KOTN offers. I don't think any of them approach the level of Shivering Isles though. Lost Spires does give it a good run, but I guarantee you Bethesda has them all outclassed with SI.Although, to be perfectly honest, the Hentai one on the face of things is just beyond lame. But everyone has their tastes.Also, for stuff on the same level, you guys have GOT to go grab Heart of the Dead's most recent version. The one will full voice. Holy crap. Took me about 4 days worth of play time to get through it all in total, but it's well worth the download. It has some minor bugs, but nothing that's going to break the quest at all. Some incredibly creative puzzles, and one hell of a plot twist at the end. I'm not big on companions, but so far Kat has been behaving herself.

@Conner - Ah, so that's who that was. So much is clear now.The sleeper thing is accurate, I think. AFK_Weye didn't really take off until halfway through 1.21's run, I think (I don't have the dl count handy), and didn't really get universally talked about until the 2.x line. No big deal.@Samson - Guess I was wrong, huh?I got his point, but I felt the need to make my own, though I'm not sure I made it well. And I definitely would have swapped in Ayleid Steps for the Hentai one, but what the hell.Heart of the Dead was on my "maybe" list, so I suppose I'll need to snag it. Not that Civ 5 will give me any play time. :P

Damn, guess I'll have to go check out Heart of the Dead then.Yup, Dwip, that's who that was. ;)Is that what he meant by it being a sleeper? It was his only negative remark about Weye too.I'm not so big on stuff like Hentai or Darnified but if those are his big 6 picks, that just makes Weye sound that much better.Oh damn, I've been playing Fallout 3 more than Oblivion (in between others like Torchlight, Doom 3, Sacred 2, Hellgate, etc.) lately myself, but I'm still making sure I'm around for this. Dwip, surely you can do the same with regard to Civ 5. ;)

Yeah, sleeper as in "stealth hit", not sleeper as in "I was bored"And I think that's fair. A lot of people have said the same, more or less.As far as the Civ thing goes, how do I put this... In terms of hours invested, the Elder Scrolls series still has a lot of catching up to do with Civ. Many, many hours. You may see me again, one day.Which is to say that I believe Whir's current Facebook status is something to the effect of "Two days until Sarah is Civ widowed." So, you know.Which is probably good, to be honest. I've been pushing Oblivion pretty damn hard for a long time now, and between Civ 5 and the new job I'm starting in a week, that'll give me a little recharge time. Kind of burnt out right now.

Well, I suppose a nice break to clear the burn out is a worthwhile excuse, just try not to vanish completely on us, eh? ;)(Gratz on, and good luck with, the new job! :))

You'll probably see me out of the loop for a bit too once Two Worlds 2 hits the shelves - assuming it hasn't been infected with the Steam virus.

Since this is way off topic already I might as well add. CONGRATS Dwip on joining the ranks of the employed ! Tell us about it. I bet it's in a library, isn't it?And when both of you venture away from Cyrodiil into other realms that need your skills, don't forget about us. Drop in and say hi at least once a month. :P

My poor, poor thread.Not actually in a library. Doing what amounts to part time consulting for a firm called Butler Hill, doing evaluation and annotation of web searches. Which is to say, this. Makes use of my MLS insofar as I've already been trained to do basically this exact same job in class, which you'd typically do during reference desk work.

@Samson: I'm not familiar with that game, but if you're anticipating vanishing for a while due to it's release, you must be expecting it to be pretty good.@Hana: Indeed, it'd be awfully nice of the two of them to at least pull themselves away from other distractions to drop by once every couple of weeks or so to say hi and let us know they're still alive. ;)@Dwip: Hmm, that actually looks like a pretty good job. I may have to apply too. Thanks for sharing the link! :)

Still trying to figure out why that job requires having spent time in a university. Either way, gratz on landing it. I'd apply myself but chances are they'd scoff at my hatred of left-wing news sources :)

Why, so they can boast of how many years of university education they have total, of course.. or so they can say that they only hire college educated people or some such. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, the new BASH tags are in the latest BOSS masterlist.I'm somewhat confused how these tags are applied to versions. Meaning, I'm still using 2.1, and the Aelwin ownership fix wasn't done till 2.2, yet the C:Owner tag is there. I hope this won't break anything?(And why did the new masterlist lock my bashed patch date?)

It won't hurt anything to tag AFK_Weye for C.Owner since the cell ownership data isn't changed, it will be ignored in favor of the UOP.

• 2 weeks later...

Dwip, do you have a copy of 2.2 laying about that's more or less close to ready? I want to take a look at that reported land tear by the Candidus farm. It might be possible to massage the landscape just enough to eliminate the conflict but I'd rather not do that on an old version.

Current working esp on server. There are a couple of things I need to do with it yet, but I don't think they matter for that purpose.FWIW I don't think Candidus farm has changed since 1.1 or so, but.