[NPC] Denius Family

Dwip

Denius Family - Bruma, Bravil1. Calidia Denius (Imperial female) – wife to be of Storig Masson2. Storig Masson (Nord male) – husband to be of Calida, from Rifton in Skyrim.3. Rutilius Denius – father of Calidia4. Licinia Denius – wife of Rutilius

Calida Benis: Bruma; Nord female; noble from Rifton' date=' Skyrim. Quest: Scandal! She’s got her eye on Arentus Falvius, the Chapel Primate, and hangs out there for several hours during the day, while Olav has his eye on her. Sappy love triangle ensues. Send notes back and forth. She, of course, has no interest in a lowly Inn owner. After some time, enter Storig Mason, her real betrothed from Rifton, whom she had an argument with and left to come to Bruma. More sappy intrigue between the four of them until she finally makes up with Storig, once you collect enough gold nuggets (the player has to find these themself – tie in with the guy who has mining interests and can tell you where a gold mine is, if you can catch him in Bruma) and run down to Red Diamond Jewelry to have Hamlof make a ring out of the gold and a special diamond Storig gave you. Return the ring and receive 500 septim reward. Further conversation after that with either Calida or Storig have them happily planning their marriage while remaining around Bruma for the atmosphere, Arentus relieved of the pressure of her flirtations, and Olav depressed and moaning.[/quote']
This sounds a lot more like an Imperial name than a Nord name to me. Too' date=' we’ve got a lot of expat Nords from Skyrim in Bruma already, so suggestion here – change Calida to an Imperial from the south somewhere who’s in Bruma on some patently false business while she’s really and secretly waiting on Storig (do Nords ever have last names like that?) to show up. Of course she’s keeping it secret because of that whole roaming eye thing.[/quote']
To elaborate a bit more on Calida Benis:- Right now' date=' we have two Skyrim nobles, both Nords, in Bruma. Calida would be #3, hubby makes #4. I like Nords as much as the next guy, but that’s a lot.- There’s supposed to be, if I remember my Bruma dialogue correctly, some tension/flavor in Bruma between the rougher Skyrim Nords and the smoother, polished Imperial heartlanders. Right now, the only reflection of this is our traveling mines guy.- Calida (I’d make it Calidia) Benis sounds pretty Imperial to me. Given the above, a marriage between a southern Imperial woman and a Nord would be sort of a good reflection of the larger Bruma lore.- Since we’ve established that our girl has a bit of a wandering eye, it would make sense that she’s not being perfectly honest about her real reason for being in Bruma (waiting for Storig), and so would invent some kind of other reason – vacation, checking on her prized arctic anteater herd, whatever. More or less nothing else about the quest needs to change, just spinning her background in a slightly different direction.- As a bonus, we could make her related to some other noble(s) somewhere else, who could show up to the inevitable wedding.[/quote']
Calida – new name Calidia Denius' date=' an impossible flirt. She can be in Bruma waiting for Storig but not pleased with this imposed marriage until she meets him, cause, Nords are hot.If we’re going to do her parents, we can easily slip them in to Leyawiin and round out all the NPC’s there. It will balance out the racial thing, I think. They can have chatty dialogue about their daughter, maybe pass messages from them to her and/or vice versa. They can return after the wedding as just court ambiance. I don’t have names for them yet.[/quote']
Alternately' date=' if we make the AU guy a floater, both of them would fit in Bravil and we could do the whole impoverished family making a better match for their daughter thing.[/quote']

Something I mentioned in the architecture thread was to give Calidia her own maid. What she does precisely is probably up to Hanaisse, but she could act as an intermediary between Calidia and her various romantic interests, gossip about her boss, or whatever. Just for a little bit of that Bravil flavor and to break up all that white skin, let's make her a khajiit, call her Ahravi.Good idea? Bad idea?

Cats are better than lizards. :)She'll look out of place in Bruma, but with the background from 'the south' it should work.+1 good idea.