[NPC] Colin Pinder

Dwip

Colin Pinder - Anvil1. Colin Pinder (Imperial Male) – Refugee noble from Kvatch

Colin Pinder: Anvil; Imperial male; the Kvatch refugee' date=' tied in based on UESP Wiki quote “Sources show it was a major settlement when sacked by the Camoran Usurper in the 3E 249. During this assault, Antus Pinder led the defense of the city, and despite being defeated gravely, was given a statue in Kvatch to remember his courage and spirit.” as a descendant of Antus. Constantly bemoaning the Kvatch seige one soon realizes he’s a cowardly fop doing nothing to aid his home as his forefather did. Quest: I dunno.[/quote']
This guy strikes me as the perfect guy for a “go retrieve the heirloom from the family tomb/stash” quest' date=' if we can figure out a way to make it not conflict with Kvatch Rebuilt. Perhaps a ceremonial tomb in the bottom of the cliffs? Also perhaps we could run this sort of as a cross between Benirus Manor and the Amelion quest:- Colin wants you to get $THING from the Pinder Tomb.- $THING is guarded by the ghost of Antus Pinder, who informs the player that he’ll give it up, but only if Colin finds some courage to come get it himself.- Player can jack Antus for $THING, and bring it back to Colin (or lie and keep it himself), which is probably the infamous ending. Colin sticks around Anvil here.- Alternately, player needs to convince Colin (high disposition or personality/strength bullying dialogue) to go get the thing himself. Insert conversation where Antus tells Colin to stop being a whiny idiot and live up to his birthright. Colin thanks player, tells him he’ll think on this. Heads back to Anvil with $THING. Later, during Allies For Bruma, if you close the Anvil gate, Colin will grab some armor and show up to help fight at the Seige of Bruma.[/quote']
Colin Pinder: What more to say other than' date=' yes. Definitely a good character concept. Could be even more interesting if somehow Natch Pinder in Hackdirt could be tied in as some sort of long lost relative. Dwip’s ghost idea guarding the item is good too, as is Colin finally growing a pair and showing up in Bruma for the battle. Maybe even have him arrive at the chapel with the rest and offer his services there. Leaves open the question of what to do with him if the MQ is already past that point though.[/quote']
Thinking that if the Colin gets a pair quest finishes post-MQ' date=' then Colin gets dialogue about how he regrets having missed his great chance to prove his worth and avenge Kvatch. Makes him a little more pathetic, but oh well.As far as Natch goes, we could always toss in a line about “cousin Natch, who got involved with those crazies up in Hackdirt” if we feel like it. Maybe conditional on if the player has been to Hackdirt. Maybe not.[/quote']
To be slightly more refined about this than the stream of conciousness you almost got:- I think a catacomb/tunnel thing would work well enough' date=' although I’d use it as an addendum to the actual Pinder Ancestral Tomb than a way into it, and let me explain that.- Catacombs as an addendum would let us do the “Colin, you must retrieve $THING!” part of the quest idea as a buddy dungeon crawl without having to drop dungeons all over creation. This as opposed to going through a long dungeon crawl just to get to Antus, which is annoying.- We could play this a number of ways, but something on order of “Bandits! Bandits broke in and stole $THING from the Tomb!” makes some sense to me. Where bandits could also be marauders, goblins, or sentient telekinetic mountain lions.- As a matter of monster population, I’d prefer to not populate the Pinder Ancestral Tomb with much of anything at all beyond the odd rat, perhaps, and not make it particularly large to boot – a few rooms at most. Again, this would be somewhat refreshing from the usual mode of such things. Too, I’m having the idea that instead of undead or bandits, you take a moderately generic bandit camp in a cave, and bend it so that some of the dremora from Kvatch killed all the bandits, and then never left. So you’d have a bunch of dremora (and maybe/maybe not Mythic Dawn dudes) roaming around a bunch of bandit corpses.[/quote']