AFK_Courtiers NPC Master List and Discussion

Dwip

NPC List:

Anvil - 2 spare dinner table seats, dinner 20x4, assigned seats + individual AI

1. Colin Pinder (Imperial Male) – Refugee noble from Kvatch

2. Eduard Laloux (Breton male) – Provincial guy who wants to move in on Milona Umbranox

3. Admiral Graysin Umbranox (Imperial Male) – Has a treasure hunt quest.

4. Demetria (Bosmer female) – Sent from wherever to refine herself at court, spends time fighting instead. [Hanaisse]

- Baeralorn (Bosmer male) - Castle mage, necromancer

- Corvus Umbranox (Imperial male) - Missing husband of Milona

- Milona Umbranox (Imperial female) - Countess of Anvil

- Darihill (Bosmer female) - Steward

- Heinrich Oaken-Hull (Nord male) - guest for dinner Tue/Thu

- Orrin (Redguard male) - blacksmith

- Langley (Imperial male) - Guard captain

- Hieronymus Lex (Imperial male) - Guard captain post-TG07

- Beatrice Gene (Breton female) - Servant

- Colin Stedrine (Breton male) - Servant

Colin Pinder is involved in a quest revolving around his ancestor Antus Pinder, his tomb, and growing some spine.

Bravil - 3 spare dinner table seats, dinner 20x4

1. Octavia Aeliana (Imperial Female) – “Intended” for Gellius Terentius [Dwip]

2. Guillaume Touchet (Breton Male) – Boon companion of Gellius Terentius [Dwip]

3. Rutilius Denius – father of Calidia [Hanaisse]

4. Licinia Denius – wife of Rutilius [Hanaisse]

- Drels Theran (Dunmer male) - "inquisitor into Renrijra Krin insurgents"

- Regulus Terentius (Imperial male) - Count of Bravil

- Dro'Nahrahe (Khajiit female) - Steward

- Fathis Aren (Dunmer male) - Castle mage

- Gellius Terentius (Imperial male) - Son of Regulus, skooma addict

- Hans Black-Nail (Nord male) - blacksmith, Mythic Dawn sleeper

- Viera Lerus (Imperial female) - Guard captain, can die during MQ

The first two NPCs are involved in a quest to either clean up Gellius Terentius or further debauch him.

The Denius family is involved in the Bruma quest involving Calidia Denius and Storig Masson.

Bruma - 5+4 spare dinner table seats, dinner 20x4

1. Karn Silveraxe (Nord male) – Rustic chieftain type, helps out in the Charus quest.

2. Ragnar (Nord male) – Skyrim ambassador. Beard from here: Also has Snorri Skullshatter, faithful huscarl.

3. Calidia Denius (Imperial female) – wife to be of Storig Masson, part of indeterminate love polygon. [Hanaisse]

4. Storig Masson (Nord male) – husband to be of Calida, from Rifton in Skyrim. [Hanaisse]

- Narina Carvain (Imperial female) - Countess of Bruma

- Gan Luseph (Breton male) - Castle mage

- Burd (Nord male) - can die during MQ

- Carius Runellius (Imperial male) - Guard during MS11

- Gerich Senarel (Imperial male) - Replacement captain for Burd

- Tyrellius Logellus (Imperial male) - Jailor during MS09

- Tolgan (Nord male) - Herald

- Yvara Channitte (Breton female) - Steward

Ragnar can optionally join in on the MQ closing festivities.

Cheydinhal - 5 spare dinner table seats, dinner 20x4

1. Dredase Arvel (Dunmer male) – Obligatory Morrowind tie-in. From Mournhold perhaps. [Dwip]

2. Narisa Arvel (Dunmer female) – Girl who’s all a-flutter at Farwil’s dashing heroics. [Dwip]

3. ??? (Orc male) – Mafia don type with ties to Orum gang and DB. Wants to assassinate #4. [Arthmoor]

4. ??? (??? ???) – Good-guy type who wants to investigate the orc guy and put him in jail. [Arthmoor]

- Andel Indarys (Dunmer male) - Count of Cheydinhal, also House Hlaalu

- Naspia Cosma (Imperial female) - Steward

- Ulene Hlervu (Dunmer female) - Castle mage

- Garrus Darelliun (Imperial male) - Replacement for Ulrich Leland after MS10

- Ulrich Leland (Breton male) - Guard captain

- Ra'qanar (Khajiit male) - Servant

- Farwil Indarys (Dunmer male) - Son of Andel, Knight of the Thorn, never goes to the castle

Chorrol - 7 spare dinner table seats, dinner 20x4

1. Petrius Valga (Imperial male) – Husband, cousin of Charus Valga

2. Elenora Valga (Imperial female) – wife of Petrius

3. Arim Relph (Redguard male) – Horse breeder.

4. ??? (Imperial Male) – Wannabe vampire [Mael]

- Arriana Valga (Imperial female) - Countess of Chorrol

- Bittneld the Curse-Bringer (Nord male) - Guard captain

- Chanel (Redguard female) - Castle mage, can disappear after MS51

- Laythe Wavrick (Breton male) - Steward

- Orgnolf Hairy-Legs (Nord male) - Servant,

- Orok gro-Ghoth (Orc male) - Servant

- Alessia Caro and Hildara Mothril are here from time to time

The Valga family is involved in a quest to recover Charus Valga and/or belongings from a Skyrim battlefield.

Arim Relph is involved in a quest for the perfect horse.

The wannabe vamp has a quest to either infect him with vampirism or kill him.

Leyawiin - 3 spare dinner table seats, dinner 20x3, plus 18x6 during DASanguine

1. ??? (Khajiit ???) – Possible khajiiti ambassador

2. ??? (Argonian ???) – Possible argonian ambassador

- Marius Caro (Imperial male) - Count of Leyawiin

- Countess Alessia Caro (Imperial female) - Countess of Leyawiin

- Hildara Mothril (Altmer female) - Advisor/Chaplain to Alessia Caro

- On-Staya Sundew (Argonian female) - Steward

- Tsavi (Khajiit female) - Castle mage

- Caelia Draconis (Imperial female) - Guard captain, killed during Dark11Kin

- Janonia Aurunceia (Imperial female) - Maid

- Januarius Aurunceia (Imperial male) - Footman

Britta Invel, Jaras Invel, Termanwe, and Vlarimil Orius appear during DASanguine for the 18x6 dinner party.

Need to work around DASanguine. The package DASanguineStayAway will put people in their editor locations during the quest.

Floating

1. Adrius Vanarius (Imperial male) – Steel-armored paranoid who’s convinced the emperor’s assassins are after him, too. [Dwip]

2. ??? (??? ???) – has mining interests in Chorrol and Bruma.

3. Florius Canstavo (Imperial male) – Elder Council rep checking on Legion resources, including city guards. Huge Ocato gossip if disposition is high enough.

4. ??? (Altmer? ???) – AU dropout, has been hiding it, playing con games in various courts and moving on.

5. Nemeus Velopiscus (Imperial Male) – Mael’s crazy alchemical merchant scheme guy. [Mael]

A couple of notes.1. As you can see, I've added all vanilla castle NPCs to the list. In general, they're grouped like so:- People who get a seat at the big kids' table at dinner every night- Guards and servants- Temporary quest-related people or people who otherwise aren't there much2. Bravil and Bruma have all of zero servants in the entire castle. They don't need to DO anything, but we should probably add two per castle like the others.3. Cheydinhal has a single servant, who moreover is a thief and has the chance to get caught. We might want to increase the servant numbers here as well.4. It's possible for Viera Lerus, the Bravil guard captain, to get herself offed during the last part of the MQ. We may wish to add a generic replacement guard captain for her in that event.5. We're obviously short a whole lot of names.6. And Leyawiin NPCs.Discuss these matters in this thread, and I'll break out additional threads as needed.

Various naming thoughts, since we need to get here eventually:

Anvil:

2. Eduard Laloux (Breton male) – Provincial guy who wants to move in on Milona Umbranox

Bravil:

1. Guillaume Touchet (Breton male) - Boon companion of Gellius Terentius

2. Octavia Aeliana (Imperial female) - Intended for Gellius Terentius

Cheydinhal:

1. Dredase Arvel (Dunmer male) - Noble, some relation to Rovone Arvel of Arvel Plantation in Morrowind. Could also be Sedrane Arvel. Need to check up on these guys in Morrowind, as Dredase and Sedrane are both canon Morrowind NPCs.

2. Narisa Arvel (Dunmer female) - non-canon daughter of Dredase, totally all over Farwil Indarys.

Samson has naming rights over the other two, so I'll leave them alone.

Chorrol:

Mael has naming rights for the wannabe vamp.

I'll leave Leyawiin and the roamers alone for the moment.

Servants:

To flesh out things a little more for each castle, and since a couple of castles lack servants altogether:

Anvil:

1. Alexa (Redguard female) - Guest quarters servant. Maybe eyeing Orrin.

Bravil:

1. Glatheril (Bosmer female) - Guest quarters servant, perhaps annoyed at getting hit on by Gellius Terentius.

2. Lucan Maro (Imperial male) - General cook/servant

3. Tee-Dar (Argonian male) - General cook/servant

Bruma:

1. Fordalas (Bosmer male) - Guest quarters servant

2. Gadela Rindu (Dunmer female) - General cook/servant

3. Pilus Crito (Imperial male) - General cook/servant

Cheydinhal:

1. Dura gra-Nagorm (Orc female) - Guest quarters servant, mafia spy?

2. Rusmar (Redguard male) - General cook/servant

Chorrol:

1. Ji'zah (Khajiit male) - Guest quarters servant

Leyawiin:

1. Haj-Mei (Argonian female) - Guest quarters servant, talks about liking it there because it keeps her out of the way of Alessia Caro.

For the most part, I don't think these folks need to talk much, or even do much. In a couple of places they might be useful for some of the quests, but we can get there if and when we get there. Mostly they're just for atmosphere.

On an architecture note, I'm thinking the quest quarters servants have a small room in the actual guest quarters. General castle servants can have quarters somewhere appropriate in the castle, depending on the castle in question.

Oh, additional servants for the castle, this is a surprise.These in addition to each courtiers servant, which hasn't even been fleshed out yet, is adding quite a few NPC's (over 40 if I'm counting correctly).Or are we not doing courtier servants?Also, reference to "the miner". Did we veto my idea? Or are we just looking for a new name?

Where I thought we were going with courtier servants was a very light number of them where it made sense to do so. Maybe one per castle or so. Bruma has both Snorri and Calidia's khajiit, but Bruma has a pretty high proportion of out of towners, too.As to the miner, I came down pretty hard on your Altmer idea, and hated the name. We had a bit of back and forth on the subject, but never really reached a consensus. I suggested changing to a Bosmer male because of too many Altmers, but looking at the list I think I'm wrong, and having Altmer #2 isn't a horrible idea, just with a better name.

Right, ok, thinking of a new name.If you don't feel she'll work as a magic-user Altmer, that's fine. But we did want a female for this role, didn't we?

No, I think that was your invention. I don't really mind though, so. We're a bit skimpy on females that aren't love interests.

Also, on that Leyawiin note, regarding the khajiit ambassador.Two things:I'm unfamiliar with the Elsweyr mods. Is there any unique clothing we can appropriate for this guy?So, the Renrijra Krin. Khajiiti seperatist group, wants to get County Leyawiin out from under Cyrodiil and return it to Elsweyr. Involved heavily in the skooma trade. Essentially unused in the game outside of rumors and the existance of Drels Theran as an inquisitor in Bravil. Couple of possible things we could do with that.- The Orum gang is obviously involved heavily in skooma. Our orc dude in Cheydinhal works with them. Something could be set up here if desired.- There's some room here for secret agent plots. Either khajiit guy wants khajiit PC to help out in some Renrijra Krim smuggling activity or assassination or something, or somebody at court has suspicions about the dude. To make it even more fun, supposing one of our unnamed Leyawiin NPCs is some ally of Alessia Caro's, and is a real bastard of a landowner. RK wants to assassinate the dude, turns to infamous and/or khajiit PC to do it, or Drels Theran/somebody in Leyawiin has information about the plot and wants the PC to help stop it. If we decide not to keep the target at court all the time, we could set up a Morrowind-style plantation out in the forest somewhere, and have them travel there from time to time.As regards the Argonian guy in Leyawiin, I don't have a lot of concrete thoughts regarding the guy except that he should have something approximating the style of robes worn by this guy. It's possible we could involve him in some way with the Blackwood Company, but I am unsure how.

I have such a hard time associating and remembering names anyway that I'm pretty okay with almost any names. (We won't even go into my thoughts on y'all's clothing issues... :P)It is a lot of new NPCs to make up the servants, but it's still pretty minimal. If we were going for true realism even one castle staff comprises a small veritable army unto itself.I do agree that a second Altmer doesn't seem like too many by any measure. Female works, but I agree with Dwip that it wasn't the original idea or a consensus but that's okay.I like your ideas Dwip. Even the notion of our Argonian in Leyawiin having ties to the Blackwood Company, but I know very little about them beyond that they're essentially rivals to the Fighter's Guild. :redface: But we've brought just about every other facet of the game's world into this already, we might as well bring Blackwood Company into it too. ;)[Edit] Oops, forgot the Elsweyr thing, I'm not familiar with those mods either. :(

No' date=' I think that was your invention. I don't really mind though, so.[/quote']Er, no? Behold...
Dwip said: Likewise' date=' either the mining person should be a woman, or we need a floating woman.Conner said: I had pictured the mining interests guy as a guy, but I’m flexible, a chick could work tooDwip said: I did too, actually, but works either way.[/quote']So I just formulated the idea around a woman.
I agree with Dwip that it wasn't the original idea or a consensus but that's okay.
It was :POk, now that that's off my chest, moving on to Leyawiin ideas above.Re: Blackwood Company ideaPlease, please, please let's not try to integrate with vanilla quests. Personally, both my chars are FG Masters, the BC is long gone, and I'd never be able to do this (it was things like this that annoyed me about KDQ). Also anyone not in the FG quests won't understand it. I would much prefer to make up some fictitious faction Argonian guy can be involved in. Or we could make Argonian guy an Orc ambassador covering his real reason for being there as overseeing the smuggling operation of the Orum gang if we decide we like that tie-in with Chey Orc.Re: Khajiit dudeI'm liking the concept, not sure about the 'Khajiit PC' requirement thing. I don't have a Khajiit PC. So I'll never get this quest? A secondary location sounds good, easier for assassinations than in a crowded court.

Re: mining "guy": Fine, Hana, I'll concede that it was Dwip's fault. :PRe: Blackwood Company: We've already got the DB/Orc Mafia guy who may have no relevance to someone avoiding the DB quests, so why would it be a problem to have another person who has no relevance to someone who's blowing off a different guild quest series? I'm sorry that both of your characters are beyond the entire Blackwood Company already. I bet some folks have characters who've already finished the game entirely. I guess we should just pack it all in and not bother with any quests because someone's going to miss out on them... Seriously, it really doesn't matter to me about the BC, like I said before, I figure we've already got ties to just about everything else anyway. A fictitious faction or tie-in to someone else is just as okay with me too. :shrug:Re: Khajiit: You could always make one. :shrug:Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having an extra quest that only shows up if you happen to be playing a particular race (or are a member of a particular guild/faction), but in fairness, I think that if we're going to do that we ought to have one somewhere for each of the races/factions (or at least one for just cats, one for just lizards, one for just elves, one for just humans, etc.)

Ah, typing on the big kid's monitor again. Yay.I concede to being utterly wrong about the miner. I plead 3am on a crappy laptop monitor. I guess the main remaining problem is her name?Re: BWC Argonian vs. DB Orc, I think the key thing here is that DB Orc isn't integrated into the questline at all, nor was I really expecting the BWC Argonian to be, either. Hanaisse has a point, though - the BWC does eventually go away for FG people. Something to keep in mind.Re: Khajiit, you do not have khajiit? Khajiit sad. The idea here was to have two possible ways into the quest - high infamy (10+) OR khajiit characters could be offered the assassination mission, while anyone else would be offered the protection mission.On the subject of location, perhaps we could offer a two-tiered reward like some of the DB quests - if you kill him at home, you get some money/whatever, but if you kill him in court and make a big statement, you get a much bigger reward.

I don't see too much of an issue with the Argonian being tied to the BWC in some way. Even if they go away, just because you burned their tree doesn't mean remnants of them weren't left behind elsewhere. So long as it isn't required that the BWC still be functional it shouldn't be an issue.The reason the DB orc guy isn't terribly dependent on things is because his role is largely background there. He's filling a lore spot being the guy greasing the count to keep him quiet about the sanctuary. My only plan for quest dependence was to have him briefly unavailable between Purification and the end of the DB quest line. It would only make sense after all that he'd not risk hanging around while the object of his bribery is bleeding all over the sanctuary floor. If he needs to still be available to the player, he can perhaps get his own manor or something up in the woods that he retreats to.

Wow, guys, I never once said "don't do the BC because I've done that already".I said, "please don't tie in to vanilla quests", the same thing I've been saying all along.There's a difference. :rolleyes:And the khajiit storyline wasn't presented as a multi-requirement/ending thing so I was asking for clarification. If that's the consensus, that's fine.

Re: Argonian: I like Samson's take on this. If it happens to be past the point that BC is gone for the player, then he's just a remnant.Re: DB Orc: Samson's present proposal has my endorsement. It makes good sense and works entirely. I don't see any reason why he couldn't just be absent at that point until things have settled back down so he's not available for potential backlash.Re: Khajiit: Sounds to me like Dwip's got the solution worked out pretty well.Re: Location: Are we still on the assassination mission here or is this regarding the Elsweyr thing? Either way, I like options in general, so a multi-tiered reward potential sounds pretty good to me. (I think you're talking about the assassination mission, and the idea of getting a bonus for making it very public sounds like a pretty good idea since making it a very public death has got to be much more challenging if you're to get away to be able to collect your reward afterward.)

Hana, I was just giving you a hard time, your real point wasn't lost and neither was the one I suspect you raised inadvertently.

For DB Orc, I think Samson's got it pretty well covered, and I'm content to see what he comes up with.And now we've established that we can connect the Argonian to the BWC if we want. Anybody have any ideas on what to do with him? :PFor the assassination thing, basically this:Option A for non-evil players: Drels Theran in Bravil got word of an assassination mission by the Renrijra Krin against some fatcat County Leyawiin noble, who has a plantation I don't even know where west of Leyawiin somewhere. Player needs to follow noble around and provide protection from assassins who show up. This would presumably take place at the plantation for ease of use. One assassin would have a clue tying them back to the khajiit ambassador guy. Telling Drels about it gets the ambassador arrested (or maybe he tells you to go arrest him) and he gets tossed in the Leyawiin dungeon.Option B for evil/khajiit players: Ambassador approaches the player in Leyawiin, and wants them to whack the forementioned fatcat noble. He'll pay X amount for killing him somewhere other than the castle (and presume that this guy takes a trip home every so often), and he'll pay even more for killing him in the castle and making a huge statement. How the killing is accomplished is up to the player. Probably the player should plant some sort of Renrijra Krin manifesto or something, too. Return to the khajiit ambassador for the reward, and maybe a bounty payoff as well.If we wanted to make it even more complicated, the ambassador could mention Drels Theran sending a bunch of soldiers or something for protection as he's suspicious. For even more fun, if offered the assassination job, the PC can turn around and sell the ambassador out to Drels and do the arrest bit.

I really don't know enough about the BWC as I was focusing more on the mage guild and the brotherhood quest lines, but if he's a remnant maybe he's somewhat in hiding at this point and if the BWC is still at large maybe he's a pipeline for funding/equipment to them? In fact, just to give Mael's merchant a bit of interesting competition, what if he's also the blackmarket front for the BWC while they're still at large? Not everything one loots from even legitimate kills can be easily sold off on the open market.I'm good with those options and I like the hidden option for infamous characters to betray him by outing his plot to Drels making our evil player a hero by having committed a betrayal, which only makes it even more ironically juicy to someone really enjoying playing a subtle evil. Perhaps, if they take that option, along with whatever reward we can give them some fame and some infamy points for the deed? (It's too bad you can't do infamy amongst just the thieves/DB/beggars/mobs and fame just amongst everyone else... or can you?)

I'm sort of letting the BWC thing sit for the moment, since I have zero ideas for it.As far as the khajiit thing goes, I can figure out a variety of fame/infamy rewards, but can't do faction specific in the way I think you're after.

Oh well, it was just an idea. I was just thinking that, especially in the case of the player who betrays our Khajiit Ambassador, the result would likely be honors amongst the "good" factions of the world but not necessarily true disgrace amongst all the "evil" factions. The thieves and brotherhood would both consider it a crime against one's own and the beggars wouldn't like this player as much by extension, but the mobster types might consider it a show of strength and, even if they wouldn't trust the person very much after that demonstration of disloyalty, they might respect this person all the more for it. But maybe that's too intricate for the system the game has in place. I suppose fame counts as much against you with the "darker" factions as infamy does with the "good" ones anyway?

Sometimes, yes.I suppose what I could do is start messing around with faction reaction states, but I'm kind of loathe to get into that.

Did a bit of NPC tinkering tonight:Shiny PictureLeft to right:Adrius Vanarius, Dredase Arvel, Narisa Arvel, Guillaume Touchet, Octavia Aeliana.I'd really like to get Guillaume out of blue, but am unsure what color to use. Dredase's clothes are placeholders until I get the retex in, and I'd like to put Narisa in a very very pale blue version of what she's got.

Well, I'm completely out of ideas for the Leyawiin crowd right now, and working on my slate of characters is something I can be doing to progress the mod forward, so.I could go back to working on AFK_Weye some more if it bothers you. :P