• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sigurð Stormhand

• Conner

• Dwip

• Arthmoor

I simply have no where to put all the crap on my desk, hence I can't lay out my rig, hence I can't really mod (I may be able to do some of over the next few days with the laptop, as I have the esp's on my external hdd, but the tomb will have to wait, which is a real shame as I've managed to pretty brutally push and pull the snap kit into something quite new.It's a mixture of rock tunnells and architetechure.Four areas:1. The Hall of Arkey (this is the entrance/hub to the catacombs, it will include the passage down and a large open hall with two exits, the hall will have an opening to the sky (from a shaft) and a statue of Arkey carved out of the living rock in the centre of the room, cue cool lighting and the sound of howling wind. Initiall "safe" area with sanctified dead NineDivines ownership).2. The Chapel of Arkey (Nothing much to do with this reall, part rock, part built room with statue, alter and benches etc., mostly for kicks at the moment).3. The Catacombs (Built anti-chamber which leads to winding rock cut tunnels and halls, you might find bandits, Kvatch survivors or even Deadra here. The anti-chamber has a door to area 4).4. Tomb of the Wolf (This is Pindar's Tomb, Oblivion Duneons always have silly names so what the hell, this will have an entrance, tunnel down, anti-chamber with Pindar's companions and then the large vault-tomb for Pindar himself.All of this is planned, and the Hall of Arkey is about half built.Thoughts?

This mostly sounds good, except:- Isn't Kvatch's patron god Akatosh?- In previous discussions, the tomb part was always supposed to be before the catacombs part. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the whole thing with bandits broke in -> fled to catacombs -> got ate by daedra/mythic dawn our final idea there? Big dungeon crawl AFTER the Pindar meeting, etc. Unless I misunderstood something, that doesn't seem to be happening in this plan.

Yep, Kvatch is Akatosh, Chey is Arkay.The overall concept here sounds really good to me, lots of eye candy is good. I don't even think running into bandits/mythic dawn first as you try to find Pindar is necessarily a bad idea. Typically, if you think about it, they would/should be blocking your way to the good stuff. However, I do think Pindars tomb, or a very close location needs a 'quick access' hidden location (think Lucien and Fort Farragut or the IC sanc in ABR). If you're going to be sending the player back and forth to talk to Pindar, there's one thing I hate is a long boring dungeon crawl in and out each time just to have the actor say one line.

The whole point, as I recall the discussion, was this:- Player needs to go talk to Pindar- Pindar gives player quest to go make Colin clear some bad guys and get shield- Player brings Colin back, clears badguys, gets shield, yayIf all of the bad guys are in catacombs prior to even talking to Pindar, kind of defeats the point, doesn't it?Also, from the perspective of this was supposed to be a place people made pilgrimmages, wouldn't it make more sense to put the Pindar tomb up near the chapel, before the catacombs?

Ok, I see your point. I guess I was under the impression this tomb area and "go clear badguys/get shield" area were two totally separate places.

So, basically, Sigurd needs to change everything from Arkay to Akatosh and move the tomb up to between the chapel and the catacombs instead of the other way around, and add a secret shortcut ladder directly to the tomb from ground level that can only be accessed after speaking with Pindar the first time. That cover it?You know, if this tomb is a place of frequent pilgrimage, what's the PC got that makes them special enough for Pindar to come back from the grave to talk to them and not all the other pilgrims before him/her? Is the person sending the PC to Pindar giving them a special amulet of recalling Pindar from the grave or something?

OK, I've been slightly missunderstood.1. Arkey is the God of Life and Death, he is appropriate to an open catacomb, Akatosh is not. Ergo, "Hall of Arkey" is the name of the entrance to the catacomb proper.2. The Chapel of Arkey will be in the West.3. The Catacomb will be in the East.They will have seperate entrances and not be directly connected.4. Pindar's tomb will be accessable directly from the entrance to area 3 and a locked gate will ensure no bandits can get up to bother you unless you unlock it. By doing it this way I segregate Pindar's tomb from the rest the "safe" public area and group it with the rest of the dead bodies.As the catacomb-proper will have an anti-chamber I can knock a hole in a wall there and all in a "break in" entrance to explain how the bandits got into the catacombs without violating the Hall.Does that sound better?The walk to Pindar's tomb will be - Down, Hall, Right door, Room, Left door - tomb anti-chamber. Then it will be a straight run to the vault itself.Short crawl.

I expect that a diagram would really help, but I think I get it. As for the crawl part, depending on how long the hall and room are, that does sound pretty minor to me. :shrug:

I don't think it's ever been entirely established what patron gods the undercrofts under each chapel are dedicated to. One gets the impression that each one has its own and it belongs to that god. So while Arkay (please, note spelling) is indeed the god of life and death, it's never been established that every tomb is associated with him and him alone.That said, every chapel has an altar to every god. It's just that each one has a primary god they focus on there. So it isn't unreasonable for there to be a Hall of Arkay below a Chapel of Akatosh. I doubt the Nine Divines are going to complain about it :)

I don't think it's ever been entirely established what patron gods the undercrofts under each chapel are dedicated to. One gets the impression that each one has its own and it belongs to that god. So while Arkay (please' date=' note spelling) is indeed the god of life and death, it's never been established that every tomb is associated with him and him alone.

That said, every chapel has an altar to every god. It's just that each one has a primary god they focus on there. So it isn't unreasonable for there to be a Hall of Arkay below a Chapel of Akatosh. I doubt the Nine Divines are going to complain about it :)[/quote']To clarify, the entrance to the Hall is in the side of the hill, not below the chapel (I would put an entrance in Kvatch but that would be a huge headache vis compatability with lots of stuff, including the Main Quest.Diagrams will be forthcoming shortly before new pics, i expect.

I agree, it is mildly annoying. It's not a critical bug or anything, but it would be nice to see a resolution to it. Is it doing that on the main site too? (has anyone checked?) If so, maybe it's a bug in the newest version of QSFP because it certainly hadn't been reported by anyone before this that I know of. If not, then what was done unusually for the install here? (Or does that indicate it's a bug only in clean installs of the latest version?)

• 2 months later...